Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just curious if there was a super tough/durable case for the Pre. I work as a Field Engineer for a construction company and end up subjecting my phone to all kinds of abuse. Ideally I'm looking for something to not only protect it from bumps and scrapes but to keep the dust out too. If it were water resistant that would be a huge plus but not necessary.

I went through over 12 Treos all under warranty and I think that it was mostly b/c of the dust/dirt. I take as good of care as I can w/ my phones, short of keeping them in the truck/office.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by efil4ynot View Post
    Just curious if there was a super tough/durable case for the Pre. I work as a Field Engineer for a construction company and end up subjecting my phone to all kinds of abuse. Ideally I'm looking for something to not only protect it from bumps and scrapes but to keep the dust out too. If it were water resistant that would be a huge plus but not necessary.

I went through over 12 Treos all under warranty and I think that it was mostly b/c of the dust/dirt. I take as good of care as I can w/ my phones, short of keeping them in the truck/office.

Thanks in advance.
    Don't know of any cases that actually make the phone itself water resistant. But in terms of protection from bumps, scrapes and dust. I've found that a combination of the Body Glove pre case with the Zagg invisible shield, has kept mine flawless so far. I had an AGF hard case with holster, and it cracked after one drop. The only problem I've found with the Bod Glove case so far is that it is not compatible with the touchstone.
    I vote for the one Sprint distributes - name escapes me but it is the one that gives you two from pieces - one red and one chrome. It stops the oreo effect also.
    I also say the one from sprint. So worth it and my phone feels nice and solid!
    imo, the Seidio Innocase is the best available. Combine with a good quality screen protector and you're good.
    Don't panic, there will be plenty of time for that later.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john.com View Post
    imo, the Seidio Innocase is the best available. Combine with a good quality screen protector and you're good.
    Amen.

bj
    Quote Originally Posted by john.com View Post
    I agree I have the Seidio Innocase combo with holster. Works great. Also bought the Skinomi screen protector. Nice
    Last edited by jddj38; 11/13/2009 at 04:24 PM.
    The Seidio is good, but I wouldn't call it durable. I use the Seidio Innocase, but would not recommend it for less than typical conditions. I support agronomists and crop adivsors that are constantly out in the mud, dirt, and elements. The Seidio would break within days IMO.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by efil4ynot View Post

Thanks in advance.
    the AGF sprint case from the sprint store with a good screen saver is the best protection you can get, HANDS DOWN. It protects from oreos. If you drop it hard, the case will absorb the damage very, very well.

I dropped mine while jogging (also kicked it) and no damage to the phone at all. This happened a few times actually...

Everyone who recommends this case will swear by it. Trust me, if you are worried about your phone, GET THIS CASE, and dont worry about any others out right now.
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for the input everyone. I believe the AGF will be the way I go (I already have some screen savers). I like that it's compatible w/ the touchstone too.

I was hoping Otterbox would come out w/ something for the Pre but they're so big, bulky and expensive that I don't think it would be worth it. Not to mention, I can't see how they could really make it work w/ the slide.

Anywho, thanks again for the replies!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    BTW efil4ynot,

check this out.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...emel-tool.html

just for future reference.
    I have the AGF Sprint case and being a rock hauler, I dont know what I would do with out mine. I have dropped mine while getting out of my truck countless times. Still no damage to the case or phone. I even dropped it in a fresh batch of asphalt once. Im a cluts with my phone!
    In terms of durability, the sprint case is the best there is. The two halves click together with a sliding mechanism, which has no play in it at all. It completely eliminates the oero effect as well. Only problems with it are that it is bulky and kinda ugly. But honestly, it is a small price to play for the level of protection it provides.
  14.    #14  
    Does anyone have a link?

This is the only one I found on the Sprint website:
    http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASAp...oryID=ZCP1098R
    Last edited by efil4ynot; 11/14/2009 at 05:05 PM.
    The Sprint case is better than the Innocase, for sure, but it still pops off if you drop the Pre (mine does, at least), so whether your Pre is damaged depends on how it lands on the second bounce.
    Seidio Innocase.... I didn't think that worked with the touchstone. To me, that takes it off the consideration list.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    According to the Seidio, the Innocase DOES work with the Touchstone. Without the dremel cutout, does the Sprint case?
    Otterbox is working on a case for pre according to their facebook page. Hopefully they design a waterproof case.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    Go with the sprint case. You can even get the sprint case off of ebay for about $15 rather than pay sprint $30. The sptint case also works with the TS.

I had the innocase for a little bit. The tabs keep breaking off. The case is alright but by far its not the best.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have an Innocase, they are guaranteed for life too, so if the tabs break they will send you a new one. As far as it not being durable enough? I don't think any case will withstand repeated abuse, but my Seidio will and has withstood drops, and works with the Touchstone. Oh and how do you use a touchscreen device in such a dirty area?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast