Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    You do lose the ability to use the Touchstone but this is coming from a guy with an extra Touchstone for travel and 2 Palm car chargers that are powerful enough to run the Touchstone and I'm thinking that I am trading in the ability to use the Touchstone for this case. Not sure how it even snaps on the phone in the way it does but once on there the phone feels a lot more solid and everything works. It's in two pieces and the slider works perfectly. Has protection where it needs it and it just feels expensive.

I don't work for Body Glove either. I was just impressed...

G..
    I also have the Bodyglove case for my Pre and love it. You lose the "sleek" look but it protects it very well. Only thing I need now is a windshield mount that works with this case and I am set.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Can you guys post pics? Stock photos didn't impress me that much, but it sounds like you are both sold...
    I also got the BodyGlove case after I bought a cheapo case off eBay. The eBay case's belt clip broke off after about two weeks. The BodyGlove in comparison feels very secure and sturdy. I took my Pre on a full day of rollercoaster fun and never once worried about my Pre flying out. Highly recommended.
    pics????
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    if possible i would like to see some better pics. i carry my phone in my pocket. does it allow for that, or does it have that "stud" on the back to clip it to the belt? ANY PICS WOULD BE HELPFUL. i was considering this case, but didn't want to purchase till i heard some feedback. thank you in advance
    Lovin' the Pre. Love It.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Here's pictures...

I bought a belt pouch to fit it in at Walmart called foneGear for about $10. The CaseLogic one that looks just like it they sell and I used to use won't fit any longer with the cover.

G..
    Last edited by Guvner; 10/14/2009 at 09:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    The touchstone is one of if not the best feature of the Pre, why would you give that up?
  9. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Where to buy?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Here's the phone with the BodyGlove on it inside the foneGEAR case I spoke of.

I just bought it last night. It looks like it needs to get used to the phone but after about an hour I bet it fits just fine. It's about 1/16 of an inch too big and that much will fit after being on the belt for an hour I'm sure...
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wslowik View Post
    The touchstone is one of if not the best feature of the Pre, why would you give that up?
    But I like the phone protected and it looses its slippery feel as well as the clunkiness of the slider with this cover on. I'm a serviceman and I use my stuff outside on rooftops, etc. so I want a phone that has a bit of protection. If I sat at a desk all day and never had the phone near anything bad I might not be as interested as I was in this. But on second thought, the times I chipped my old phone the most was dropping it out of my vehicle when I wasn't working. Just luck I guess...

Do what you want though. That's the beauty of being able to afford your mistakes. $100 deductible on a $149 phone. Not a very helpful insurance policy for sure. This thing protects it yet leaves the screen absolutely open.

G..
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Where to buy?
    The actual title for what I bought was the following:

BODY GLOVE ELEMENTS SNAP-ON CASE for SPRINT PALM PRE.
    Not sure what Elements even means.

Hope that helps...

G..
  13. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    But where did you buy it?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Does the case hinge in between the 2 sliding parts of the Pre, or does each part of the case just sit over each part of the Pre. The 1st case I bought just increased the oreo effect and putting it on and taking it off just seem to slowly loosen up and tear the phone apart. Basically I don't want any case that has tabs or anything like that going into the sliding mechanism of the phone. That didn't end well for me.

Oh and most importantly, where to buy??
    Is there anywhere to buy it besides online?
    Best Buy etc..?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I would never put an ugly case on the beautiful Palm Pre. I had a something-shield condom-like screen protector on there for a while but was so relieved to remove it. I have learned to live with the occasional scratch - I'd rather have a scratch or risk of damage than compromise the entire design and form factor of this elegant device.

I don't mean to offend (and there is nothing unusual about your case).
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    I would never put an ugly case on the beautiful Palm Pre. I had a something-shield condom-like screen protector on there for a while but was so relieved to remove it. I have learned to live with the occasional scratch - I'd rather have a scratch or risk of damage than compromise the entire design and form factor of this elegant device.

I don't mean to offend (and there is nothing unusual about your case).
    Heading out the door here in a minute but have to remark to this last comment... The phone still works just fine. It feels so much tighter and solid I can't even describe it. I'm not even sure how they made the weave on that case. It's very cloth like yet skin tight. It improves the actual feel of the phone and to me it feels even more expensive if that can be described as a feeling.

It's slider feels so much more solid and with the cloth feel and grip it's very easy to one hand the slider open. It looks like it came with the phone. Oh.. and an occasional scratch on the screen would drive me nuts... This screen is at least recessed from the cover and even if the phone slid on concrete unless there was sand sticking up it would leave the screen alone.

Just my take... G..
    i just ordered it of mrhit.com $13.99 shipped to my door.
    I just got the snap on case that sprint is now offering. Phone isn't as pretty but it fells more secure. It also works with the touchstone. I'm getting used to it.
    Where did you buy the belt case?
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Walmart.. The Case Logic I was using and also bought at Wally World doesn't fit with the phone in its new case while the lower priced foneGear case fits around the phone in its case.

On another note you don't have to put the back part of the case on if you wanted to only protect the top where the worse damage could occur and then the Touchstone would still work. Your call...

G..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast