1.    #1  
    hey i was looking for a 2800 or 2600 but found a 3800 for the same price.. + free shiping
    Enjoy..

Palm Pre Super Extended 3800mAh Lithium Ion Battery with Black Battery Door Palm Pre Super Extended 3800mAh Lithium Ion Battery with Black Battery Door
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Seidio's Innocell 2600mAh sells for $65 from their web site not $90.

Is the Mugen 3800 touchstone compatible? That was mostly the only negative thing about the 2600mAh from my experience with it (and for me it's not an issue anyway).

Any details on sizes of the 3800? how it and the back compares to the 2600? weight? Just curious to see if anyone knows the differences extensively a quick google didn't turn up much for me except referring to not being 'desktop chargers' compatible so I would assume that means no touchstone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by punzada View Post
    Is the Mugen 3800 touchstone compatible? That was mostly the only negative thing...
    The lack of a case once this battery is installed, I believe, is also a considerable negative.
    I hav both. Neither is TS compatible. The 3800 is about 1/4" larger. The Mugen case is piano black as the Pre is and has fewer holes for the speaker. The Seidio 2600 has a rubberized back. I have used both depending on my needs. Some people have a BIG problem with the size. I have big hands and came from a Blackberry 8703 so even with either of these batteries, the Pre is smaller than my old BB.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by w8aq View Post
    I hav both. Neither is TS compatible. The 3800 is about 1/4" larger. The Mugen case is piano black as the Pre is and has fewer holes for the speaker. The Seidio 2600 has a rubberized back. I have used both depending on my needs. Some people have a BIG problem with the size. I have big hands and came from a Blackberry 8703 so even with either of these batteries, the Pre is smaller than my old BB.
    is there a BIG difference in battery life from the 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by yaboymartell View Post
    is there a BIG difference in battery life from the 2?
    The 2600 will last around twice as long as the stock battery while the 3800 will last 3 times as long as the stock battery, from the tests I've seen.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I have the 3800 mAh battery and love it. Then again, I'm an extremely heavy user. Far more than typical. Some ppl don't like the fact that it makes the Pre an inch thick. *shrug* I"m used to that from my Treo 755p and hard case I had for it.

Btw, it's not that the battery has to be compatible with the touchstone. It's the back case replacement. So far, no one has made one that's touchstone compatible for the non-oem sized batteries. I don't see what the big deal is, just some wire and magnets, shouldn't be THAT hard to engineer.
    I got one of the Mugen 3800s on Ebay for $75 and it lasts a bunch longer. It does make the Pre chunky and heavy but I think it also makes it easier to hold and use. I hope there will be someone who makes a case (or even a pouch) for it. Just something to protect it from the inevitable (me dropping it on the garage floor as I exit my car).
    Mark W. Mebane
    markmebane@sbcglobal.net
    With shipping and everything, you guys go ahead with the 70$ ones..this will do
    Quote Originally Posted by dmac250 View Post
    With shipping and everything, you guys go ahead with the 70$ ones..this will do
    From looking at the reviews of the $22.50 ebay battery your talking about, why pay $22 for a battery that won't last me more than the stock?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tery-ebay.html
    i don't know how much you use your phone but with the stock battery i would take if off charge at 7am. On the ride into work, which is about a hour i listen to stuff on youtube..look at my facebook etc..anyways by the time i get to work im at 60-70% by 8am. Today i took it off charge at the same time,did my normal facebookin..checkin my ebay, pandora and youtube stuff...its now 10:24 am..im at 81%. I could never make it through a whole day on the stock battery, i will easily make it home, go to the gym listen to pandora while i work out and still have about 20-30% left on the battery. Well worth the price i paid...the camera issues are the only downfall..and for those ive even found fixes so i luv having the battery. So i don't know what reviews you took a look at but for me its definitely been worth the under 30$ price tag.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    when im talking 20-30% this is at the end of the night at home..and that varies...dependant on use throughout the day..could easily be at 50% at the end of the night in that case.
    I have two concerns/questions. One, are all of these extended batteries going to get hot or hotter than the stock Pre battery? I play Word Ace for about fifteen minutes and it seems like I could cook eggs on the sucker. Second, I saw the Ebay battery w/ double life for 15. I hate buying crap, but know so little about the phones and the batteries, I'm not sure whether to go cheap(which will most likely solve my battery issues), or go for the 3800(which "sounds" more credible) and drop a hundo. on a side note, if anyone can help my with the homebrew downloads, i would appreciate it.
    I've had both the 2800 & 3800 neither got hot like the stock battery. If you want to know about the 3800 check out the 3800 thread.
    Last edited by Voss; 11/16/2009 at 08:37 AM.