Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I wanted a screen protector for my Pre, so I bought one.

Palm Pre Clear Screen Protector w/ Cleaning Cloth

It sucks... too thick, and you can clearly see the edges of it around screen.

I want the one that feels like paper when you touch it.. does anybody have a good recommendation?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I bought the one Best Buy had when I got my phone. Can't recall the name. It was tricky to install but it works perfectly.
    I love phantomskinz. Tried a few other brands and those are cheaper easier and better imo.

comes in a 2 pack. 2 for 8bucks or so.
    highly recommend phantomskinz.
  5. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Do they feel like paper to the touch?

And which one did you get? the full body or just for the screen?
    I think it feels better than the original screen.

I just got the screen protector...it goes well with the Seido Innocase.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I love phantomskinz. Tried a few other brands and those are cheaper easier and better imo.

comes in a 2 pack. 2 for 8bucks or so.
    +1
    I have a body guardz protector and I love it. See bodyguardz.com.
    I purchased the phantom skinz yesterday, you get two, and its 30% off, with a lifetime warranty, cant go wrong, had very good reviews
  10. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Thanks for nothing guys, I just got my phantom Skinz screen protector and it is HORRIBLE

Let me start this by saying that I use to work in a store called HANDY that specialized in PDA's and smartphones. I worked there for 2 years and sold everything from Palm Zire's to HP 4700, Archos players to Treo's and GPS systems. When you sell a device like that the biggest profit comes from the ACCESSORIES, so we would also sell a TON of screen protectors, cases, extra batteries and memory.

Our clients would usually ask us to put the screen protector on for them since we had more experience with it, and experience is something I do have, I would put on an average of 10 screen protectors a day. Over 2 years that's a WHOLE LOT of screen protectors.

I would only make a mistake about 1% of time, forcing me to start over. Never in my life have I seen such long and detailed instructions for such a simple task! this screen protector is bulky, thick, MUCH too smooth, and impossible to put on without it being clearly visible.

It is definitely one of the lowest quality screen protectors that I've seen and reminds me of the old days when palm use to ship a really crappy screen protector along with their Tungsten E that you couldn't get off once you put it on.

As appose to what most people think, the best screen protectors are NOT glossy and see through, they are the MATT kind that feels like paper to the touch. Those are the best ones because they are the EASIEST to put on (and by put on - I mean PERFECTLY, with NO bubbles or visible lines) they're the nicest to the touch, and they give the screen a great tint that protects from reflections.

I'll continue my search for a good screen protector and I'll report back when I find one. In any case - Phantom Skinz is NOT it...
    you're in the minority, but that's cool. it's not like people were trying to scam you or anything.

there is a really big thread in the accessories section comparing the more popular screen protectors. maybe check in there for other options.
    check out boxwave anti-glare screen proctectors
    zagg invisible shield...full "wrap" its the best out there imho...get it@bestbuy and have them install it...like $60 total...but if it ever peels or rips they replace it free
    60 bucks? the heck with that.
  15. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    60 bucks? the heck with that.
    Roger that...
    I had is on many devices including the pre.... they didn't do a good job on the design of the actual shield and it feels to rubbery.. they did a much better job on the iphone and labtops

I switched to phantom skinz, and its MUCH better, cheaper to, better customer service... I recomend ps to all my friends and family and know they'll love it..

is - rubbery
    ps- smooth like nothing on it at all(naked screen)
    Treo 700wx > Treo 755p > Treo 800w > IPhone 3g > Treo Pro > Palm Pre
    I read the posts and was surprised that no one tried a NuShield screen protector yet. We have been around since 2001 and have provided excellent screen protection from PDAs to HDTVs.

We can be found on the web, not in stores. We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and thousands of very satisfied customers.

Our DayVue antireflective screen protector holds up better than any of the cheap films you see in stores from China and we are the only one who makes this type of film.

With that said, the film is very easy to install and you can actually read the screen when you are outside without having to shade the screen. Even when you are wearing polarized sunglasses.

At $14.99 for two films we are probably the best value on the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvintimothyjr View Post
    zagg invisible shield...full "wrap" its the best out there imho...get it@bestbuy and have them install it...like $60 total...but if it ever peels or rips they replace it free
    I also think that seems expensive especially since ZAGG is one of the more expensive units you can buy. Either way, we purchased one of the these units a few months ago and never applied it since we heard about problems with Bubbles or otherwise from the ZAGG.

So nonetheless, how did the installation of ZAGG Invisible Shield go? Did it fit well, go on without problems, and how usable is the unit when it service?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ve had a lot of screen protectors for the Pre. I currently use the Boxwave Clear. This has been my favorite. Its peel and stick and is VERY smooth, unlike the full body skins. I also had the Seido screen protector and that was very smooth as well but I prefer how the Boxwave covers the entire front.

It sounds like you want a pee and stick protector rather than a skin. The skins have a rubbery feel and can be sticky to the touch.
    This is what I have used! Static-cling. I have had the same one on now for the paste 4 months! I love em! they are cheap and come with alot! No glue or peel when taking them off. Also easy to install!

ScreenGuardz for Palm Pre - ScreenGuardz
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast