1.    #1  
    Anyone with this unit? If so, does the bluetooth work well? Pandora or Accu Radio, do they work well with this unit?

Thanks for any replies.
    Last edited by swissarmy; 11/09/2009 at 08:03 PM.
    An aftermarket kit was just made for my 07 Mazda CX-9 and I am itchin to upgrade my radio (mainly for bluetooth A2DP). I saw this, since it mimicks the original design of my vehicle, but the reviews for the unit are mixed. The majority complain of the navigation. Switching sources and adjusting items are complicated. And the segmented LCD display looks outdated. Below is the Amazon site with reviews.

Amazon.com: Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT - Radio / CD / MP3 player / USB flash player - Double-DIN - in-dash - 50 Watts x 4: ElectronicsAmazon.com: Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT - Radio / CD / MP3 player / USB flash player - Double-DIN - in-dash - 50 Watts x 4: Electronics
  3.    #3  
    After further research I have decided to put the DEH-6100BT (Pioneer) unit in my 2004 Ford Expedition. I should receive it by Friday & will update how it is working in the "List of working BT stereos" thread. It is different from the 800BT in that it is not the 4 inch receiver but I have heard great reviews about this device. One installer I spoke with at Crutchfield said people did not like the visual night lights of the 800BT?
    I just ordered the eclipse cd5030. If you wait till thursday I will try to post a review (hopefully I will get it installed and tweaked that night).

There is also a thread in here I started listing several HU and how they work with the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    I just ordered the eclipse cd5030. If you wait till thursday I will try to post a review (hopefully I will get it installed and tweaked that night).

There is also a thread in here I started listing several HU and how they work with the pre
    Let me know if you are able to get it to work with the Pre... I just got one too, and I am able to connect it to the Pre for Bluetooth Audio but can't seem to get it to connect to the Bluetooth Phone. Also, with the Audio, it doesn't seem to auto-connect for me. I have to manually connect it each time I get in the car. will be curious to know how it works for you
    try to unpair it and re pair it as a phone first. Its recommended somewhere in the manual. Let me know if that works for you.

that being said diff people have experienced either one or the other not working. But I have not seen responses yet if the issue was solved.

p.s. Sorry for hijacking
  7.    #7  
    Scoobdude,

I look forward to your review. I can always send my unit back if needs be. Thanks for the post.
    I have the exact same radio, Pioneer FH-P800BT, and the BT works great with the Pre.
    By default, the radio's ringer is turned off, the music just mutes. Didn't figure that one out right away.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I have the exact same radio, Pioneer FH-P800BT, and the BT works great with the Pre.
    By default, the radio's ringer is turned off, the music just mutes. Didn't figure that one out right away.
    How do you like the interface? I have heard that its pretty complicated to do simple tasks (not like I can learn...being all tech-savvy with my Pre and all...). And do you have it integrated with your steering wheel controls?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Please post your review and other info in this thread so i can keep it updated.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...r-stereos.html

BMIC50, please do the same. I will post a link to my review in your thread as well as the one i created to help people reference
    I have the 8000BT, its the same as the 800BT. I haven't used my phone on it. But I stream pandora and other apps, along with my GPS to it. It works fine.
    I have that exact unit in my wife's car and it works perfectly, streams music and takes calls thru the car speakers. You'll like it.
    John
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I have the 8000BT, its the same as the 800BT. I haven't used my phone on it. But I stream pandora and other apps, along with my GPS to it. It works fine.
    Surprising! My Verizon Pre Plus with the same stereo 8000BT manages the phone call routing successfully but fails to establish a stereo connection after the very first attempt to pair the two.
    The way I do it, and not sure if this is any different then yours.

Go to BT Audio, then press center button till you see Connection, then pair them up. ( I haven't done this for awhile now, so not sure if any new updates may have broken it. )

The Telephone and BT Audio are actually seperate bluetooth connections for this device.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    The way I do it, and not sure if this is any different then yours.

Go to BT Audio, then press center button till you see Connection, then pair them up. ( I haven't done this for awhile now, so not sure if any new updates may have broken it. )

The Telephone and BT Audio are actually seperate bluetooth connections for this device.
    Thanks! that did it. Streaming Pandora during long drives is now going to be fun...