1.    #1  
    So I was excited to learn that Seidio came out with the 2600 battery recently. Looks like they really made a good battery for the heavy hitters.

However, while I hate to say it, I think it just kills the look of the phone. I was fine with adding some heft to the phone and a new back, but it just looks TOO bulky and awkward.

I realize they have the 13xxmA battery, but since that's barely better than the factory one, that doesn't really interest me. Plus, I'd ilke to replace the back of my phone since I want something grippier (like the Seidio back).

I was wondering if they had plans for another battery, one that kind of split the difference between the two - maybe a 1900-2000mA battery. Bigger than stock with a new back, but not quite as bulky as the 2600. Price it $5 less than the 2600 and you've got a hit on your hands.

Would anyone else be interested in this, or am I alone here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooldino
    I was wondering if they had plans for another battery, one that kind of split the difference between the two - maybe a 1900-2000mA battery. Bigger than stock with a new back, but not quite as bulky as the 2600. Price it $5 less than the 2600 and you've got a hit on your hands.

Would anyone else be interested in this, or am I alone here?
    Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Seidio products! Currently, we are no further development plans for additional batteries, but we have receive many praises for the extended batteries and people actually like the cover because it adds assurance that your Pre sit firmly in your hand. The added weight also helps when typing or navigating using just one hand.

Hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
  3.    #3  
    I agree, and also mentioned that I would prefer a Seidio back. I just didn't want something quite as bulky as the 2600.

Thanks anyway though.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Your best bet is the mugen 1400 battery, that's about the only one that will keep the pre's back and not add bulk to the phone.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-battery.html

Otherwise, its a wait and see if anyone will make a battery that is roughly 1800-2200 without the need of extra bulk, that would be ideal for me.
    Go Blue!

i was told that is the same battery as the seidio 1350 battery with different print on the thing lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sd7318 View Post
    Your best bet is the mugen 1400 battery, that's about the only one that will keep the pre's back and not add bulk to the phone.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...d-battery.html

Otherwise, its a wait and see if anyone will make a battery that is roughly 1800-2200 without the need of extra bulk, that would be ideal for me.
    Right, but like I said in the first post, I PREFER a new back and don't mind SOME extra bulk, just not as much as bulk as the 2600.
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    It's really not bad to have the 2600mah battery. My pre is a bit of a porker now, but, it is easier to grip (that could be taken out of context!). I would have preferred something a bit smaller, but after a bit, the size is really not an issue.
    I would be interested in a mid range battery.
    I have the 2600 and am very happy with the battery performance but I absolutely hate the hockey puck form factor. My wife still has stock for hers and it almost seems like a completely different phone.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    yeah I find it strange seidio won't even consider a slimmer 1750 model. I don't think a thin 2000 is possible as the 2250 off ebay is fairly thick...however a thicker 1750 could still be significantly thinner than 2600 and open a market up for non power users.