1.    #1  
    Since updating with 1.3.1 on my Pre I have been experiencing a problem with Touchstone charging (charging via the mini-USB port is fine). My setup is the standard TS "puck" powered by the Palm wall charger.

Prior to the update I've had no problems setting the Pre down on the TS charger and having it charge normally. After the update TS charging has been very intermittent. Sometimes it will charge for a few minutes then stop charging. Other times the lightning symbol by the battery and charging notification at the bottom will toggle on-off-on-off rapidly. The usual scenario is that I will set it on the TS charger at night and in the morning it shows that it has not been charging (<15% battery remaining).

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Please forgive me if this has been addressed already (I couldn't find anything under search).
    Have you tried the usual stuff?

* make sure the PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $seated$ $properly$
    * reboot the phone
    * reseat the battery/battery cover

I have to do the first 2 things fairly regularly. Mine was almost dead because I thought it was charging but it decided to stop. A simple reboot resolved the issue. On-and-off charging issues are often resolved by reseating on the TS.

If the problem is 1.3.1 I'm not sure what to tell you, but I'd start with the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by celloville View Post
    Since updating with 1.3.1 on my Pre I have been experiencing a problem with Touchstone charging (charging via the mini-USB port is fine). My setup is the standard TS "puck" powered by the Palm wall charger.

Prior to the update I've had no problems setting the Pre down on the TS charger and having it charge normally. After the update TS charging has been very intermittent. Sometimes it will charge for a few minutes then stop charging. Other times the lightning symbol by the battery and charging notification at the bottom will toggle on-off-on-off rapidly. The usual scenario is that I will set it on the TS charger at night and in the morning it shows that it has not been charging (<15% battery remaining).

Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

Please forgive me if this has been addressed already (I couldn't find anything under search).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Now when I set the phone on the Touchstone it does the beeping noise, even though I turned system sounds off.

I ended up turning the silent switch off last night in case I got e-mails/texts in the night. I don't want those to wake me up.

I just want notifications to just vibrate and not make noise like before the 1.31 update.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing the same problem also, except last night it just stopped charging via Touchstone. I'm running 1.3.1 and it's charging fine via the USB cords. So I can knock off the pluck and the wire. Charging via the cord is fine. I've looked at the connections and they seem fine also. I've yet to reboot the phone, however.

Edit: Rebooting seems to have worked, however, that was really quite weird. Any Software dudes reach into 1.3.1 to see if they changed anything in the Touchstone parts?
    Last edited by rasen; 11/17/2009 at 09:22 AM.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Having same problem with my new TS. Only thing that works is putting the Pre in my Sprint case that has the circle indented for the TS, charges fine.
    My problem with the Touchstone now, I use it at work and it used to go thru the wallpaper using Switcharoo, now the lock screen comes on after the minute. Anybody else seeing this?
    man this is great
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    thats strange im having the exact opposite problem. my ts charging is fine but when i try to charge with just the usb cable i get no juice going to the pre. my comp wont even recognize it as a device.
  9. JSX
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    My problem with the Touchstone now, I use it at work and it used to go thru the wallpaper using Switcharoo, now the lock screen comes on after the minute. Anybody else seeing this?
    Touchstone in my car used to show my wallpapers, but after 1.3.1 I only get the lock screen. It was very weird before because when the pre was on my Home touchstone this did not happen and it went to lock screen 100% of the time. I would like to go back to the old way, but it seems clear to me that palm did something to touchstone charging in the last update.
    Quote Originally Posted by xberserker View Post
    Now when I set the phone on the Touchstone it does the beeping noise, even though I turned system sounds off.

I ended up turning the silent switch off last night in case I got e-mails/texts in the night. I don't want those to wake me up.

I just want notifications to just vibrate and not make noise like before the 1.31 update.
    I have the same problem. Very annoying.
    Glad I checked here first..

Did my 1.3.1 update on my GSM Pre yesterday & last night it charged full (with regular shots of the lock screen), then when it was fully charged it stopped & the screen turned off completely. Normally there's the clock showing when it's on the touchstone (mildly annoying as it lights up the bedroom), but this time nothing. My Pre was working as I could turn it on, but no interaction from the touchstone.

I had recently acquired a Seidio innocase for my Pre (got to protect it somehow) and I wondered if it was related as i'd been having slipping problems with it (it'd slide down the touchstone out of range of the coils, then flash up with the lock screen as though i'd removed it from the touchstone completely), but when I removed the back and tried again I got the same results.

I'll give the reset trick a try now.
    Reboot seems to have done the trick, just hope I don't have to do it every time I want to charge..
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    My Pre stopped charging on the Touchstone two nights ago, but worked fine with the usb cord. I was traveling and using the TS I carry for the road, so I thought maybe it was a problem with that TS. Until I found this thread, it didn't occur to me to reboot the Pre, because I was thinking some kind of hardware issue. But pulling the battery once again worked as a universal Pre problem-solver.
    Quote Originally Posted by opensecret View Post
    My Pre stopped charging on the Touchstone two nights ago, but worked fine with the usb cord. I was traveling and using the TS I carry for the road, so I thought maybe it was a problem with that TS. Until I found this thread, it didn't occur to me to reboot the Pre, because I was thinking some kind of hardware issue. But pulling the battery once again worked as a universal Pre problem-solver.
    You took the battery out? A simple restart should do the trick - like holding option (aka "orange button", sym, and "r".
    I don't really have a problem with the pre charging, but what I have noticed (at least today) is that when my phone is on the touchstone, after a while it seems to "turn on".

It is almost like once the phone reaches 100% charge, it stops charging, then the battery drains some, then it goes back to charging and at that time the home page comes up (not the blank page with the clock, but the main card interface)

Maybe this is normal, and I have never noticed it before, but I don't think it was happening before.

I recently installed Powersave Smartreflex 500MHz, do you think that could be an issue?
    And of course, as soon as I type that reply, now the touchstone doesn't seem to be charging the phone at all...
    Maybe. Get rid of it and see.
    Nah, it wasn't the patch.

Seems to happen only at work, on the touchstone I have at work. At home, on the touchstone there, seems to function normally.

Weird. Maybe it is a fault in the touchstone and/or cord that goes to the touchstone. I will have to take it home and see if the same thing happens at home with that touchstone.

I guess I will just place it on the touchstone at work when it needs to charge, and not leave it on there otherwise like I do at home.
    Although your approach is rather haphazard, I have to admit that the suspense is KILLING me.
    Not sure if this is the same problem, but...

When I place the phone on the TS at night, it notifies me that it is charging. Fine. But, about half the time, I wake in the morning to see that it had stopped charging and the battery has less than (sometimes MUCH less than) a 100% charge. If I remove the phone from the TS and place it back on, it DOES NOT begin charging again.

The ONLY thing that I've found to get the thing to start charging again is to restart/reboot/reset the phone. I then place it on the TS and all is good...until the next night...may or may not fully charge and stay charged.

Anyone else??