Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    Does the case hinge in between the 2 sliding parts of the Pre, or does each part of the case just sit over each part of the Pre. The 1st case I bought just increased the oreo effect and putting it on and taking it off just seem to slowly loosen up and tear the phone apart. Basically I don't want any case that has tabs or anything like that going into the sliding mechanism of the phone. That didn't end well for me.

Oh and most importantly, where to buy??
    Is there anywhere to buy it besides online?
    Best Buy etc..?
    The case comes in two different pieces. You just snap them on and everything works the same. No hinges, etc.

G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    The case comes in two different pieces. You just snap them on and everything works the same. No hinges, etc.
    How difficult is it to remove the rear cover? I'd consider one but would never give up the touchstone. If it's easy to remove/install the rear portion, I could live with that. Remove it for overnight charge on the touchstone, re-install it in the morning.

How exactly is it held on? If it's similar to Seidio's junk-o-case with the clips that break in a few months, I'll pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    How difficult is it to remove the rear cover? I'd consider one but would never give up the touchstone. If it's easy to remove/install the rear portion, I could live with that. Remove it for overnight charge on the touchstone, re-install it in the morning.

How exactly is it held on? If it's similar to Seidio's junk-o-case with the clips that break in a few months, I'll pass.
    I'd like to know that too because the seidio is starting to feel crappy.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    I think this is the case? The one for your belt clip. If this is it I will try it with the sprint case...

Walmart.com: foneGEAR Black Canvas foneCASE for iPhone and BlackBerry: Cell Phones
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    I think this is the case? The one for your belt clip. If this is it I will try it with the sprint case...

Walmart.com: foneGEAR Black Canvas foneCASE for iPhone and BlackBerry: Cell Phones
    That is the case I bought...

On the other question about the two halves I really haven't tried to take it off but you can definitely just put the top one on. That is really the only protection you actually need anyway as the back of the case has been changed to make it work with the Touchstone and is much more durable that the plastic one you take off when you switch to the Touchstone. I loved the Touchstone but it's a tiny bit slower to charge then the cable directly. It's just something I was totally surprized by. I was busy collecting power supplies that would work the Touchstone when I had to take back my phone for another problem and I already had a 1/2" x 1/8" piece missing out of one corner on my phone that happened when it dropped out of my truck one day. It just barely cracked that day but eventually a month later it just came off almost like a scab. Don't want that to happen again. I bought the cover for around $19 and once I put it on I really liked the feel of the phone and how much more solid it felt. Enough to where all of a sudden I had a decision to make on the Touchstone. I'll use that ability to trash my friends with Iphones but I'll keep my case on. It's paper thin with a woven cloth feel to it. I'd bet that a few of you who try it end up doing as I'm doing and put the whole thing on. Just feels right. If you already did blemish your existing phone this thing will make it look new too...

I think I've beat this to death. Just wanted to share and I feel I'm picky... G..
    Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    That is the case I bought...

On the other question about the two halves I really haven't tried to take it off but you can definitely just put the top one on. That is really the only protection you actually need anyway as the back of the case has been changed to make it work with the Touchstone and is much more durable that the plastic one you take off when you switch to the Touchstone. I loved the Touchstone but it's a tiny bit slower to charge then the cable directly. It's just something I was totally surprized by. I was busy collecting power supplies that would work the Touchstone when I had to take back my phone for another problem and I already had a 1/2" x 1/8" piece missing out of one corner on my phone that happened when it dropped out of my truck one day. It just barely cracked that day but eventually a month later it just came off almost like a scab. Don't want that to happen again. I bought the cover for around $19 and once I put it on I really liked the feel of the phone and how much more solid it felt. Enough to where all of a sudden I had a decision to make on the Touchstone. I'll use that ability to trash my friends with Iphones but I'll keep my case on. It's paper thin with a woven cloth feel to it. I'd bet that a few of you who try it end up doing as I'm doing and put the whole thing on. Just feels right. If you already did blemish your existing phone this thing will make it look new too...

