Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gworrel View Post
    I have not had problems with bluetooth except that I have had to turn the Cruiser off then back on to get it to pair sometimes. I usually turn on the cruiser, wait for the connect, then press the FM button, hear the frequency announcement, tune the radio if not already there, then press play on the Pre. I do not have to start the streaming first.

A problem that I continue to have is that the FM broadcast continues to shut down while listening to a podcast. It seems to happen consistently after 5 or 10 minutes. I bought a second one and it still does the same thing, maybe worse. The first one would seem to stay on after I pressed the FM button after the first shut down. The new one shuts down repeatedly.
    That sounds worse than my problem! Once connected, the FM transmission has never cut out while listening to podcasts. I use Dr. Podder.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I've had the Jabra Cruiser since a day or two after I made the original post. I like the unit, for the most part. It pairs quickly. Sound quality coming out of the built in speaker is quite good. I use it a lot for podcasts.

Two issues.

When streaming stereo music via FM, the Cruiser often randomly switches into a mono output, meaning that the stereo separation is no longer there. I can make it come back by turning the FM button off, then on again. I wonder if maybe the Cruiser has a memory buffer that's getting overloaded, and that causes the stereo information to disappear. Sound quality is pretty good on FM transmission, except for this monaural annoyance.

In a very heavily saturated FM market -- Chicago, where there is a signal on every frequency -- there can be a fair amount of static during FM transmission from the Cruiser to my FM radio. I suspected this was because the FM antenna on the Cruiser was inadequate. I noticed that when I touched the Cruiser in certain ways, the reception improved, then got worse when I removed my hand from the device. This is a litte bit like how in the old days of "rabbit ear" antennas on TV, you could improve reception by holding the antenna.

Then one day, I connected the charging cable from the cigarrette lighter to the Jabra unit, and found that the FM transmission was dramatically improved. Obviously, the charging cable was acting as a transmission antenna.

I even found that this effect worked even if the adapter cable wasn't plugged in to the phone or into the charging adapter. As long as the cable is toucing the Cruiser in some way, it works.

Whether you see this effect or not probably has to do with the shape and location of your car's antenna.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    As you can tell from my posts, I have been having erratic problems with the bluetooth connection between the Palm Pre and the Cruiser. I decided to go out and buy the T505 and give it a whirl. Well....am I ever impressed!

What I noticed immediately is that the bluetooth connection between the Palm Pre and the T505 seems much more robust than with the Cruiser. All commands for controlling music or podcast playback work on the T505. You can Play/Pause/Skip using the T505 and everytime you hit the button it works. On the Cruiser, I could not get the Play/Pause button to work consistently and I never got the skip button to work (or maybe a few times but certainly not on a consistent basis).

Once connected to the T505, my music/podcasts play perfectly. No more turning bluetooth on/off and reconnecting to get the music playback.

I've noticed no difference using FM transmission and the quality of the playback seems the same as the Cruiser.

I will keep testing the T505 and report back if I notice any problems as I was initially quite impressed by the Cruiser but now I find that the T505 is a much better match for the Palm Pre than the Cruiser.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone is following this thread or not but here is a glitch I recently discovered on the T505. If your Pre is in lock-screen mode when you power up the T505, you cannot subsequently stream music or podcasts. You have to power down the T505 and then power it up when your Pre is not in lock-screen mode.

So far, that is the only minor glitch. Not a big deal once you know what to avoid.

I thought this might have been my problem with the Jabra Cruiser but no go. I still can't get it to stream consistently without toggling BT on/off.

So far, I'm sticking with the T505. Hope this info helps. If you've experienced the same problem, chime in.
    Curious, I've been using my old T505 again in the past week and have twice now had it connect but not get any audio through it, I had to disconnect and reconnect to get it to go. I'll pay more attention to the circumstances of when it happens now that I know this... thanks Quintus!
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    @Quintus: Does the T505 reconnect automatically? Say if I run into a store for a few minutes and take my phone with me and leave the speakerphone on. Does it reconnect when I get back into the car? Also, does the 30 min no activity shut off work as described?

