Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Hunting Season starts here in Florida in two weeks.
    I like to carry my cell for emergencies or to brag to my buddies.

I will probably hook in the headphones or a blue tooth head set to take calls.
    It would be nice to text while its protected but not mandatory.

Any one have a waterproof case or bag they like?
    Here is a link from Amazon that has different waterproof cases that you could probably use.
  3. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Been doing that- just want something more durable.
    I'll beat you to the punch and say a Freezer bag is not gonna cut it
    Last edited by bevis; 11/08/2009 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevis View Post
    Been doing that- just want something more durable.
    Did you check out the link that I posted? They have waterproof bags specifically made for electronic equipment.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Did you check out the link that I posted? They have waterproof bags specifically made for electronic equipment.
    Yes- thanks. Looking for a review from someone that has used a specific product.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevis View Post
    Yes- thanks. Looking for a review from someone that has used a specific product.
    I almost bought one for my Amazon Kindle. I've read where people have actually tested them by putting a paper towel inside and then locking the bag closed, submerging the bag under water for 10 minutes and the paper towel inside remains dry.

There are different manufacturers but they all basically use the same concept.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    IMO the best water proof case that fits the pre perfectly is the otterbox 1000 case. I got mine from amazon for $6.99 with free shipping. If you look up the inside dimensions it seems like it is too small but trust me it fits great and I moded mine by adding an igrip mount and it is really cool you can check it out on my flickr,I will post a link.

here is the amazon link:
    [url= OTTERBOX 1000 Series 1000-14 Waterproof Case (Blue): Everything Else[/url]
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    here is my moded otterbox if you are interested

palm pre otterbox - a set on Flickr

you don't need to do this but it is kinda sweet, I use mine to hold my phone while I ride my bike in NYC it can take a beating.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I don't know what happened to that first amazon link but lets try this one more time

Amazon.com: OTTERBOX 1000 Series 1000-14 Waterproof Case (Blue): Everything Else
    I've used the Dri Pak cases for years; my Treo was used in salt water for many years and did just fine, and you can make and answer calls, even look at radar through it with no problems while it's protected. The size is important, because the Pre tends to stick to the vinyl...especially if you have a skin on it. You need to have enough room to be able to easily slide it in and out. I bought one on Ebay that fit it by size but it was really too small. But Dry Paks are the way to go if you want to use the phone while it's protected. Sticking it in an Otterbox is fine as long as you don't want to use it.