Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    http://store.precentral.net/palm-veh.../5A47A4229.htm

I bought this one a while back and it works very well. Used Nav and Pandora on a trip to Chicago and had no issues.
    i just bought a usb cigarrette lighter adapter for $2 on monoprice . It works great!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBinOK View Post
    I wonder if there's a difference in manufacture or something between our chargers. Mine can actually recharge the battery while running Navigation AND Pandora at the same time. I will admit that when doing both of those battery-intensive operations, it is slower than watching paint dry.

I can't quote figures, but I'm very content with the charge rate when I'm not really pumping energy out of the battery with both internet-intensive apps going.

My experience is similar. I typically run Nav and Pandora at the same time, and my Sprint charger can keep up with no problems. Worth the money for me.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Take a look at this thread. Once you modify the charger by soldering the two pins together so you can charge at the high rate, it works better than anything else so far. It's rated at 1.2 A.

I have the Sprint charger (850mA), the Palm one (1 A) and this one - and this one works the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by s00pcan View Post
    Who exactly are you replying to?
    You - your original post asked, "I've bought two car chargers, neither worked. Recommend me one?" So I did. Having a car charger with 1.2A makes all the difference, especially if you intend to use a touchstone in a car.

Clear enough now?
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    You - your original post asked, "I've bought two car chargers, neither worked. Recommend me one?" So I did. Having a car charger with 1.2A makes all the difference, especially if you intend to use a touchstone in a car.

Clear enough now?
    I meant about soldering the data points together... that didn't really apply to my situation. I guess I didn't make it clear, I didn't buy one of those usb adapters, I bought a charger with a 12v car socket on one end and a micro usb connector on the other - your idea wouldn't apply in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by s00pcan View Post
    Preferably on ebay and with a coiled cord, not simply a usb port. It seems none of these sellers realize that it needs to be 1amp and just label anything with micro usb as compatible. Does anyone know one that works for sure that I can buy? Preferably under $10.
    I had a similar problem to USB interfaces and using the USB to MicroUSB cable. Was able to get around the problem of the Palm not recognizing it being plugged in by plugging it in more slowly to the Palm Pre after connecting to non-standard adapter. This may also work for your cigarette lighter adapter? Interesting how I can slide the connector in slow and get it to recognize, but to be honest if it is lower then 1amp is it being efficient? Mine idea works and my Pre does charge when doing this. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Alright, they cancelled my order so I can get the SPN5400A now.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Just got back from trying my new SPN5400A.. it charges, but it's the most finicky thing ever. Like about 1/10 of the time I plug it in, it starts working. Seems to be better if I turn the screen off first before plugging it in. Why does it have to be so hard to get a good, working third party charger?
    Here is a charger that I bought from Amazon for only $5.18. It has both a car and home adapter and both are great!.
    Amazon.com: USB Data Cable + USB Car Charger + USB Home Travel Charger for Sprint Palm Pre Smartphone: Cell Phones & Service[/url]
    I bought a wall and a car charger, they ocassionally would activate the charge icon after a few seconds, but then in a few weeks neither worked. I got a second set, they didn't work even from day one. One wall charger will activate the icon but does not even maintain the existing charge, the other three will not even activate the charge icon. All have nice bright LED's showing they are alive.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hey just wanted to update this since this thread was still near the top.. the charger I got (motorola one) works great, it just needs a second to start charging when you first plug it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    http://store.precentral.net/palm-veh.../5A47A4229.htm

I bought this one a while back and it works very well. Used Nav and Pandora on a trip to Chicago and had no issues.
    +1.

Charges immediately and there is no issues with it going off and on. Also powers a Touchstone when you decide to go that route. Just get it and save yourself the trouble. And Palm will probably warrant your device if something goes wrong because it is their product. Just a nice piece of mind to have IMO.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12