Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just got one of these today, and was wondering if you notice a slight hiss when the headset is on. I'm wondering if I got a bad unit. Thanks
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    I just got one of these today, and was wondering if you notice a slight hiss when the headset is on. I'm wondering if I got a bad unit. Thanks
    No hiss in mine. Is it a static kind of hiss or a tinny sounding hiss?
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    It's nice but I can think of 130 reasons not to buy it now.
    POWER TO THE PREOPLE!!
    I have one also and its great. I wish the earpiece was a different design but I enjoy it. I also like I can hear music through it. No hiss in mine also...
    Very, very minor. I usually don't even notice it. I have to be somewhere really quiet and cup my hand over my ear. I exchanged it and the new one does the same thing, so I figure it's my pre
    It looks like it only fits in the right ear.....
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Jabra STONE Bluetooth headset review -- Engadget

review here doesn't look too good.
    ---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Jabra STONE Bluetooth headset review -- Engadget

review here doesn't look too good.
    Well I've been using the stone for a little over a month now and honestly I still love it. I do agree the noise isolation is pretty much non existent (I've gotten used to cupping my ear in loud places) but I can't look past how comfortable the headset is. For me this is crucially important since I hang with this thing in my ear most of the day. I literally forget it's on. Unlike at the beginning I now know how to place it in my ear to get the best fit. Correct placement leads to better sound as well as louder, which was one of my concerns early on. I've dropped the stone, both headset and charger, way too many times to count so I can testify this is a tough little sucker and particularly scratch resistant. All in all I'm happy with it. After wearing this type of organic looking device I could never go back to the clunky "borg implants" I used to wear. I look forward to seeing more headset designs along these lines, and as an early adopter, I'll be first in line to buy my "upgrade".
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
    For a much cheaper similar concept, I actually picked up the Invisio G5 headset from Woot about a week ago, and it's working pretty well. It's not quite a "Stone" that the headset fits into, but a "cigarette lighter" looking case / charger that's about the size of the Pre.

I picked mine up from the Woot-off for $35 shipped, but they're on eBay right now for about $50. Still a little pricy, but about half that of the Jabra Stone, and the same concept. Sound quality is of course much worse than my wired headset, but slightly better than my last Bluetooth headset.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Gotta love the range. Do you know if it's A2DP compliant? I tried but couldn't find if it is.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried charging the stone with the charger for the Palm Pre?
    This is definitely selling me on the stone. When I was getting my pre, the design of the stone caught my eye, but the salesman at AT&T convinced me to get the BlueAnt Q2 instead. It's horrible. If i put my phone in my pocket it gets static-y. Plus, the thing is darned uncomfortable.

How is the battery life on the stone? If you're in a relatively quiet place, is sound quality good? I spend a lot of my time walking around a windy campus- so, it doesn't cancel out a bar, but how does it do with wind?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12