Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ever since I installed 1.2.1, then subsequently wosqi 2.7 and added some tweaks, I notice that my pre is not charging properly via Pre. it would charge and hit the 100% and after that battery starts draining. by the morning, while the pre still sits on the touchstone, it is at around 70-80% and the phone is no longer charging. has anybody experienced this, or close to it at all? I also noticed that when I ran the emergency patch to remove all tweaks, and then charge the pre on the touchstone, it appeared to charge fine without losing any charge.

wanted to solicit some feedback on this, any recommendations are welcomed. Thanks in advance!
    I have plenty of tweaks installed and have not had any issues with charging my phone on the TS. I have a feeling you may have not set it on just right and it slipped which kept it from charging. That has happened to me before. Possibly a vibration made it slip. Try reinstalling your tweaks to see if that happens again. I think it might just be a fluke since you have verified your TS works.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    You might have too send your pre to the doctor!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
    ever since I installed 1.2.1, then subsequently wosqi 2.7 and added some tweaks, I notice that my pre is not charging properly via Pre. it would charge and hit the 100% and after that battery starts draining. by the morning, while the pre still sits on the touchstone, it is at around 70-80% and the phone is no longer charging. has anybody experienced this, or close to it at all? I also noticed that when I ran the emergency patch to remove all tweaks, and then charge the pre on the touchstone, it appeared to charge fine without losing any charge.

wanted to solicit some feedback on this, any recommendations are welcomed. Thanks in advance!
    You're not alone; I had this problem. I have had a variety of patches on my phone with no major incidents, but the night after adding the battery percentage with battery icon tweak, my phone stopped charging on the Touchstone. In addition to failed Touchstone charging, I couldn't keep a network connection. The phone's constant search for the network caused an accelerated battery drain; the charge slipped to near zero while sitting on the Touchstone all night. My first thought was that my Touchstone was defective, but it's fine. I uninstalled the patch and both problems went away immediately. I find it hard to believe the patch could have caused the network connection problem, but it seems an odd coincidence. By the way, I reinstalled the battery percentage tweak this weekend and haven't had any major problems so far. Hope that helps.

UPDATE: It happened again last night, but reset worked like a charm. Actually, I reset the phone by putting it in dev mode with the intention of removing the battery percentage patch. Once the phone appeared to have recovered normal operation, I decided not to remove the patch; we'll see what happens.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 10/13/2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: update
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ok, so last night after I posted the initial post, I installed the emergency patch and it removed all of the tweaks again. I put it on the touchstone and have had 7 emails received since that time, but the charge stayed intact, and stayed at 100% when I woke up. So I am really thinking that it is patch related. I just wish I can find out which specific patch that's doing this to me. I am thinking that I will install the read/delete all mail patch tonight, and possibly experiment one at a time?

i hate to pay the visit to the doctor, but is this possibly the general consensus?
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    ive got most of the patches available installed (including the percentage patch) and no issues with my TS, i charge it that way every night.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    ok, I installed just the 1 patch for read/delete all emails, and put it on the touchstone. this morning when I looked, I only have just 88% of charge while sitting on the touchstone. Is going to the webos doctor the only suggested solution for this? does anybody have any other feedback on this weird issue of mine?
    i put my pre on the stone and it starts beeping after it charges, is there a way to stop it, i thought it should sleep overnite and not try beeping
    I have the battery tweak installed but not the email one. My Pre stopped charging on the Touchstone regardless what its capacity is when I set it on there. I thought the charger was bad but now I'm thinking it has to be that battery tweak. I'll try reinstalling it tonight and see what happens. Hopefully it will fix the problem.
    There are a few patches in Preware that address various issues with touchstones. I like the vibrate patch. I haven't used the others.

Quote Originally Posted by sirwhistle View Post
    i put my pre on the stone and it starts beeping after it charges, is there a way to stop it, i thought it should sleep overnite and not try beeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I have the battery tweak installed but not the email one. My Pre stopped charging on the Touchstone regardless what its capacity is when I set it on there. I thought the charger was bad but now I'm thinking it has to be that battery tweak. I'll try reinstalling it tonight and see what happens. Hopefully it will fix the problem.
    So for the update...

I uninstalled the battery patch and the charging sound patch. Turned developer mode off and on. Reinstalled the battery patch w/ percentage only and turned dev mode off. Now it works fine on the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    So for the update...

I uninstalled the battery patch and the charging sound patch. Turned developer mode off and on. Reinstalled the battery patch w/ percentage only and turned dev mode off. Now it works fine on the touchstone.
    Back to NOT working on the touchstone anymore... Quite frustrating I might add.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwhistle View Post
    I'm having the same problem -- when my Pre reaches full charge on the touchstone it repeatedly makes the battery charge sound. I was having major problems with the upgrade to 1.3.5 and had to use webOS Doctor to basically start all over again. My phone did kill one touchstone base, which sprint replaced, but my wife's unrooted, un-tweaked, non-homebrew phone has had zero problems. I hate to give up my touchstone, but I refuse to give up a lot of my patches and apps. Any suggestions anybody has would be great.