1.    #1  
    Just wanted to post that I just installed this in my car, and it works really well with the pre. I can now stream shoutcast using radio hibiki while driving. Without connecting any wires. Sweet!

The only annoying thing is that when the phone connects, the head unit will always move to the bluetooth source, even if you are listening to the radio or a cd or something. That irritation aside, this unit works a lot better than the kenwood with the kca-bt100 that it replaced. All of the following work flawlessly with the phone: hands free, phone book transfer, and stereo music.
    Thanks for the update. My CX609 is on the way. I'll post my results as well.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkoCommie View Post
    Thanks for the update. My CX609 is on the way. I'll post my results as well.
    Heh, funny you should post later. I did love the unit, but I exchanged it for a Pioneer because of the sound quality. I may have had a defective unit, however. I think it blew my tweeters :-(. I assumed it was just that model's sound in general, as the 2nd one (liked it enough to give it a second chance) sounded the same, but it turns out the pioneer has the same issues too, leading me to believe I had a bad first cx609. So... hopefully things work out well for you!

That said, I do like the pioneer's handling of bluetooth a little better than the clarion. MP3 searching on mass storage, however, sucks as it did on my kenwood. The clarion wins there. The pioneer lets you decouple the A2DP from the hands free profile, but the clarion does not.
    Please post your experiences HERE for both units. I would like to keep the thread open and up top to help other people make decisions
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    Please post your experiences HERE for both units. I would like to keep the thread open and up top to help other people make decisions
    Cool, thanks. Will do. Judging from the username, a fellow subie owner? '04 WRX Wagon here. Came very close to buying the '09 STI, but I camp too much and can only afford to keep one car. I don't think the lowered STI can handle the load.

Ken Block Subie p0rn: