Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I believe it was mentioned at the CES announcement that their would be a Family of Touchstone products.

I am about to make a cup holder mount for a Touchstone.

Will there actually be a family of Touchstone products and when?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    The Pixi can use touchstone. That's all I'm aware of at this time.
    Its just a very small family...lol
    Yeah, disappointing. I have 4 of them, and the car installation is not what I'd hope.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I'm hoping there will be new TS products when the Pixi comes out.
    Touchstone bluetooth headset. That would be cool.
    As strange as it may be, I saw the table pad that will charge several electronic units at the same time again. It may be that once the pad is more available and replacement backs for other products come out, the touchstone will sell as a stand alone (mono) unit like we use it today.

Here is one - the power mat. one last thing for the fun of it. Go to the bottom of the first page, select country flag and you will find a video with the palm borg's sister. lol
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 10/12/2009 at 04:47 PM.
    I don't know how Palm could make a universal cup holder mount for a Touchstone.

You would want a Touchstone cup holder mount that would be:
    1. An exact fit for your cup holder (they are all a little different).
    2. Exactly the height you wanted.
    3. Rock solid with no wobble at all even after a lot of use.
    4. Hide your cables.
    5. Could be taken out in a matter of seconds.

I could find nothing on the market that came close. I have no idea how Palm could design it. So for $6, I made my own.

Details and more photos are here. It took under an hour to make. Waiting for the paint to dry took most of the time.

Here is a great thread with photos of car mount ideas.

The existing touchstone is perfect for your car.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/13/2009 at 08:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Hey Craig,

Any luck with A2DP Bluetooth?

That would eliminate any cables into the Pre.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Finally Pre View Post
    As strange as it may be, I saw the table pad that will charge several electronic units at the same time again. It may be that once the pad is more available and replacement backs for other products come out, the touchstone will sell as a stand alone (mono) unit like we use it today.

Here is one - the (edited - can't post links yet). one last thing for the fun of it. Go to the bottom of the first page, select country flag and you will find a video with the palm borg's sister. lol
    LOL the wife and I saw a lot of those at BB when picking up a Palm car charger for the Pre's the other day. We laughed a lil.... just cause the packaging mentioned needing the required "accessory" for the object to be charged.

Currently not a bad option if you are a multiple Pre owning household..... thought about picking it up and a couple "touchstone" batt covers instead of picking up 2 touchstones for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post

The existing touchstone is perfect for your car.

- Craig
    While I agree it's very good, it's not quite perfect. Try this experiment: go on a multi-hour trip, and run Sprint Nav and music at the same time. Start out with a full battery and let me know where it's at by the end of your trip. You won't be at 100% (unless you're using a charger with more than 1000mA).

Palm could easily make some kind of cupholder mount that would fit the standard Starbucks coffee cup. Belkin has something like this. They could also provide a bit more juice and something a tad more secure than the magnets to hold it in place. I think they're leaving money on the table by not doing it. Perhaps it's in the works. Or maybe they're working with someone (Proclip or Belkin perhaps?) to provide it. At any rate, they're foolish not to get in on it. Most people are not as inventive as the wonderful Precentral users here who have crafted their own solutions, and would be happy to pay $60 for a full TS-enabled car charging solution.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer