1.    #1  
    I purchased a touchstone charger about a month ago. I love it. No problems. Very handy. I don't want to buy the 2600 battery because it doesn't go with the touchstone charger and it's $65. I'd rather buy diapers for my 3mo old.
    I hate how I have no battery life. I don't consider myself a heavy user, but I feel as though I am limited on when I can use my Pre. So now I'm about to break down and pay someone off for the extended 2600 battery. I told a buddy of mine if I do this I'll sell him by TS charger. I do not want to do this, but what other choice do I have? It makes total sense to me to get the extended battery and live without the TS. Then I don't have to worry about my Pre dying on me.
    Does anyone know for a fact that there's going to be a back that is compatable with the 2600 and the TS?
    While I can't answer your question about the 2600, I can tell you that I am a heaving phone user (talking mostly, but still web crawling and other things) and I have a TS that I put my phone on every night and I have a USB power adapter that I keep in my vehicle at all times.

I have only ever been caught once when the phone died, and believe it or not it was at the Bell/Palm Pre launch here in Toronto a month and a half ago. Mid way through the night, my phone gave me the 20% warning, then the 10% and then the 5% warning and nobody from Palm or Bell had a spare charger or a TS that I could use for a few minutes to save my phone from dying.

Luckily the party was ending soon enough for me anyway and I left and plugged my phone into it's USB carger on my drive home.

So I don't know if I would spend the money on an extra battery unless I wasn't near an AC adapter.

I guess only you can figure out what your days are like.

Although I guessing that your wife would rather see you spend the money on diapers??
    well u can get the seidio 2600 mah battery for 49 bucks on amazon..( just ordered it yesterday ) and sell your ts..and come out almost even..me i went with the battery only cause i dont like being tied to a charger..and im not around a charger for 8 hours a day.. so the ext batt made sense for me..
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your input guys. After I posted this last night I kept reading the forums. Now I'm reading about the Mugen 1400 battery? Is that worth it for $31? Would the 2600 be overkill? I work 12hrs a day and don't really ever get the chance to charge my phone (I sell cars at a Honda dealership). I'm always on the move, but catch myself getting under 20% around 6pm and I'm here till 8pm. During those two hours it's slow and I find myself using the phone a lot more and I end up shutting my Pre off because I don't want it to die completely. And yet I don't want to plug it in (sticky fingers).
    Again, I don't want to get rid of my TS. From what I've read the Mugen 1400 is compatible with the TS back. Correct?
    Thanks again in advance for any info!
    yes any battery that is a direct replacement for the original battery will work with the touchstone..the 1400 mAh mugen will give u prolly bout 20% more juice.. where as the 2600 mAh will double your batt life.