I'm not about to modify/drill my Palm Pre case or add a shell. I've been scouring the Web for a way to attach a lanyard (wrist &/or neck) via a small, flat patch or button made of fabric or plastic. 3M makes some fabulous adhesive tapes that would be plenty strong. The correct item simply needs the appropriate matching loop or grommet hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC49 View Post
    I'm not about to modify/drill my Palm Pre case or add a shell. I've been scouring the Web for a way to attach a lanyard (wrist &/or neck) via a small, flat patch or button made of fabric or plastic. 3M makes some fabulous adhesive tapes that would be plenty strong. The correct item simply needs the appropriate matching loop or grommet hole.
    A wrist lanyard would be beneficial , good idea.
    I work in a metal shop. If I remember on Monday, I'll see what I can conjure up. I'll make it small so you can fit it anywhere you want on the back of the phone, something around a 1"x1" or 1"x1/2" with a small loop on it and made of stainless with some nice radiused corners. We're a bit slow at the moment so it frees up time for government projects.
    OK, I was able to get something together today. I made it out of cold rolled steel and I am having it powder coated black. It should be done for me tomorrow. I'll post a pic when it's done and if you like it, you can have it.
    Ooo this shall be interesting.