Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 59
  1. bonfilio's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #21  
    Dremeled the camera and flash holes to make the camera usable again. Sanded the back down to a matte/textured finish. Still a bit rough and I need to clean it up a bit more (steel woll ftw!)...




    Have to fix the bottom right of the flash a little, but otherwise the thicker cover is working properly for pics.

  2. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfilio View Post
    Dremeled the camera and flash holes to make the camera usable again. Sanded the back down to a matte/textured finish. Still a bit rough and I need to clean it up a bit more (steel woll ftw!)...




    Have to fix the bottom right of the flash a little, but otherwise the thicker cover is working properly for pics.

    Many thanks,
    I was thinking of doing the camera hole.
    Can you post pictures of it? and a bit more description ?
    I emailed the guys back in Hongkong about the camera thing
  3. #23  
    emailed the guy, he said i was the first to complain on this issue...lol i found that to be a lie, i mean it has to be right.....anyhow he said he would talk to the manufacturer...we will see.
  4. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    emailed the guy, he said i was the first to complain on this issue...lol i found that to be a lie, i mean it has to be right.....anyhow he said he would talk to the manufacturer...we will see.
    Nope,
    I complained to him about a month back,
    I even took photos to show the difference.
  5. bonfilio's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #25  
    My finished mod. Works and looks great!

    Basically, I just dremeled down the 'stairsteps' in the 2250 so they would be smooth. Then I rounded out the lip around the whole thing. Took a couple test pics to see what additional corrections needed to be made and ground it down to suit.

    Also sanded down the rest of the backing and refinished w/ PlastiDip (textured back, i prefer grip over gloss).

  6. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfilio View Post
    My finished mod. Works and looks great!

    Basically, I just dremeled down the 'stairsteps' in the 2250 so they would be smooth. Then I rounded out the lip around the whole thing. Took a couple test pics to see what additional corrections needed to be made and ground it down to suit.

    Also sanded down the rest of the backing and refinished w/ PlastiDip (textured back, i prefer grip over gloss).

    photos please ?
  7. bonfilio's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #27  
    Assuming you mean a photo taken w/ the new back on - w/ flash. (pic taken yesterday) If anyone else picks up one of these batteries, it's a dead simple mod to do (even if you aren't a fellow DIY'r).

  8. #28  
    great job- i just ordered one of these - so just how easy is it for a really non handy person - i don't even know what 'dremeled' is!

    can i trouble you to tell me exactly what tool you used and what you used to sand down the entire back? or do you take mail-in business??!
  9. #29  
    so i sent a email back to the company i bought it from about the camera issue...one email later this is the response i get:


    Yes, as we get an alternate cover we will send you a replacement. Just a quick question, please refer to the image link and confirm that your cover has the 2 holes or is different?

    http://cameronsino.net/Products/PDA/CS-TR900XL-big.jpg

    Thanks

    - av-battery


    Im hoping since the response was quite fast that i will indeed get that replacement.
  10. #30  
    Got it last night. I took it off the charger @ 8pm Est. Here it is almost 24 hrs later and I'm at 33%. I used GPS to and from work. Checked email, surfed the web, sms. This battery is an awesome buy. I think I paid $20 with shipping.

    it does make the pre feel like a bar of soap.
    the camera pictures are obstructed.
    call quality is a little less clear?

    but with the larger back it's much easier to use the keyboard.

    come on. $20! you can't go wrong.

    note: It took about 3 weeks to receive my battery. It came from Hong Kong.
    Last edited by redboy33; 11/12/2009 at 01:22 PM.
  11. #31  
    I ordered one of these from an American ebay seller tonight, can't wait to try it
  12. #32  
    so is this battery worth it guys? i just found one for $22 with free shipping on ebay. it will also ship from the US. i just don't want to waste my $$.
  13. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    so is this battery worth it guys? i just found one for $22 with free shipping on ebay. it will also ship from the US. i just don't want to waste my $$.
    Sure, its the best battery out there for the price.
    I am getting a full day worth of it.
  14. #34  
    okay ill probably buy it then. one question are there any custom color phone covers for the extended battery? i looked and can't really find any.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Anyone have any experience with or any comments on this battery? I trust Seidio so I'm still leaning heavily toward purchasing their 2600mAh, plus it has the rubberised back while this one looks like it has a glossy one. Anyone?

    Battery for Palm Pre, Palm Treo Pre (2250mAh, Extended) - eBay (item 370265798570 end time Oct-25-09 19:35:27 PDT)


    /Kevin
    I've got this one and I love it. The logo is ugly (but it rubs off) and the flash is messed up (but I modded mine with the old back from my original battery). I highly recommend it, the phone feels much more solid and the battery life is ridiculous. I can stream Pandora pretty much all day and talk as much as I like with no worries.

    EDIT: For the mod, I just cut the ring around the flash/lens out of the back of the case of the original cover, superglued it to the back of the new back after sanding the recess down enough to compensate for the thickness of the ring, placed it properly so that it didn't cover up the flash or lens and then let it dry overnight. After it tried I took a dremel to it to flatten it a bit more and widen the hole for the lens (it was slightly off, causing a slight glare in one of the corners when I used the flash). I can post pictures of the result later if I have time.
    Motorola Razr -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Motorola Droid
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by lolthisismyname View Post
    I've got this one and I love it. The logo is ugly (but it rubs off) and the flash is messed up (but I modded mine with the old back from my original battery). I highly recommend it, the phone feels much more solid and the battery life is ridiculous. I can stream Pandora pretty much all day and talk as much as I like with no worries.
    do all of the extended covers cover up the camera? i mean do we have to mod them all?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by bonfilio View Post
    My finished mod. Works and looks great!

    Basically, I just dremeled down the 'stairsteps' in the 2250 so they would be smooth. Then I rounded out the lip around the whole thing. Took a couple test pics to see what additional corrections needed to be made and ground it down to suit.

    Also sanded down the rest of the backing and refinished w/ PlastiDip (textured back, i prefer grip over gloss).

    what kind of paint did you use for that? that looks really nice.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    do all of the extended covers cover up the camera? i mean do we have to mod them all?

    It's not that they cover up the lens (at least with the one I have, the 2600mah) but that they don't put anything between the flash and the lens. When the flash went off it caused the pictures to be all washed out. If you didn't use the flash the pictures were fine.
    Motorola Razr -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Motorola Droid
  19. #39  
    i just bought this battery yesterday off of ebay and it should be here this week! also picked up an extra usb cable + car charger.
  20. #40  
    Bought the same battery/cover from the USA seller;very pleased with both. However,it does block a small portion of the top corners when taking pictures.
    eBay My World - smavstore
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions