1.    #1  
    This thing is an absolute gem. I installed it in my 2006 Civic, and I fortunately have the Aux input jack so I can listen to everything that the Pre does through the car speakers, even talking on the phone as long as the volume in the car isn't too loud as feed back will occur.

Anyway, I have the car charger with the #2,3 shorting method mod done on the charger from bestofferbuy.com, you know, the 1.2Amp charger. I had my GPS running with the text to speech turned off, the Music remix App from Homebrew running a nice set from DJ Faskil, multiple phone calls via bluetooth and also many texts, and some other simple app opening like Trapster, which I am trying to like, but the delay is making it tough.

With all of this going on, the Touchstone still kept the charge increasing at a slow but constant rate. Actually I can't even say it was slow. It increased the battery percentage about 1% every 1-2 minutes. This test was by no means as thorough as I wide like to be performed.

So to sum up, I like touching Touch-type-stones and also black matte finish covers with my person and my hand sensors, leading to what I call one helluva TouchStone accessory. Aww yeah kid. Pea Soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Pictures of your setup? I have the same car and I can't seem to find a good place for a touchstone location.
  3.    #3  
    I only have the Pre to take the pics, so I can only show the TS location. The wires are next to be hidden completely. I bought a retractable 3.5mm cable from monoprice.com and that is the next to be installed.

Here are the 2 pics I have:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have a Civic too. Thanks for the pics.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I have a Civic too. Thanks for the pics.
    I have to take new pics tomorrow. Since the ones listed, I have recently bought a female cigarette lighter plug with pos and neg wires that I ran to the fuse box and chassis ground. I then plugged the 12v usb adapter and fastened it under the kick panel. This freed up my 12v adapter outlet which, as you know, we only have just one available. I use the retractable 3.5mm plug and it is a great setup.

I will take some more pics as soon as I get a chance and show you the latest setup. The TS is still in the same place though. How is your setup coming along?
    loving the tootsie rolls and smarties in the center compartment
    Did you try flipping the stone 180 degree? I thought having the wedge point up might be better angle for viewing while driving.
  8.    #8  
    I'll make sure I take some pics today with my work camera, and post them up. You will see the angle is perfect. The way the TS is placed makes the Pre almost level. Also, the Palm logo on the TS is not reversed like would be the case if i reversed the TS. I believe reversing it 180 would also put too much angle.

The TS's magnet has not let me down yet. The only time the Pre has fallen off is when I was messing around with it, like trying to insert the 3.5mm cable and pushing the phone right off the TS.

What type of 12v adapter do you use? The one from best offer buy.com where you can easily solder pins 2 and 3? That's what I have.

I'll take some pics at lunch time and post them up around 1pm today. You can check out the latest and probably finished install. The only thing I am still not happy with is that the USB cable is noticeable. I would have liked to run it through the vent, but that would have required drilling into the duct underneath and sealing it up. It would make for the ultimate install though, with wires virtually hidden completely.
  9.    #9  
    Pictorials like promised.

Let me know what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I haven't been able to make calls through my car stereo aux jack since the 1.3.x update. Is this still working for you?
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    I haven't been able to make calls through my car stereo aux jack since the 1.3.x update. Is this still working for you?
    Yes, just choose wired headset in the icon at the bottom of the phone app during the call. I usually use bluetooth, but wired headset will have the sound go through car speakers, but too loud of a volume will have the callers voice go back through the mic and feedback will occur. Does this help?
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Yes, just choose wired headset in the icon at the bottom of the phone app during the call. I usually use bluetooth, but wired headset will have the sound go through car speakers, but too loud of a volume will have the callers voice go back through the mic and feedback will occur. Does this help?
    I will try it out. Thanks.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I just ordered the retractable stereo cable. Nice idea. $1.68 shipped from HK. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370307719762

How did you route the power cable? Do you have any pics that show your power wiring. I like the idea of adding a second lighter jack behind the dash and wired to the fuse box. Since I have a similar Civic any help that you can provide is going to make my job easier.

I am going to try my Proclips mount 1st because it will put the Pre higher up on my dash. My Proclip mount sits right above the AC vent. I will try your positioning too.
    Last edited by swieder; 01/13/2010 at 01:54 PM.
    Tried looking thru search for the 1.2 amp mod, nothing. Can you give the details about that mod. What charger and where to get it, directions on the mod itself. Thanks!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mbsprinter View Post
    Tried looking thru search for the 1.2 amp mod, nothing. Can you give the details about that mod. What charger and where to get it, directions on the mod itself. Thanks!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...olved-car.html

Go there for the link and details about the 12-5vDC converter I am using. Remember, if all else fails, just buy the palm 1000mA car charger and if there is no way of opening it up, just splice your cable to jumper the pin 2 and 3 cables together for the exact same effect. I am an electrical engineer, and that by no means makes a difference here, but having some electrical background will help. If you do not, ask for help from someone who you know to help.

Now, for the power to the fuse box, I first went to radio shack and bought a female cig lighter plug with the 2 wires coming out the back. I wired the Red one to an unused fuse location in my civic that turns on when the key is turned twice in my car. I tried to find a spare location that ran 12v when the key turned once, and couldn't find one successfully. No big deal really.
    You also need to know which side of the fuse location runs constant 12v so you put your red + wire to the other pin, so if there is a short, it will blow the fuse that you need to put in. Fuse ratings are achieved by multiplying 125% the constant amperage. In our case, the it's very little amperage, so I just used a 10amp spare fuse to put into the fuse location. I will try to take more pics of what it looks like underneath my kick panel.

The black wire on the cig lighter plug just went to chassis ground where I unscrewed a bolt that was in direct contact with the chassis, and used the ring terminal on the wire and put it on the bolt and tightened down.

I used a multimeter also for this job so I could confirm when 12v was flowing especially in the spare fuse location.
  16.    #16  
    Oh, and monoprice.com has all the cables you could need. I got my retractable 3.5mm cable from there as well as aprrox 6 Standard USB to Micro USB cables. All for about $10!!
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I have recently bought a female cigarette lighter plug with pos and neg wires that I ran to the fuse box and chassis ground.
    Where did you buy the cig plug with 2 wires? All the ones that I see have 1 wire with the case being the ground.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Where did you buy the cig plug with 2 wires? All the ones that I see have 1 wire with the case being the ground.
    #15 Post says I got it from Radio Shack. Sorry, not being a ****, I just wrote a lot and I'm at work where I really can't use the internet. Radio Shack has it for about $7.