1.    #1  
    I have just purchased both of these headsets and thought I would write a review for everyone at this forum. I didn't see any reviews for both of these products so I thought the information might be beneficial.

I wanted a bluetooth headset that could work well in the gym and for my computer. I watch tv with my computer, and that 3 foot range is just miserable. In the gym my headphones always tend to fall off or get ripped right out of my ear. Originally, I looked at the Motorola s9 hd because they got great reviews here. It didn't take long for me to see that these things just wouldn't work. Every time I would push my head back, the headphones would be pushed out of my ears. That made them useless in the gym.

Jaybirds-

Pros
    1. they are small and can easily be put in your pocket
    2. seems to hold against sweat though I haven't used them long enough to really say they are bullet proof
    3. They are rather comfortable and can easily be worn for the duration of a workout.
    4. They seem very sturdy and look very sleek.

Cons
    1. They DO NOT work with the palm pre other than the phone. I heard about a firmware update on the newer ones purchased directly from them, but I really don't know if that is true.
    2. They make you ears point out slightly. At first, this didn't bother me, but it wasn't long before I just felt like a fool looking in the mirror. I am a single guy who doesn't go to the gym to pick up girls, but I don't want people to think I look like dumbo. It doesn't at all make it look like the thing is pushing your ears out, it just pushed you ears out. For a few minutes I swore my ears actually looked like this and the device just made it more apparent.
    3. You have the charge it on a dock. Supposedly, this is so sweat doesn't get into the device.
    4. The earphones have to be perfectly balanced in order for it to charge. If you slightly touch the chord, it will stop charging without you knowing.
    5. Does not come with a wall charger.
    6. The thin wire gets stuck to my neck cause it to get ripped out when I look to the left or right. I don't have to be that sweaty for this to happen either.
    7. Range is far worse than the jabra halos. Maybe a 15 foot range in best case scenario.
    8. Static was loud when nothing was on. On my computer I usually just keep headphones on but it was annoying listening to the hissing 24/7
    9. I had to pair the device every time I went on my computer. Again, someone said a firmware update fixed this, but I purchased it at target because it was dramatically cheaper so I don't know.
    10. I have the included ipod attachment and it is pretty useless. You ipod would have to be on your arm or it would not work at all. Even at my waist it was completely cut out.
    11. The volume button controls the volume and changes the track (depending on how long you hold it). I noticed that it would change the track by mistake but not even just one song. Sometimes it would skip like 5 songs.
    12. I don't like that it blinks. The halo hides the blinking light on the inside which I like.

Jabra Halo

Pros
    1. Very comfortable. I have worn them for over 4 hours and it didn't bother me. They are snug but would tend to fall off if I bent over to pick something up off of the floor.
    2. The range seems great (indoors). I haven't used them outside, but indoors they blow away the range of the jaybirds. it goes through separate rooms without giving me any problems.
    3. Sound a very good. Better than most 20 dollars ear buds. Bass is there, but will cause distortion if it is too loud.
    4. You can plug it in if you are using something without bluetooth. This makes me not have to carry around two pairs of earphones. I want to know if it actually turns off the bluetooth because I fly a lot and would rather not carry two head sets.
    5. It has touch sensitive controls which work great for me.
    6. I was on the phone for 4 hours and the caller said I sounded good. I walked away from the phone several times and had no problems.
    7. Comes with ac adapter and usb charger.
    8. Pairs with my computer and phone at the same time allowing me to watch a movie and not miss a call.
    9. Easy to turn on and off.
    10. Hidden blinking light.

Cons
    1. the velvet type padding gets wet when you workout making it very uncomfortable. They feel a lot like ear muffs warming your ear slightly.
    2. Will not stay on during vigorous exercise. Leaning forward or running would almost definitely send these things flying.
    3. I feel like the hinge system may break after a short time. They feel very strong and durable but when I open and close them I really feel like I am snapping it and forcing it back to place.
    4. Kind of hard to carry around. Even though they fold up they aren't able to be thrown in a bag without the chance of them breaking.
    5. I have also read the that halos have a minimum volume that is too loud if you are trying to pair it with an ipod touch or ipod. This may have been solved on iphone updates but you could always use an adapter.
    6. They are pretty big and I felt stupid wearing them in the gym. The size also cause me the get dramatically hotter during my workout.

Overall, I am not satisfied with either of the devices 100%. I originally wanted a device more for the gym and none of them do that. On the other hand, I like the Jabra so much for home use that I may just keep them for that. One nuisance with both of them is that they have a delay so the audio never syncs right, but I think that is a problem with bluetooth in general.

I am thinking about the backbeat 903's now. It looks like the stiff wire makes it hover behind your neck, solving the problem I have with the jaybirds. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Also, if anyone wants me to do any tests with these devices, ask away. I just got them so I have a good amount of time to test them out.
  2.    #2  
    Well, I have been using both devices and I have had a change of heart. I returned the Jabra halo set because it was just not as versatile as I would have liked. They got gross if you were sweating so it was useless in the gym. They fell off if I bent over and this was a real deal killer for me.

The jaybirds have been impressing me the more and more I use them. They now work perfectly fine with the palm pre as well as the ipod attachment. I tested them on an ipod without the attachment and it worked WAY better. This made me believe that the attachment is the source of the majority of the weird problems so people with the 2g or 3g itouche should be satisfied. I taped the wire up a little so now it goes across my hairline avoiding my neck completely. This make it not possible to stick to my neck and get pulled out. I am also getting used to the dock. As long as you aren't bumping into it, you should be fine.

