Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Before I start, yes, I have searched this forum for threads similar to mine. And I've read a ton of threads. But I'm still confused. I figured it would be easiest to just list what I want from a Hard Case and see what recommendations I get. I have an invisible skin on my Pre now, and I like it. But my mom dropped my Pre, and I now have a hole in the skin on the back of the phone. So I'm looking for something tougher.

Ok, here is what I want:

-Something that will not make it hard to slide the phone open and closed. I'm a weakling and use one hand to slide, enough said.

-Something that will not hinder the use of the touchscreen or the keyboard. I'd like to still be able to easily access the edges of the screen, and typing on the keyboard isn't the easiest thing to begin with.

-Something that can be used with a front skin. I don't like the idea of the screen being exposed cause this phone gets thrown in my purse all day with keys, etc.

-Possibly something that will allow the Pre to slide open and closed while charging with a cord. (This is negotiable, but highly desired.)

I don't have a touchstone, nor do I care that much about colors. Just what I put above.

Thank you so much to anyone who cares enough to read and respond to this. And to anyone who doesn't yell at me to "search the forums."
    What if this whole crusade's a charade? -Trent Reznor
    the case from seidio, I love it!
    I prefer the case from Boxwave. It "can" open while being plugged in to charge, but it's a lot easier to have it unplugged or leave the slider out while charging. It meets all the other criteria and it comes in a multitude of colors.
    the innocase from seidio works on the palmstone and you can plug in charge it too
    Get the hard case from sprint. That case will not clip to your phone. So you will be scratch free and it works with pretty much all skins. So if you want a hard shell case and a skin you can have the best of both worlds!
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Get the hard case from sprint. That case will not clip to your phone. So you will be scratch free and it works with pretty much all skins. So if you want a hard shell case and a skin you can have the best of both worlds!
    I love the Sprint case. It is not the prettiest nor the smallest, but it has good prtection. Plus, it works with touchstone. However, I don't think you can slide open with 1 hand though...
    Another recommendation for the case from Sprint. It's a bit bulky (and slippery) but it's solid and fits perfectly. The phone feels very solid with it on. I like a naked Pre better but I'm just not willing to take the chance.
    Any pics or link to the product?
    I second (or third, or fourth, or whatever) this option. I have this case, and while it is kinda ugly and bulky, it is definitely the most protective case out there. The built in slider mechanism really solidifies everything.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecp421 View Post
    the innocase from seidio works on the palmstone and you can plug in charge it too
    Link, please? Thanks for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Armchair Commando View Post
    I second (or third, or fourth, or whatever) this option. I have this case, and while it is kinda ugly and bulky, it is definitely the most protective case out there. The built in slider mechanism really solidifies everything.
    What is the "slider mechanism"? Does it help you open and close it? Thanks for responding.

Thank you to everyone for responding!!
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    I just looked at those Sprint cases on their website, and those things are really bulky looking. Hmm. I don't want to add that much width to my Pre.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I looked up the Seido Innocase. Is this it? Innocase Surface, Sapphire Blue

I like this much more, but I would also have to buy their front skin (it says in fine print that the case isn't compatible with other skins, including the one I have on there now). But I guess I'm willing to do that.
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I'm going to buy the Seidio Innocase online. Thanks for the responses. If I don't like this case, I'll let you guys know. Haha.
    the best case for urrr phoneee
    Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    Ok, I got my Seidio case, and I really love it! It feels really nice, the color is very pretty (a dark, almost multi-faceted sapphire blue), and I can still slide the Pre open and closed pretty easily. I have to close it a different way, cause I used to put pressure on the top half to close it, and that makes it not close. But I can open it when charging, etc. So I'm happy. And the screen protector they recommended is great. I got two just in case. It went on super easy, though.

Very happy.

Thank you to all who helped me out!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    For a screen protector I highly recommend the Phantomskinz front skin. It's invisible, has a great texture, and does a good job at keeping finger prints off.