Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Well I couldnt resist any longer and bought the new Jabra Stone headset. For those of you who haven't seen it yet it is the new cutting edge headset design from Jabra and boy is it ever cool. See it here, Jabra Stone. I won't bore you with the specs, you can see those yourself. Perfect pairing with the pre without the need to enter that stupid "0000" pin. Saw it right away and paired flawlessly. It doesn't even feel like I have anything in my ear it's so light. It is sort of like a earbud design so, since it doesn't go into your ear very far, it isn't the loudest headset even at full volume.Paid full retail $129.99 at the ATT online store with free 2 day shipping. Ordered Friday got it Monday. I'm sure the price will come down as soon as ATT loses it's exclusivity but I just couldn't wait. As far as voice quality it's perfect, no issues on either end of the calls. Haven't really had a chance to put it through any real noise canceling test but I will update as soon as I do. All in all, if you looking for a really cool looking headset (for once) look no further.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    Slick! Looks like a great match for the Pre, is that microUSB on it's charger as well?
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Yes it's microUSB. Comes with a wall a/c charger and a usb cord to charge from computer.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I've been looking for my first bluetooth headset and thanks to you, I've found it.
    Looks nice, but $130? Damn. I'll stick to my wired Etymotic stereo headset for that price.

Edit: Also, what do you think of the sound quality? Engadget didn't like it: http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/23/j...eadset-review/
    Talk about a match made in heaven. This thing looks slick, though hefty price tag if the sound quality isnt all that?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Well I have had a few A2DP headsets and the sound quality has never been very good in any. In my experience for true stereo in the ear headset the Plantronics 855 is probably a good choice. For the true audiophiles their really aren't any good choices yet. What I like about this headset has completely to do with how it looks and feels while wearing it. I finally don't feel like some geek with a Borg implant hanging out of my ear. The open earbud design tends to allow sound leakage so the volume isn't the loudest but in terms of sound quality I would put it up there with any other mono bt headset. Oh and it's right ear only design. It happens to be the ear I use but others may find it restricting. I'll update from time to time as I get some real world experience out of it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Nobody wants to hear about your pebble. (At least not in this forum...)
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mejifair View Post
    Nobody wants to hear about your pebble. (At least not in this forum...)
    I beleive you are referring to my BOULDERS, but i digress...
    Damn that looks nice!!! If they don't release the ORB soon I'm going to have to go with this...
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyq9c View Post
    Damn that looks nice!!! If they don't release the ORB soon I'm going to have to go with this...
    I won't even consider the ORB until it has A2DP. Early specs said it wasn't A2DP compliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    I won't even consider the ORB until it has A2DP. Early specs said it wasn't A2DP compliant.
    Not a biggie right now for me. I wouldn't stream music on something so small. i was just wowed by the form factor and the amoled preview screen. my original jawbone is on it's last legs...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Looks nice, but $130? Damn. I'll stick to my wired Etymotic stereo headset for that price.

Edit: Also, what do you think of the sound quality? Engadget didn't like it: Jabra STONE Bluetooth headset review
    Wait about 3 months and it'll be $60. (It always seems to work that way with me...)
    Watched the whole demo- where's the on off switch?

I need to be able to shut it off when I get into my car w/ the Jabra Crusier.
    Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy View Post
    Watched the whole demo- where's the on off switch?

I need to be able to shut it off when I get into my car w/ the Jabra Crusier.
    You put the earpiece back into the Stone charger to turn it off.
    Thanks for the answere but if you need to carry the stone around wherever you go- that's not going to work for me. I'll stick with my Jabra 8040. Same gripes as yours (must be a Jabra thing) - yeah it does AD2P (and is less than $30 these days) but sound is a bit quiet (conversations are usually ok- but music is very soft unless you push it closer to your ear)- but I can press and hold the main button and the device shuts off - and I can pocket this thing no problem.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    You can also shut it off by pressing and holding the main button like on all headsets.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Edlex, are you able to stream music through it?
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kerrypars View Post
    Edlex, are you able to stream music through it?
    Yes all audio streams through the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Yes all audio streams through the headset.
    Boo for no AVRCP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast