Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I'm new to the Pre scene but in about a month I've learned a lot about the Pre's shortfalls.

One of which happens to be its poor construction.

Like many of you I have the "wiggle" on my phone and after examining some Pres at the Sprint store and noticing the same thing I decided to opt from getting a replacement Pre to picking up the Sprint case simply dubbed Item # ZCP1098R.

I feel as though Sprint recognized the "wiggle" problem and in an effort to get out a quick fix of some sort and make some money in the process they released this case.

It completely stops whatever "wiggle" and "oreo" you might have on your Pre.

So if you're bothered by the Pre's poor construction, you should do yourself a favor and save the headache and buy the thing.

It's a rip off at $30 and iffy with the Toucstone, but worth the cost and trouble if you're just as annoyed with the "wiggle" as I am.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Does not work with either of my two touchstones or pres. A disappointment. It's rail design is good, but adds far too much bulk to the phone.
    You can get this on E-Bay for $15. It works perfectly on all three of my touchstones. One poster modified the case using a dremel - still gets protection and no oreo, and the touchstone works. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...emel-tool.html

Here is the E-Bay link. Sprint Palm Pre OEM Original Snap on Phone Covers - eBay (item 230376359271 end time Feb-07-10 08:18:54 PST)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump48257 View Post
    Does not work with either of my two touchstones or pres. A disappointment. It's rail design is good, but adds far too much bulk to the phone.
    I must agree with you this was my first case, purchased it with the Pre and the Touchstone less than a week ago. In my defense it was the only case for the Pre they had in stock at the time. It repeatedly dinged while on Touchstone so I removed it after trying to no avail to change positioning and locate it's sweet spot on the Touchstone. After removing it the dinging stopped and the stone works like its supposed to. I ordered the Seidio innocase Soft Touch case last night from a seller on ebay after reading it works great with the Touchstone. Hope mine does.

edit* After watching the video linked above, I thought I would give this case another chance and put it on again and give it a go on the stone. Needless to say I took it off again after dinging then unresponsive stone. Placed caseless pre back on stone and presto it was working fine once again. I'd say this case is iffy at best. Placement of the Pre onto the Stone is not supposed to be such a hassle imo. That said, it does fit very nicely/snuggly onto the pre and makes the slide process feel more secure.
    Last edited by stellacotton; 02/03/2010 at 08:00 AM.