1. J0E
    So my pre has been giving me problems since I bought it and finally today the last straw. The touchscreen just stopped working completely. Anyway I am within my 30 days and heading over to best buy at lunch to get it replaced.

My question is for people who have had to get your phone replaced but had a skin protector (zaag, phantom, ect..) Did you peel off the screen protector before giving the phone back and mail it back for a replacement or just bite the bullet and buy a new one each time (i know a few people have had 3+ phones) My phantom skin came with 2 so I am covered on the new phone but if something goes wrong with the install I will be without one. Also it's nice to have a spare if it starts to peel up and I need to get a replacement.
    You don't want to reuse the old screen protector....if that's even possible? No need to remove it before sending it back. I never have anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by J0E View Post
    So my pre has been giving me problems since I bought it and finally today the last straw. The touchscreen just stopped working completely. Anyway I am within my 30 days and heading over to best buy at lunch to get it replaced.

My question is for people who have had to get your phone replaced but had a skin protector (zaag, phantom, ect..) Did you peel off the screen protector before giving the phone back and mail it back for a replacement or just bite the bullet and buy a new one each time (i know a few people have had 3+ phones) My phantom skin came with 2 so I am covered on the new phone but if something goes wrong with the install I will be without one. Also it's nice to have a spare if it starts to peel up and I need to get a replacement.

If you buy the Invisible Shield from ZAGG, they have a lifetime replacement warranty. It just costs you the price of shipping (like $3) to get a new one. They will charge your card for the full amount of a shield, but when you return the old one, they credit you back all but the ~$3. I just went through the process with a replacement Pre and just waiting for me credit to be applied. So, I was without a screen protector for a few days while I waited for Zagg to send me the new one, but good now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    If you buy the Invisible Shield from ZAGG, they have a lifetime replacement warranty. It just costs you the price of shipping (like $3) to get a new one. They will charge your card for the full amount of a shield, but when you return the old one, they credit you back all but the ~$3. I just went through the process with a replacement Pre and just waiting for me credit to be applied. So, I was without a screen protector for a few days while I waited for Zagg to send me the new one, but good now!
    What he said! :P

Plus make sure you save your old skin! It doesnt have to be in perfect shape! They just need it to make sure you had one!
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Wrapsol does not require you to send the old skin back.
  6. J0E
    yea same with phantom skinz with the lifetime warranty but I just looked at the website and it says to use a hair dryer to peel it off. I'm at work and going at lunch to get it replaced. I guess I can try peeling it off, anyone else have success peeling it off?
    Phantom peeled right off for me
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I too have peeled off the phantomskinz with no problem. I just bit the bullet and bought another set. It was 6.67 for a pair of front only's so not a big hit to the wallet.

about 3 bucks each for two more skins, not too bad