1.    #1  
    The Powermat currently sold at Amazon, Target and Best Buy is $100 plus about $30 for cases/backs for the devices you want to charge (iphone, ipod, blackberry, nintendo ds) but if you and your wife/kids all have different phones this could eventually come to less than the roughly $70 for a touchstone, touchstone back and wall plug. Multiple devices 1 system is a plus. I'd rather use the palm made device but never did because of the price. If this catches on and competition starts up prices could drop on all inductive charging systems, touchstone or otherwise. What are peoples thoughts? (first thread by the way so don't hate on me for bringing news)
    Until Powermat offers a dedicated charging case for the Pre, why would it. This is hardly more convenient. In fact, they don't offer a true leave on case/charger for any of the phones in our house.
    power mat site/us/receivers/universal-powercube-receiver.html

Stupid min post rule....
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I don't think it will affect TS pricing. Palm's TS system is much more simple and basically built into the phone.
    Those Powermat backs are ugly IMO and bulky.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    FYI.... it adds the charging unit on the outside of the phone, so if you have belt clips its useless.
    I tried it out and it has more negatives (price, look, weight etc) then positives and had to return it and bought myself a Touchstone and LOVE IT!!!! Now i need one for the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    bought myself a Touchstone and LOVE IT!!!! Now i need one for the car.
    +1
    and +1 on for the car
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Seeing this mat show up on the PreCentral store, I wonder if the Powermat would work with a Palm Touchstone back?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    Seeing this mat show up on the PreCentral store, I wonder if the Powermat would work with a Palm Touchstone back?
    I've been wondering the same thing. If you use a Pre TS back cover and throw it on the Powermat, will it charge? I'm considering picking one up from Walmart just to see and I can get a no hassle return if it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by damarble View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing. If you use a Pre TS back cover and throw it on the Powermat, will it charge? I'm considering picking one up from Walmart just to see and I can get a no hassle return if it doesn't work.
    Ohhhhh ho ho ho! *somebody's* gotta try this out!! Who's got one? Anyone here an iPod fanatic??

Why don't they come out with a Powermat case back for the PRE?
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I wonder if you can hook up one of the powermat cubes to a touchstone, and then charge the Pre on the touchstone. Now you have double wireless charging.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGP View Post
    I've been wondering the same thing, but googling for it only comes back with retail store results.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I tried this on a demo Powermat set up at a Best Buy store...didn't work.
    I think it would ONLY work if they used the same frequency as the Touchstone back cover... I bet they DONT on purpose.
    So I have a powermat at home. My hubby has an iphone for work, a HTC personal.. I have a palm pre and my daughter has a samsung something. If you buy the powercube we can pretty much hook all the phone up to the powermat at once. His iphone directly on it, my palm with the cube adaptor that came with the bundle, my daugher's samung with the adaptor, and his HTC with the USB port it has in the back. And when we are not using it my 8 yr old charges her DSI. So around my house I no longer have to keep looking for powercords. It's well worth the $100 bucks. No complaints here.