Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ok... after firing it back on again I now have both blue icons (phone and music) and it works. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mykall View Post
    I do not remember a phone icon at all.
    OK, then, that is your problem. If you launch the Bluetooth icon and then turn on the T505, you should see the music icon come up, followed by the phone icon (not necessarily in that order). If you do not see the phone icon, then your Pre has not been paired properly. Un-pair and then re-pair the unit and see if the phone icon comes up.

If it still does not come up, try a bluetooth headset to see if the phone icon pops up when the Pre is paired to the headset. That should ensure that there is nothing wrong with the Pre.

Maybe you have a defective T505? I would certainly try a number of pairing attempts though before rushing back to the store.

I've been using this set-up for a while and I've had no problems other than the one I reported earlier in this thread (nothing to do with your problem) which appears to have disappeared with the 1.4 update.

Good luck!
    I just purchased the Jabra Cruiser from Cost Co. At first impression in works great, good loud sound quality. But after using for just one day there seems to me a design flaw or I'm using it incorrectly. I'm using it paired with 2 phones, a personal phone, which is an iPhone, and a work phone, which is a cheap Verizon flip.
    When I'm connected with someone I notice it act more like a walkie-talkie than a speakerphone. Meaning you cant speak over the other person. They talk, when they stop talking you can talk only then will they hear you. I conducted a test while on a call, when the other person is speaking you can hear them but they cannot hear you. You canít interrupt them, its not like having a normal conversation like I said its like being on a walkie-talkie, very frustrating. Wanted to open the window and chuck it down the highway.

Is it me or is this how this thing works?
    thats how they all work....need bi-directional
    Kevp, I was going to get the Jabra but DH got my birthday present early and it was the T505. I have only played with it a little yesterday and I didn't notice that. Does this happen only when transmitting to an FM radio, or all the time? I'm wondering if it's a bad FM station, but that shouldn't cause it.

I'll try it today and see what happens. My husband is used to me interrupting him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevp View Post
    I just purchased the Jabra Cruiser from Costco....When I'm connected with someone I notice it act more like a walkie-talkie than a speakerphone. Meaning you cant speak over the other person. They talk, when they stop talking you can talk only then will they hear you. I conducted a test while on a call, when the other person is speaking you can hear them but they cannot hear you. You canít interrupt them, its not like having a normal conversation like I said its like being on a walkie-talkie, very frustrating. Wanted to open the window and chuck it down the highway.

Is it me or is this how this thing works?
    Quote Originally Posted by Safira View Post
    Kevp, I was going to get the Jabra but DH got my birthday present early and it was the T505. I have only played with it a little yesterday and I didn't notice that. Does this happen only when transmitting to an FM radio, or all the time? I'm wondering if it's a bad FM station, but that shouldn't cause it.

I'll try it today and see what happens. My husband is used to me interrupting him.
    It mentions specifically, in reviews, the T505 doesn't do duplex. It also mentions, in reviews the Cruiser SP715 does.

Having said that, I couldn't find any confirmation of that on Jabra's website or in the materials that came with the SP715.

Futher, I noticed the same behavior when speaking with my wife. If I start to talk it cuts her off...like pressing the talk button on a Walkie Talkie. She was also using a speaker phone (built into her car) so this might have exacerbated the situation. Perhaps this is part of aggressive noise cancellation systems? I think I've noticed this before, with cell transmissions in general, but in this case it was particularly bad...cutting her side to silence even for a half a second after I stopped making noise on my side. This happened when using FM radio transmission. I didn't test it with the built in speaker.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I've decided to jump back into this thread in case anyone is still reading or contemplating these speakerphones. Those who have read my posts here know that I initially fell in love with the ease of the Jabra Cruiser or Jabra SP715. I then moved over to the Moto T505 because of some Bluetooth issues between my Pre and the Jabra Cruiser.

What I missed in all my posts, however, is that the Jabra Cruiser has dual microphones so the problem reported by Disaster and Kevp in the above post was beginning to bother me with the T505. So I decided to switch back to the Jabra Cruiser and so far no bluetooth compatibility issues. Could be the various updates to webOS which occurred have solved the compatibility issue.

In any event, the real purpose of my posting here again is to let everyone know that the Jabra Cruiser or Jabra T505 does indeed have dual microphones and they work wonderfully. You don't realize how much of an improvement dual microphones are until you use the T505 for some time and constantly feel like you are using a walkie-talkie.

I could only vouch for my own experience but the Jabra Cruiser does not suffer from the walkie-talkie experience and the packaging from Jabra specifically states "dual microphones". I am surprised by Kevp's experience in this regard.

Hope this helps people out there who are shopping for speakerphones.
    I picked up a Cruiser a couple of weeks ago and have been very pleased. I mainly listen to phone calls via the FM transmitter and it's MUCH better than using a headset...I can finally hear people more clearly while driving. I like being able to wake up the Cruiser when I get into my car and having the speakerphone tell me that it's connected. (My headset would not always re-connect when I get close to it.)

I was prompted last night to send my contact list to the Cruiser...I hadn't done that yet. I haven't had an incoming call since syncing the contacts but I'm hopeful that it will announce the caller's name instead of their number.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123