Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone have any experience with or any comments on this battery? I trust Seidio so I'm still leaning heavily toward purchasing their 2600mAh, plus it has the rubberised back while this one looks like it has a glossy one. Anyone?

Battery for Palm Pre, Palm Treo Pre (2250mAh, Extended) - eBay (item 370265798570 end time Oct-25-09 19:35:27 PDT)

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I bought one (same seller, diff auction) and should have it before the week is out. I'll post when I get it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfilio View Post
    I bought one (same seller, diff auction) and should have it before the week is out. I'll post when I get it.
    Thanks for the info! I'll admit I didn't research it too heavily, but does it say how much thickness it adds to the phone? I know the Seidio 2600 one adds about 4mm. I wonder how this compares. It might be a good compromise between thickness, and battery life.

/Kevin
    from what i have read about it it works just fine so you should be ok.
    I bought one of these a few weeks ago, and it seems to be working well, but it has a few problems. The pre does seem to run warmer with it in (which is palm's official reason for not recommending non approved batteries), but the battery now lasts just about all day. On the con side, the back cover is a bit lacking. It covers up parts of the camera so the corners of the shot are cut out, and the flash becomes useless. Also, the cover will fall off the phone if it is dropped. The glossy back feels almost identical to the stock backing material-wise. The cover itself is thicker though, measuring just about a half inch total. I've never used a touchstone back, so I can't comment on it.

Still, for 20 bucks, I doubt anyone was expecting anything great. The battery life is obviously much better than stock pre though, and i'm glad I purchased it. No problems yet after a few weeks of use.

Edit: An update on this battery. The battery just about instantly dies as soon as the phone hits 10%. I suspect the reason for this is a chip inside of the battery that disables it so it cannot discharge below the threshold for lithium ion batteries. I have not directly measured the battery life, but i suspect competitors have superior results. Still, you get what you pay for, and this is no exception. I still am glad I purchased it.
    Last edited by Ebonyks; 10/22/2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: updated info
    Its charging now so i will update when i test it for a couple days. I can see the charge will take some time. I can tell you right now it does mess with ur photos a bit,,but i kind of like the look it gives off.
    So are you still happy with your purchase? This battery is so cheap compared to the other extended batteries, if it works (even if just ok) it seems like a great buy?

Thanks
    I just bought one and received it today. It made the Pre a lot thicker. .9" I am charging it now. I'll give an update on the performance after a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by redboy33 View Post
    So are you still happy with your purchase? This battery is so cheap compared to the other extended batteries, if it works (even if just ok) it seems like a great buy?

Thanks
    I'm happy. It messes up the camera (the flash is un-usable and it cuts out the corners of photos) and the battery % readout on the battery is nowhere near accurate, but it adds about three to four hours to the life of my pre. It's a cheap solution, but a battery that lasts most of the day is worth the inconvience of taking off the back to take photos.
    def. Worth a purchase...I've drained it once all the way def. Get about 41/2 hrz extra out of it. I found something that works well for me with the pictures..if its takin blurry flash pics..take the back off...put it bck on and you should get a better one...as far as it goes with the edges bein taken out..what I do is review the pic I took zoom in just a tad and take a screenshot...takes away the issue on the edges.
    I meant to put 4 1/2 hrs.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Mine came in the mail today - it's charging up now so I'll post back on it in a day or 2.
    If your looking for a powerhouse battery for your Pre, try this one:3800mAh MUGEN EXTENDED BATTERY FOR SPRINT PALM PRE. I got mine on ebay and it works great. You can google it for more info.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    2250 charged. 12:15 am. I'll go through my routine and see how it works. One thing I notice immediately - much easier to type.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    9 hours later.. a little browsing (here mainly), had 12 cards open including email (2 accts refresh @ 15m), signed in to gtalk, listened to about 3 hours of music (fell asleep about 40min in heh) - battery at 80%.

Staying in Gtalk is a huge battery drain and w/ the old battery I'd be around 50% by this point.
    I ordered one last week, still waiting... I've never been burned on Ebay. Hope this isn't the first time. If I'm using the web browser my battery is gone in 2-3 hours.. I hope this battery helps out..

It took 3 weeks but I got my battery. Well worth the $$$, see my follow up post.
    Last edited by redboy33; 11/12/2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool WC View Post
    If your looking for a powerhouse battery for your Pre, try this one:3800mAh MUGEN EXTENDED BATTERY FOR SPRINT PALM PRE. I got mine on ebay and it works great. You can google it for more info.
    I have to admit I'm tempted to pick up a 3800, I have a 2600 now and honestly I've yet to run into a situation where I've killed the battery early yet but I'm also a pretty heavy power user and could really run this phone full force with that extra juice. On my current 2600. I get around 8-9 hours of full-on usage (not counting navigation) and just over two days easily on minimal usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    I have to admit I'm tempted to pick up a 3800, I have a 2600 now and honestly I've yet to run into a situation where I've killed the battery early yet but I'm also a pretty heavy power user and could really run this phone full force with that extra juice. On my current 2600. I get around 8-9 hours of full-on usage (not counting navigation) and just over two days easily on minimal usage.
    Get this battery and you won't be disappointed, especially if you're a serious power user!!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    24 hours later battery is at 47%. Passes my test!
    just jumped on this- thanks to all for the feedback
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast