1.    #1  
    I recently applied the Phantom Skinz screen protector for the Pre; the process itself was pretty straightforward and the application looked better as time wore on. Strangely, 2 days later I noticed a bright streak across the screen; Wondering if it were a pixel problem, I ran the test screen website. That was not the case. My next suspicion was if the screen had a linear crack (no, I had never dropped it). When I removed the otherwise good looking screen protector, there was no problem with Pre screen itself. Wish I had known it was some sort of aberration in the screen protector, I would not have removed it. Thought I would share this in case someone else was planning the same route.
    Quote Originally Posted by apron View Post
    I recently applied the Phantom Skinz screen protector for the Pre; the process itself was pretty straightforward and the application looked better as time wore on. Strangely, 2 days later I noticed a bright streak across the screen; Wondering if it were a pixel problem, I ran the test screen website. That was not the case. My next suspicion was if the screen had a linear crack (no, I had never dropped it). When I removed the otherwise good looking screen protector, there was no problem with Pre screen itself. Wish I had known it was some sort of aberration in the screen protector, I would not have removed it. Thought I would share this in case someone else was planning the same route.
    Mine too!

I know it is in the skin and it is only noticeable sometimes so I am willing to live w/ it!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

It's a minor optical flaw in the skin. Could be due to stretch or a defect in the material. It's causing light to refract, giving the illusion of a crack, but it's nothing to worry about.

Good news is if it really bothers you, all you need to do is request a free replacement skin. Most of the Phantom Skinz I've seen suffer from this kind of optical effect, but usually it's not very noticeable. Using more soapy water while applying the skin might help keep them to a minimum.