1.    #1  
    I just wanted to say that I recently purchased the Parrot Minikit Chic (which is the girly version of the Minikit Slim - same device, just with a pretty modern flower design on the speaker) and it works really well.

It has voice dialing built in without you having to train the device to your voice (though if it has a hard time recognizing what you are saying for some contacts, you can set up a voice tag for it) and you can use several ways of saying it, including a real sentence like, "Call Bob Jones at home" (well, that is, if you really know a Bob Jones...).

You can hear calls clearly and well and they can hear you clearly and well - a person I called thought I was talking with the phone up to my head and was impressed it was a hands-free car kit.

The phone book (up to 2,000 contacts per phone) automatically syncs to the Minikit from the Pre upon pairing each time they pair up and you can also manually sync the contacts after pairing.

If you need to enter numbers during a call (i.e. to leave a voicemail for a certain box or if you're listening to your own voicemail calls), you push the center button and choose the number you want with the turning wheel that surrounds the button (like a mini version of the i-Drive in BMWs) - you can spin it fast to make it skip through numbers without announcing them (same for your contacts list/alphabet for contacts list if you choose contacts manually instead of by voice) for quicker access.

The "lady inside" it has a British accent, but it is pretty pleasing when she's not saying names all wrong ("Uh, WHO did she just say?!").

I really like it and recommend it!
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    any issues when u return to the car and have it "reconect" with the pre. also what happens if u have a regular headset still connected when u get back in the car
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  3.    #3  
    I haven't had any issues with it reconnecting beyond sometimes not knowing how far along the reconnecting is (Pre sending contacts to the device). I haven't been on the phone while getting in the car/turning on the device (I keep it off when I'm not in the car to save on battery, since I'm not in the car much). I haven't had another headset connected to the Pre when getting in the car with the Parrot on, so I don't know what would happen, sorry.

I forgot to mention - it hooks up via USB to the computer so you can flash the firmware on it. When I got it, there was a firmware online that was newer, so I downloaded Parrot's program to flash the firmware, hooked up the device, and flashed the firmware. This adds good features. I also signed up to be notified when a new firmware comes out.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Well i picked one up as a test. It does work well BUT the speaker is a bit scratchy and maybe a tad tinny. Voice command is decent but i cant hear incoming caller id announcements over the car radio thus im returning it to rat shack.

im picking up a Parrot MKi9100 which should solve my not loud enough issue. Plus i get all the other stuf it provides. ( voice activated initiate call / end call etc )

P.S. if u reenter the car with a headset connected to the Pre the parrot will not connect till i disable the headset.then the minikit would kick in within 5min.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
  5.    #5  
    I found the speaker to be perfect with mine, so that's too bad about the one you got. I just have to remember to turn my car's CD player off before making a call, as I keep almost forgetting to do that! The person who picks up would be pretty confused!

I don't use my Bluetooth headset much, so that doesn't bother me.
    I don't use my Bluetooth
    I used to use this kit with my Blackberry Storm (which I gladly changed for a Pre) but now, although the device pairs with my pre I am unable to make calls. My contacts are downloaded but when I instruct the unit to call a contact it attempts to dial but then just beeps. I thought it might not be compatible with the way contacts are stored on the pre, but as I see many of you are using this parrot without any problems IŽd be grateful if anyone could suggest why it may not be working.

Many thanks in advance.
  8.    #8  
    NMawer, do you have the latest firmware on your Parrot? It is easy to flash the firmware to update it if you need to. Mine came new in box with the second-to-last firmware installed, so I had to update it out of the box. In the new one, you can add your own audio tags to contacts - if you can't do that with your Parrot Minikit Slim/Chic, you have an old firmware.

Jaco - then don't post in the Bluetooth forum! Duh.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    The following is a review of the Slim that I had posted on the Pre|Central Store:

I have had this speakerphone for about 2 months now. I no longer use a headset in the car. Most people can't tell I'm in the car during a phone call, and I hear them loud and clear, no distortion. Sound quality was imperative in my decision to purchase a speakerphone, I am not regretting my decision. Equally imperative was the voice-dialing capabilities of the device since I own a Palm Pre. It actually works most of the time. Not up to par with sound quality, but not bad at all that being said, the Parrot does support voice-tags! So it's a non-issue. It synchronizes the phone book with my Palm Pre which is an added bonus that helps with the voice-dialing.

It does not have an FM transmitter. I use my Pre as my MP3 player, but since my car has an auxiliary audio input jack (which I would prefer to have over FM), it's not an issue for me.
    Back to the radio issue. Does it work with the radio on? I mean, does it get confused by the radio - thinking someone is talking to it? Is there volume control for Ms. UK? Thanks.

Other issue - I guess you turn it on when you get in the car, and turn it off when you leave? (Sorry, never had one of these things in a car before - only a radar detector!)

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  11.    #11  
    It doesn't get confused with music playing/GPS voice, as you push a button on the Parrot (which attaches to your visor or anywhere else you want it - I keep mine on my visor) before speaking the name of the person to dial.

Yes, there is an on/off button on the Parrot and I turn it off when I leave my car to save the Parrot's battery, which I must say lasts a very long time when not used much (battery doesn't drain badly when the thing is just sitting there, off most of the time for months). I haven't charged it again yet! (I don't use my car all that much right now.)

And, yes, there is a volume control dial in the middle.
    Thanks for the response. I just read that you can't update the software if you have a 64-bit system, like I have - Windows 7. Anybody know anything about this?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  13.    #13  
    I don't know about that, sorry. I have XP. Contact Parrot to find out, I guess!
    I have. Thanks! Waiting for their response.

I got the device today, and now I'm trying to synch my phone book. I'm at 3 hours now. Is this normal? I can't have more than 200 contacts, probably a lot less than that. Has something gone wrong? Thanks!

16.    #16  
    LOL, yes, that is way too long! It syncs within a few seconds every time the device connects to the phone. Then it gives a little double-beep to tell you that it was successful. I cannot imagine it is trying for more than a few minutes without telling you it was unsuccessful. I think one time for some reason something messed up and the synch wasn't successful, so it gave me a message and I tried again (you can manually send the contacts from the Contacts app in the phone) and it was fine.

What are you doing and what is going on when you do it?

Did you make sure that your device has the latest firmware, too? By now they're likely shipping with it, but when I got it, I had to hook it up to my computer to flash the firmware onto the car kit.
  17.    #17  
    LOL, yes, that is way too long! It syncs within a few seconds every time the device connects to the phone. Then it gives a little double-beep to tell you that it was successful. I cannot imagine it is trying for more than a few minutes without telling you it was unsuccessful. I think one time for some reason something messed up and the synch wasn't successful, so it gave me a message and I tried again (you can manually send the contacts from the Contacts app in the phone) and it was fine.

What are you doing and what is going on when you do it?

Did you make sure that your device has the latest firmware, too? By now they're likely shipping with it, but when I got it, I had to hook it up to my computer to flash the firmware onto the car kit.
    I think I finally got it. Did a reset the next day and started over. Had to record voice tags for everything because it couldn't understand the harder words, like "home." Could never get it to download the update - there is one - and I used my husband's XP computer. BTW, the instructions that come with this thing are for s#*t, IMHO. Thanks for your help!

19.    #19  
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I didn't have any issues with the instructions or downloading the update. The update is a good one, so you'll want to get that on there.

I hope you get things figured out!