I also purchased a set of altec 903's to throw in the mix. The 903's have far superior sound compared to the jaybirds. They are heavier than the jaybirds though so I can always tell they are on. With the jaybirds, I sometimes forget I am wearing them. I happen to find these to be more comfortable in the beginning, but that feeling doesn't last. After about 30-60 minutes they start causing some pain. I will add a full list of pro's and con's for the 903's

pros
    1. Sturdy set of headphones. Buttons feel nice and they don't seem like they would break easily
    2. Price. They cost more than half of the price of the jaybirds. You can pick them up for less than 50 dollars online. They also sell them at sprint stores so you can try them before you go and purchase them online.
    3. Sound. They sound great! There is slight static, but the sound is not tinny at all.
    4. They don't blink! If you click the button it will blink once to tell you the device is still on.
    5. Great battery life.
    6. I like the way they look on me better than the jaybirds. They don't stick your ears out at all.

cons
    1. Neck wire is kind of bulky. They stick out farther in the back than the jaybirds so if you are laying down on a pillow they will get knocked out. Laying down on a hard surface shouldn't be a problem though. I taped one side of the wire up so it is guided across my hairline instead of my neck.
    2. They hurt after a while, but this is my personal opinion.
    3. They don't turn off when not in use. I have left them on so many times and it is really annoying. Luckily, they have a great batter life, but it is still annoying.
    4. They gave me weird problems when I first got them. They completely stopped working for a day and then worked again. Two days later the same thing happened. I read reviews that claimed these devices are notorious for breaking at random.
    5. I haven't used them in the gym yet and am kind of worried to how they will hold up to sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason12 View Post
    Jaybirds-[...]

1. They DO NOT work with the palm pre other than the phone. I heard about a firmware update on the newer ones purchased directly from them, but I really don't know if that is true.

That is not at all true. Jaybirds work perfectly with the Pre for music, phone, etc. I got the Jaybird 200s when they first came out (because I had the Jaybird 100s and got the upgrade price), have never done a firmware update on them (never knew there was one), and have had no issues with them pairing with or working with my Pre (nor did I have any issues with them with my Centro, the phone I had before the Pre came out).

4. The earphones have to be perfectly balanced in order for it to charge. If you slightly touch the chord, it will stop charging without you knowing.
    I've not had that problem. I have bumped the thing and they stay in place just fine - sounds like you're not pushing them down solidly enough into the connector. Also, you always know when they are or aren't charging because a bright red light is on one side (where the Bluetooth logo is) when they are charging.

5. Does not come with a wall charger.
    Yes it does, at least back when I got mine it did and the 100s also came with a charger. It comes with the dock, USB cord, and wall plug that you plug the USB cord into. Sounds like you got an incomplete kit somewhere - if you got it from a store or eBay or something, maybe you got a returned item?

6. The thin wire gets stuck to my neck cause it to get ripped out when I look to the left or right. I don't have to be that sweaty for this to happen either.
    Haven't had that problem, but I haven't gotten all sweaty while wearing them, either. Plus, you likely have a larger neck than I do.

7. Range is far worse than the jabra halos. Maybe a 15 foot range in best case scenario.
    The only issue I've had with them tuning out was on a cruise ship in a certain part of the buffet room, which is a room of all windows as well as metal, so when I walked through a certain part, they blipped out a bit. But as I sat there eating, they worked just fine. This was with my phone (Centro) in a bag on my left side (not their recommended right side) at about knee height (not their recommended elbow height or higher). I've used them across rooms and down the hall into the bathroom just fine.

8. Static was loud when nothing was on. On my computer I usually just keep headphones on but it was annoying listening to the hissing 24/7
    Sounds like you got a broken pair, as I've never heard static or hissing through either the 100s or 200s.

9. I had to pair the device every time I went on my computer. Again, someone said a firmware update fixed this, but I purchased it at target because it was dramatically cheaper so I don't know.
    I haven't used them with a computer, but pairing works automatically just fine on my Pre as it did on the Centro. I hope you're still within your return period to bring them back to Target, as it sounds like you got a bad and possibly returned pair. If you're past the date, try contacting the Jaybird folks; they are really nice and helpful.

11. The volume button controls the volume and changes the track (depending on how long you hold it). I noticed that it would change the track by mistake but not even just one song. Sometimes it would skip like 5 songs.
    Read the instructions on how to use the buttons. It is simple once you realize how long you have to hold each down to do certain things and which buttons do what things. The only time I've done the wrong thing than what I wanted was my own fault (user error) when I forgot what button does what or how long to hold each button for what I wanted.

12. I don't like that it blinks. The halo hides the blinking light on the inside which I like.
    Yeah, it can be annoying in a dark room (like if you're trying to fall asleep to music), but a LOT of Bluetooth devices blink. Want it to stop blinking? Put a piece of electrical tape over the light. Just know that if you do that, you won't see when the light changes color to let you know the battery is almost gone and you won't see the light when it is on the charger.
    What would the Halo's be like for a long flight or for just lazing around?
    oh, and nothing's really mentioned about the sound quality. . .
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    The BBT903 is very sensitive to sweat. Once you experince a power failure becaus of sweat, it is toast. I think they are the most user friendly stereo bt headsets, but don't get them wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedogg View Post
    What would the Halo's be like for a long flight or for just lazing around?
    I don't think you can use Bluetooth during a flight.
    jason13 - do you wear glasses or sunglasses? this is my biggest problem with the jaybirds...now trying to find something with bluetooth that doesn't go over the ear
    I bought Jabra Halo few days ago and so far it seems good and no problems.volume is good and can be adjusted and audio quality is good.Voice quality seems ok, though I need to test it out further.
    can you stream pandora or slacker on it??