Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In addition to the simple hassle free charging everyone else has mentioned, I'd also like to point out that I love how picking up the Pre off the TS automatically answers a call. I leave the Pre sitting on the TS on my desk all day, and if the phone rings, I just pick it up and put it to my ear. No need to press anything. That's pretty cool.

Or, if I tap the answer button while the Pre is still on the TS, the phone is answered with speakerphone already enabled, which is another neat trick.

It's quite a nifty device.

And as for taking up space, I have no idea what that's supposed to even mean. I have the power cord for the TS snaked behind/through my desk, with all the other cords. It's almost completely out of sight. With a regular wall charger, I would not have been able to run the cord so cleanly, because I would need to leave a useful length of cable lying on the desk, waiting for the phone to be plugged. Waiting, while I fiddled with damn door.

I swear, they made that door annoying to open just to push TS sales.

Nevertheless, I'm glad I own the TS, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Oh, and one more thing, in regards to the previously mentioned "drunken nights". I'm not proud of this, but it's on topic, so here goes: The other night, I came home absolutely hammered. My girlfriend helped me into bed, which included taking off my jeans and tucking me in. She then removed the Pre from my jeans, and placed it on the TS, so it was freshly charged in the morning. She's wonderful, isn't she? :-D Anyway, point is, can you imagine a non-Pre-owner trying to plug a Pre in? Never would've happened.
    Not sure if I'm the first to notice this, but with the supplied leather cover, you can just set the phone down on the touchstone while it is in the cover, and it charges at the same rate as it does without it. Magic? Nope, it's just that magnetic induction works through leather...
    Heh, this thread sucks.

"What's the big deal about the touchstone? I think it sucks, you have to have it plugged in, such a waste. "

And then we get multiple reasons why it owns..

Look, to all of you who don't want to use a touchstone, or can't afford a touch stone (tech e-peen envy) that's fine. Go without it.

But for the love of god, don't come on here, ask why people use something, get GREAT answers, and then give them the equivalent of a forum "up yours."
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mclldavidson View Post
    OK I can see that but for me, a wall charger is enough
    ...Congratulations?
  5.    #25  
    Wow some people get their panties wadded up way too easy
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    I love just dropping my phone onto it at night, and not fidgeting with the usb port on the side.. It's not worth the cost, but it's very nice.
    I have two touchstones. One for the car. One for the desk. My Pre hasn't powered off in months due to a low battery.
    Someone said panties!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    ... don't come on here, ask why people use something, get GREAT answers, and then give them the equivalent of ...
    I'm not the OP, but I've been wondering about the TouchStone myself. (Too lazy I guess to ask the salesperson at BestBuy as they flash by.)

Anyway, for me, the responses clarified things -- thanks!
    Try plugging in the micro USB charger in the middle of the night in the dark because your wife is asleep already. Not easy to do. The TS makes it easy to start charging even if you can't see *****.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I think the TouchStone is great.
    Didn't get one until a month ago, now, can't imagine having a Pre without a TS.
    Especially in the car.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The TS has it's advantages over the wall charger, there should be no dispute there. The only dispute is whether or not the TS is worth it for the price ($40-$50). This is personal decision, so some will say yes and others will say no. If you are happy with just using the wall charger, then great. This is why the TS is an optional accessory and IMO a great one at that.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Seriously the TS is great... I'm not going to lie I first bought it mainly just for the wow factor... It was a neat toy that nobody else that I knew had... I felt like I was living in the not too distant future and I would find myself cursing all my other gadgets that could not be so awesome.

However after using it for a while I can't imagine using a phone without it. I have always hated fiddiling with little charging cables and port covers and all that fiddly crap especially when the charging cables get dropped behind my bed or desk or where ever else Murphy's law would dertimine would be the most inconvient place to atempt to retrieve it from. But now with the TS it is always right there where I stick it and I'll sooner rip the varnish off of my night stand than accidently knock the TS off of it.
    And some people here ask questions to which they don't want an answer.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I think the USB door was designed very intuitively. Like the OP, I love fiddling with mine. It's like a brain teaser puzzle to solve every couple of hours.
  17.    #37  
    I posted this thread for answers, and I got them..not sure what you are talking about
    I'd like to see something similar to the TS, but specifically designed for car use. The current TS is a great piece of tech, but there's no good place in my car to stick it. I'd rather something which was intended all along to go in a cupholder, or elsewhere.
    well i was bout to get one. but got the seidio 2600 mAh battery instead. ( 20 bucks cheaper ) and now i dont have to worry bout my battery running down.lol to bad they dont make a ts comp door.. but either way im happy..
    I posted this thread for answers, and I got them..not sure what you are talking about
    Time it takes to start charging on the TS = less than a second.

Time is takes to start charging using the micro usb door = 15-20 seconds at least?

That alone makes it worthwhile. Also, when you are able to charge your phone that quickly you will find yourself setting your Pre on the TS if one is around, just by habit. It is so easy a caveman could do it.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast