Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Thanks for the input. I bought both. The Seidio is definitely smaller in size and the rubberized coating gives it better 'grip'. At work we have iphones with the Seidio and they have proven to be very protective as the iphones have survived, what must be now, dozens of drops. That said, I like the Sprint case better because of the way it solidifies the slider. However, I carry my phone in a belt side holster and have not been able to find one that will close with the somewhat bulkier Sprint case. Any suggestions??
    The Seido case is compatible with the Seido holster, so I would consider this combo.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've had the combo with my prior iPhone. Bad news. It catches in clothing and the next thing you know, phone is on the ground or worse, in the back of a cab that's now gone.
    The sprint case is number one...Rails...No oreo...Fits phones with skins...Works with TS (Though no with skin)

Seido is a waste of time. If you like broken tabs and BAD CS then go for it. Its up to you really. Just thinking of having to use this crappy case makes me wanna...oh never mind. You get the point.
  5.    #25  
    Well, I'm going to go w/ the Sprint case. The only problem is that the Sprint store here in Fort Collins is the worst I've ever been to. So, they were out of the case and after waiting for 30 minutes for them to get through the 3 people in front of me, I left. Of course yesterday it was -15 here and I dropped the phone in packed snow causing it to damn near shatter. The replacement is on its way and I don't even want to touch it w/o the case on it first.

Thanks again for all of the input, folks.

Also, just to verify, is this the Sprint case you all are talking about? Are the red and chrome the only colors available?
    Last edited by efil4ynot; 12/10/2009 at 10:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efil4ynot View Post
    Well, I'm going to go w/ the Sprint case. The only problem is that the Sprint store here in Fort Collins is the worst I've ever been to. So, they were out of the case and after waiting for 30 minutes for them to get through the 3 people in front of me, I left. Of course yesterday it was -15 here and I dropped the phone in packed snow causing it to damn near shatter. The replacement is on its way and I don't even want to touch it w/o the case on it first.

Thanks again for all of the input, folks.

Also, just to verify, is this the Sprint case you all are talking about? Are the red and chrome the only colors available?
    Yes that's the right case.
    Sucks they don't have colors other than red and chrome.
  8.    #28  
    Killer. I've got it on the way. Not too excited about the colors either but it beats the $100 deductible.
    Well if you hate the colors you could paint them if you really want too. I seen a few people do it and I guess it worked out well for them.
    I used black spray-paint on the red piece, and it's not too bad. A little bit of red still showing on the edges makes it seem a little like Japanese urushi (lacquer).
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Can someone post a link to one on ebay for $15? I would rather pay half price than $30 at sprint.

Thanks
  12.    #32  
    If you type in the serial number: ZCP1098R and click on "Title and Description" for the search, it will pull up the ebay member that I got mine from. It looks like they only have one up for auction at a time but 40+ in stock.
    Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    Wow - I came here this morning to post just such a question: Which case will best protect the Pre from a drop?

If I go with the Seidio, the tabs are gonna break and I hear their customer service is bad for getting a replacement.

If I go with the Sprint case... well, to be honest, the thing is hideous... I tried one on at my nearby Sprint store yesterday - it's wayyy bulky and the red is bad. The phone didn't even look like a Pre anymore. It also didn't even seem to fit right: there were weird gaps and stuff.

If I go with a leather flip case, you have this leather flap hanging out when you make a call.

If I go with a sleeve, the phone is out and still vulnerable when you are most likely to drop it: when you're using it.

It was good to hear from you guys that the Seidio has a lifetime warranty - that makes me reconsider them as I think it's the best LOOKING case for the Pre, but is it really a hassle to get a replacement from them?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12