I think I've beat this to death. Just wanted to share and I feel I'm picky... G..
    So if my slider is just a tad loose, will it make it feel more solid in that area? I know the Innocase does a decent job at making it feel a bit more tight which I like, but the Innocase also feels kinda cheap to me. I'm really considering getting this case for only 13.99.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Ok, I just bought the case. $15.11 after tax and USPS First Class. For those of you who got it First Class...how long did it take to get to you?
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    i just ordered it of mrhit.com $13.99 shipped to my door.
    Thanks for the tip on the website Smashclash. I just ordered mine as well for a total of $15.11.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    WOW Glad i found this post! I am an HVAC Service tech & like you on roofs, garages, in & our of homes & truck all day! I have had my pre almost 2 weeks with a Clarivue screen protector and a seido case & well dropped it today! i almost died! the case poped off & phoen was face down! no major dings or dents, minor scratch on screen protector & 1 ding on the corner. it fell from about 3 feet onto assault. I dont mind a thicker case i got the seido for use of touchstone but haven't had a chance to get on eyet (i want to 2 pack & put 1 in my truck) but am finding that the usb port isnt too bad to use! i push the cover in 90% of the say just enouygh to pop out ez but enough to keep closed thru out the day! After your review & seeign the price i may pick one up before i buy a touchstone & then make the touchtone decision!
    Thanks!
    Another question...

The one available at MrHit.com has the following in the description:

*Removable knob for sleek design
    *Rapid release locking swivel clip for instant phone access

Looking at the pictures you posted, I don't see any place for a knob or swivel clip. Did yours come with those accessories or could that be a misprint on MrHit.com?

I prefer the case without a knob or clip, I like the clean look.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    hey i like the look of the case but i was wondering if it works with a full protector like phantom skinz. i know there are a lot of cases but a lot of them do not fit with a full body protector and i dont want to take the back off just because i like it even. if it does work with the protector than i might just have to buy it. as careful as i try to be with the pre, i always seem to drop it, especially getting out of the car.
    Well, I bought the case...just got it. I'm not impressed. I spent the last 15 minutes trying to install it, even following the instruction sheet they sent.

I finally got the back installed but could not get the front to fully clip on. I was afraid of cracking the screen due to the amount of pressure I was using to get the top right section to click on.

It was worth a gamble for the price but it doesn't look like I'll be using it.
    ordered mine yesterday, hopefully it'll install fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    Ok, I just bought the case. $15.11 after tax and USPS First Class. For those of you who got it First Class...how long did it take to get to you?
    Well, they shipped mine from Arlington, TX, and it took 1 day to get to the north Dallas area. I see you are in Ft. Worth so I imagine you have yours already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Well, they shipped mine from Arlington, TX, and it took 1 day to get to the north Dallas area. I see you are in Ft. Worth so I imagine you have yours already.
    I just got it. I can't seem to get it on. I feel like I'm about to break my phone getting it on. Does it not fit with the TS back cover? I guess I can change it since it won't charge on the TS.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    I totally agree.... I love my touchstone.... I bought a hard case that snaps and only put the front part on... it works...
    The one i bought is very hard to remove... I bought a hard case and only put the front cover on and it works with my touchstone...
    I just got it. I can't seem to get it on. I feel like I'm about to break my phone getting it on.
    Same here, the front piece won't clip on completely and I'm not about to break my phone over it.
    Whoever started this thread never mentioned it being this difficult to get on. Maybe we got bad cases??
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Whoever started this thread never mentioned it being this difficult to get on. Maybe we got bad cases??
    The case was extremely difficult for me to get on the first time, i thought for sure I would break my Pre, but it gets easier over time. What I do now, is when putting on the front piece(which is easiest to me) With the slider open, I slide on the two bottom tabs and then slide on the larger tab up top first. I then place my left thumb at the bottom middle of the case to hold it in place, and use my right thumb and index finger to snap on the other tab. Was difficult to do the first couple of times, now its a breeze. just reverse the procedure to remove

As far as the back piece goes, i dont remove this too often as the tabs are a little trickier to get to, and i dont care much for the back of the phone( figure ill just replace the battery door if something happens to it) But to apply I open the slider and attach the two bottom tabs. I then attach the larger tab(opposite the ringer switch) and force snap the adjacent tab. I guess once the case stretches it gets easier. I wanted to send mine back at first too, thinking it didnt fit. But after following the instructions, and a little patience the only problem I have with the case now is my fingers are a little too big for typing on the top row of keys. A little annoying but not a deal breaker.

Might have to reconsider when Docs to Go is released.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast