Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. s00pcan's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
       #1  
    Preferably on ebay and with a coiled cord, not simply a usb port. It seems none of these sellers realize that it needs to be 1amp and just label anything with micro usb as compatible. Does anyone know one that works for sure that I can buy? Preferably under $10.
  2. Iancarr27's Avatar
    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #2  
    hey i use a portable outlet I bought at pep boys for 10 dollars then just took the whole charger and plugged it in the outlet which connects to the ciggarette lighter or you can get the motorola P79 portable charger its very small and can be charged the same time as you charge your pre at night then it will hold two full charges for your pre I just got one from ebay for 8.99 with free shipping its very very usefull and I never have to worry about charging it during the day you should check it out
  3. #3  
    Doesn't meet your price target, but I just walked into the Sprint store soon after getting my Pre, and asked for a car charger for the Pre. I was handed a Sprint brand charger with a Yellow Sprint logo on the end, I believe the output is 850 milliAmps. It has worked great for my Pre for three months.

    The bad news is that the price was about $24!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre


  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBinOK View Post
    Doesn't meet your price target, but I just walked into the Sprint store soon after getting my Pre, and asked for a car charger for the Pre. I was handed a Sprint brand charger with a Yellow Sprint logo on the end, I believe the output is 850 milliAmps. It has worked great for my Pre for three months.

    The bad news is that the price was about $24!
    I've got that one too. The charging speed is slower than watching paint dry. Beware of this!
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
  5. #5  
    You can buy it here, search the forum...trim81 sells them for $10. I purchased it from him and got it in 2 days and it works great
  6. #6  
    Motorola SPN 5400A Mobile Charger works great for me. make sure you get the the 5400A. Amazon about $8 shipped.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    I've got that one too. The charging speed is slower than watching paint dry. Beware of this!
    I wonder if there's a difference in manufacture or something between our chargers. Mine can actually recharge the battery while running Navigation AND Pandora at the same time. I will admit that when doing both of those battery-intensive operations, it is slower than watching paint dry.

    I can't quote figures, but I'm very content with the charge rate when I'm not really pumping energy out of the battery with both internet-intensive apps going.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

    Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre


  8. jp99's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #8  
    Take a look at this thread. Once you modify the charger by soldering the two pins together so you can charge at the high rate, it works better than anything else so far. It's rated at 1.2 A.

    I have the Sprint charger (850mA), the Palm one (1 A) and this one - and this one works the best.
  9. s00pcan's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
       #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Take a look at this thread. Once you modify the charger by soldering the two pins together so you can charge at the high rate, it works better than anything else so far. It's rated at 1.2 A.

    I have the Sprint charger (850mA), the Palm one (1 A) and this one - and this one works the best.
    Who exactly are you replying to?

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    You can buy it here, search the forum...trim81 sells them for $10. I purchased it from him and got it in 2 days and it works great
    Might have to look him up. Which charger does he sell?

    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Motorola SPN 5400A Mobile Charger works great for me. make sure you get the the 5400A. Amazon about $8 shipped.
    Amazon.com: NEW OEM MOTOROLA RAZR2 CAR CHARGER V9 V9M V8 SPN5400: Cell Phones & Service

    Is it this? I can't tell what the connector is.

    Thanks for the replies btw.
  10. pacha248's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    #10  
    Try this out, it works for me. Hit the power button on your Pre to turn off the screen, then wait a good minute and then plug your car charger in. For some reason if I have my screen on and plug my car charger in, it won't charge and I think that might be the problem you're having.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    You can buy it here, search the forum...trim81 sells them for $10. I purchased it from him and got it in 2 days and it works great
    I bought this same charger from him and it didn't work for me and mine (could have just been the one I got) I had bought other ebay chargers, but in the end bought the official Palm usb one here on PreCentral and it works great. Unfortunately it doesn't meet your price requirement, but in the end I was willing to pay extra for a charger that works well. For past phones I've always gotten ebay chargers.
  12. s00pcan's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
       #12  
    Bought the motorola charger for $6.68.. hope it works. If it doesn't... I'm seriously just going to get one of those dc to ac converters.
  13. solarus's Avatar
    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    #13  
    I'm in the market for a car charger/fm music transmitter. Anyone have any suggestions?
  14. #14  
    Mine is SPN 5400A. I'm not sure what a SPN 5400 has for a connector. If you just ordered it you should be able to cancel and get the one with an "A".
  15. s00pcan's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Mine is SPN 5400A. I'm not sure what a SPN 5400 has for a connector. If you just ordered it you should be able to cancel and get the one with an "A".
    Good eye. I did buy the SPN5400 and not the SPN5400A.. what's the difference? Should I cancel and get the other?
  16. s00pcan's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    Mine is SPN 5400A. I'm not sure what a SPN 5400 has for a connector. If you just ordered it you should be able to cancel and get the one with an "A".
    Good eye. I did buy the SPN5400 and not the SPN5400A.. both are micro usb. What's the difference? Should I cancel and get the other?
  17. #17  
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  18. s00pcan's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
       #18  
    I was trying for about 15 minutes to load that thread but kept getting errors on this website
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by s00pcan View Post
    I was trying for about 15 minutes to load that thread but kept getting errors on this website
    It should work now.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  20. #20  
    The 5400A was recommended on this forum months ago. If there is any difference between the two,I have no idea.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions