1.    #1  
    Hi folks. I have some Motorokr HDs but sometimes they just get too uncomfortable to wear for a long time. Ear buds are very comfy for me and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are ear buds that I can use with my Pre to control Pandora or Accuradio etc. I really only need it to control the pause/play function but volume up/down would be a plus.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    Hi folks. I have some Motorokr HDs but sometimes they just get too uncomfortable to wear for a long time. Ear buds are very comfy for me and I was wondering if anyone knows if there are ear buds that I can use with my Pre to control Pandora or Accuradio etc. I really only need it to control the pause/play function but volume up/down would be a plus.

Thanks.

try using the ones that came with it!

look at number 16
    here
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-features.html

i copied it,
    The included headphones can be used to control music. Pressing the button (located on the mic) once will pause the music you're listening to, 3 times will skip to the next song, and I assume you can also answer incoming calls like this.

but the link also contains other gems you may not know about.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The ones in the box to what you need.

Now, if you want volume control and ff/rw controll, that's not quite as simple, but maybe somebody will have a suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post

look at number 16
    here
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-features.html

i copied it,
    The included headphones can be used to control music. Pressing the button (located on the mic) once will pause the music you're listening to, 3 times will skip to the next song, and I assume you can also answer incoming calls like this.

but the link also contains other gems you may not know about.
    A quick double-press advances the track. A single press pauses or resumes the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    A quick double-press advances the track. A single press pauses or resumes the music.

thanks for the correction, I copied that from the sticky so I'll ask that he sticky be corrected.
    There are four lights.
  6.    #6  
    IMO the type of headphones that come with the pre don't work very well. They don't stay in my ears very good.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    so there's no volume control? that's ridiculous, i sort of assumed if it could pause, it could also do volume...
    Quote Originally Posted by rajun asian View Post
    IMO the type of headphones that come with the pre don't work very well. They don't stay in my ears very good.
    Pretty much any iPhone stereo headset will work. Note that I don't mean the newer iPhone 3GS headsets that have the volume buttons and track advance buttons, but the iPhone headsets with a single button.

I've personally got the Etymotic hf2 headset and it works great. It's a little more high-end, but I love it.