Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Now this is working for me so you will have to checkit out yourself to see if it works for you.

Like many I have had issues with BT connection between the Pre and numerous BT headsets. I did notice yesterday that while the phone was charging in the car, I didnt loose connection for about 3-4 hours with my Parrot carkit. Usually about 3 minutes after establishing connection and the phone goes into sleep mode, the connection gets dropped. I tried 3 to 4 times and the same thing happened. While charging I did not loose connection to the BT. As soon as I pulled the plug, within the 3-4 minutes I lost connection. Even with the Pre at 100% charged and unplugged, I still lost connection. I did notice the same thing when I Tether the phone, I loose connection with the computer. I dont know what it is about keeping the phone plugged in that makes the connection stay and how that affects the phone by keeping it charged while at 100% but it is working for me.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Makes no difference for my with my LiquidAux. I always have my phone plugged in and it still doesn't connect properly post-1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by m2iceman View Post
    Now this is working for me so you will have to checkit out yourself to see if it works for you.

Like many I have had issues with BT connection between the Pre and numerous BT headsets. I did notice yesterday that while the phone was charging in the car, I didnt loose connection for about 3-4 hours with my Parrot carkit. Usually about 3 minutes after establishing connection and the phone goes into sleep mode, the connection gets dropped. I tried 3 to 4 times and the same thing happened. While charging I did not loose connection to the BT. As soon as I pulled the plug, within the 3-4 minutes I lost connection. Even with the Pre at 100% charged and unplugged, I still lost connection. I did notice the same thing when I Tether the phone, I loose connection with the computer. I dont know what it is about keeping the phone plugged in that makes the connection stay and how that affects the phone by keeping it charged while at 100% but it is working for me.
    I've noticed the same thing using the Pre with my Sennheiser MM200s. Additionally, I wont lose the connection if the Pre's screen remains on, and it's not charging. That's a bummer because what this does to the battery life.
    I think Palm should be notified and they may fix this in their next software or firmware update.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCube View Post
    I think Palm should be notified and they may fix this in their next software or firmware update.

The BT issue and not being able to forward multimedia texts are big enough reasons for me to consider a Hero or something down the road. Im hoping Palm fixes the BT with the next update but Im not holding my breath. Love the Pre but BT is a big issue for me.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by m2iceman View Post
    The BT issue and not being able to forward multimedia texts are big enough reasons for me to consider a Hero or something down the road. Im hoping Palm fixes the BT with the next update but Im not holding my breath. Love the Pre but BT is a big issue for me.
    Same, I have another line on my account that's ready for an upgrade next month, if the BT issue isn't resolved, I'll be abandoning ship. It's that much of an issue. Hopefully it gets sorted out.
    Weird, I've had no issues with my Pre keeping the connection to any of my BT devices (Motorola T505 and HT820 and Alpine KCE-350BT), whether charging or not, or screen on or not. Running WebOS 1.21 with Bell 1.3 configuration...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Weird, I've had no issues with my Pre keeping the connection to any of my BT devices (Motorola T505 and HT820 and Alpine KCE-350BT), whether charging or not, or screen on or not. Running WebOS 1.21 with Bell 1.3 configuration...
    1.2.1 broke BT for some and fixed it for others. Hopefully with 1.3 everyone will be solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    1.2.1 broke BT for some and fixed it for others. Hopefully with 1.3 everyone will be solved.
    Well most of the GSM Palm Pre running the 1.13 webos have the problems. I heard 1.21 fixed most of the problems. May be 1.31 will fix all BT problems.
    I also have issues with bluetooth devices disconnecting. Particularly disconcerting is believing I am properly connected to my BT headset and finding, at the time of an incoming call, that it dropped.
    BT is still not working right for me. I have lost the connection to my S9-HD 2x... where the connection was not even listed on my phone.

My eclipse CD5030 still can't send phone book entries to it. And A2DP is hit or miss. So far phone seems to work eveytime though.
    I had same issue with all my BT devices. Found that if I just run the pair from my BT device to the phone (after initial pair with passkey) each time I turn it on, I get a solid connection with no loss. Old Palm Treo would just pick up my blueant if it was on and in range, but Pre has to be paired each time but at least it stays connected even on battery....hope it helps.