Thanks - Erik
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    It has always reconnected automatically for me unless you leave for more than 15 min. Then you have to hit the call button to reconnect. After 30 min of no connexion then the unit fully shuts off.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    @Quintus: thanks buddy. Much appreciated! I have one on order and I am looking forward to trying it out.
    Based on my research and confirmed with this thread, I ordered and just received the T505 (for my wife's vehicle) and I played with it while it was charging. I cant judge the output based on actual driving (and the road noise incurred), but the speaker is loud. My wife called while I was streaming Grooveshark and it announced the number. She could not discern any difference in voice quality over the speakerphone. The Bluetooth streaming is great, for an ad hoc connection. It also streams the SprintNav's voice directions over the A2DP connection, something that I was worrying about since she is a road warrior. The FM transmitter reminded me why I dont like them, as the antennae on my Mazda CX-9 is in the rear, and there was some static. It was improved when I plugged it in, echoing other's remarks about increasing the range by connecting something to the T505. It should work well for my wife's truck, since her antennae is in the front. All in all, easy to setup and use and the audio quality seems to be up to par.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I picked up a T505 yesterday (on sale at Fry's). Haven't had the opportunity to make many calls on it. But I did call my work phone to leave myself a voicemail to check call quality. Sounded really clear. Much better than expected. Used the FM this afternoon while streaming some talk radio. Sound quality was ok, but it didn't matter since it wasn't music.

So far, so good.
    Last edited by jrtesq; 02/26/2010 at 06:08 PM. Reason: change verb tense
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I have read that the T505 does not have full duplex capabilities. I haven't found any info yet for the Jabra. What is your guys experience with duplex on both devices?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    I have read that the T505 does not have full duplex capabilities. I haven't found any info yet for the Jabra. What is your guys experience with duplex on both devices?
    The Jabra has duplex and the T505 does not. Having said that, I've used both of them extensively and the person on the other end (my wife) has never noticed any difference between the two and we talk often while I'm driving. In fact, if I had to choose re outgoing call quality, I think the T505 would win by a small margin. So much for duplex adding to call quality.
    Has anyone been able to get 2 iphones paired up with Cruiser in the same car ?
    I often travel with others that have an iphone also, but when I pair up with another, I loose connection with my iphone. If I connect to mine, I loose the passengers connection. The manual is not very clear on this issue at all.
    trashoutpro
    Has anyone been able to get 2 iphones paired up with Cruiser in the same car ?
    I often travel with others that have an iphone also, but when I pair up with another, I loose connection with my iphone. If I connect to mine, I loose the passengers connection. The manual is not very clear on this issue at all.
    trashoutpro
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    on sale on a couple websites:

Jabra CRUISER Bluetooth Car Kit (Black) - White Box Pack - Nokia Cell Phones Bluetooth Headset

type: freeship for free shipping.....
    I got my T505 yesterday and after reading through the directions I'm a little confused. I got both Talk radio and Music to stream through both the speaker and my car stereo, but I can't get it to work with the phone. I went through the setup and everything seems fine. This thing is supposed to also be able to voice dial, but with no voice capability in the Pre, how is this possible? In my 09 Aura that is handled by the car's extensive built in bluetooth and I did have to setup my contacts in that car which work for any phone paired and onstar. In the older Pontiac which I bought this for it doesn't seem to ring or voice prompt me that there is a call. When I manually dialed from the phone I got nothing through the speaker and could only hear it through the phone.

Is there something I'm missing on the Pre side?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    mykall,

Sounds like a pairing issue. When you go to Bluetooth settings on the Pre, does it show that you are connected to the T505? Should see two icons, a music logo and a phone logo. If you don't see the phone logo then you are not properly paired. I would turn off bluetooth on the phone and retry, turn off the T505 and delete the T505 from the Pre and re-pair.

As for voice-dialing, it doesn't work with the T505 as this unit does not have a built-in phonebook. You can do redial by holding the phone button for 3 seconds but that's about it.
    Yes it's paired, that's how I was able to steam music through both the internal speaker and the CS. Yes the Pre shows it's paired to the T505 and has the blue music symbol.

The instructions also state that you can speak the contact you want to call w/o any further details. This is what confused me. I'm going to re-pair the device and try again.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mykall View Post
    Yes it's paired, that's how I was able to steam music through both the internal speaker and the CS. Yes the Pre shows it's paired to the T505 and has the blue music symbol.
    Yes, but is there a phone icon as well? You need both icons, one for the phone and the other for streaming music.
    I do not remember a phone icon at all.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast