1.    #1  
    Hi,

I just got the Sprint case they sell in the stores that has the chrome trim and is compatible with the Touchstone.

The case does add bulk but prevents oreo and fits tightly, so tightly that opening and closing the keyboard takes effort.

I can deal with that though.

What i'm worried about is that when i slide open the keyboard, on the middle right side of the screen the case creates a quick ripple effect, i assume because it tightens and pushes down at some point when sliding the keyboard open and closed.

My question is to anyone else that might have this case... do you have this same problem? Does it go away when the case gets more use? Should i be concerned about the ripple?

Thanks!
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    I have the case. It will loosen up when you start using it. I love the case its perfect in my eyes so far. Had it a month now!
  3.    #3  
    I just placed it on the touchstone for the first time... it does the charging chime thing constantly...

any suggestions?
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
    I hated that case i couldnt get it to work with touchstone and after i dropped it 1 time from only 2-3 feet the case poped off and destroyed the case (no scratches on the pre though i do realize that the case is supposed to either soften the blow or sacrifice it self but after 1 time? pfff i will let you know how the seidio innocase works out when i get that tomorrow.
    I had the seidio innocase before I got the sprint case. I ended up droping that and that poped off for me. I think 90% of the cases will pop of the Pre. The Pre isnt a soild brick type phone like the iPhone or Pixi. So its hard to make a case that wouldnt. I loved the seidio innocase. Mine just broke the tabs and I was looking for a phone that didnt have to snap onto the phone. So the sprint case was just that. Both cases are great it just depends on what your looking for. If you want to keep the Pre slim and safe go with the seidio innocase. You want a more protected feel or even give the Pre some size go with the sprint case. Both offer the same protection IMO.

As for the touchstone I dont know Zeravla. Mine just works like a charm with it. It just might be my luck. I'm sure others will post here for you with advice! The only thing I can say and check the magnet backing and resetup the Sprint Pre case.
    I have this case and I have also noticed the ripple effect. I haven't seen any damage from it as of yet. I to have no issue with the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    have the case and sell the case, no complaints on the sales or owning side. I guess the screen thing might depend on how you are opening the device. As far as Touchstone compatiblity, i only used it for two days but it worked like a charm both days.
    I have this case but it's REALLY hard to slide open with the phantom skinz on. Anybody have the same problem? Does it loosen up over time? I know it took a couple days to loosen up without the phantom skinz, but after i applied that it takes both hands and a lot of pressure to open the phone. Is this normal? I know the phantom skinz adds bulk but really enough to make the case barely slide? I love the case (best one I've seen so far) and the phantom skinz (i used to have zagg) but I want to use them BOTH. I don't wanna have to sand down the inside of the case if I don't have to (that's just too much work to be able to use a case).

Thanks
    It does loosen up over time. Give 2-3 days. Mine was the same way! Now it slides great! I guess it needs some time to ajust. This was the number one issue ppl had with the case. Out of the package its a tough slide. If you give it the right time it will feel much better. I promise!

Also make sure you ebay for it. It will cost you about half the price. $15 or so, give or take a few dollars!
    Last edited by cgardner; 10/12/2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: add more info.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I have a case and if i was use i wouldn't leave the case on your phone....I put the case on my phone n when i took it off the phone is lose the case made it get apart you can now see through the phone and it sucks im just going to buy the invisible shield
    Quote Originally Posted by jacr91 View Post
    I have a case and if i was use i wouldn't leave the case on your phone....I put the case on my phone n when i took it off the phone is lose the case made it get apart you can now see through the phone and it sucks im just going to buy the invisible shield
    Anyone else have this issue?
    I think he's talking more about the cases that have the tabs to hold it on the phone, like the innocase or the rocketfish from best buy. The sprint one doesn't hold on to the phone at all. It clicks together on rails. It's a really awesome case, it just fits really tight with an IS on or similar skin.
    I don't have this problem with the Sprint Case. FWIW, my Pre does not have a full front protector film, but an el-cheapo generic film that I cut to size big enough to cover the Pre screen.
    I do use this case. I use this screen protector with out an issue...

ScreenGuardz for Palm Pre - ScreenGuardz
    I think I'm gonna see if mine loosens up a little bit. If it doesn't I'm gonna chalk it up to slight variations in manufacturing. I don't think it's a problem with the case in general.
    I've got the Sprint case with full coverage Phantomskinz installed. Have had it for about 3 days. The slide open has gotten a bit easier since the beginning, but still I need to use 2 hands. For me that's not a problem.
    I tried the sprint case with the phantomskinz and I did have the ripple effect. I removed the case and now there are no problems...