1.    #1  
    i've had the black innocase on my phone for about 2 months now. i very recently popped it off to do an inspection, and i thought it might be a good time for a follow up review

Amazingly, I haven't really dropped the phone since I put the case on. Maybe it's the tackiness of the cover, but it hasn't slipped off or anything. Accordingly, there are no visible marks to the outside of the case. It has picked up some dust, and the smudges appear often on the back case, but these are easily wiped off.

Examining the shell removed from the phone, there are some places where the tacky texture has stripped away (specifically along the edge of the top piece nearest the usb door. Not entirely surprising, and not particularly bad.

The clips all appear to be in good shape. I haven't had any problem taking the case off, and it does not appear as though the clips have worn or are particularly fragile.

Examining the inside, there is a great deal of "pocket dust" that has accumulated on the corners. It would probably be wise to do a periodic cleaning.

Some time ago, I taped the soft insert to the back inside of the case so it wouldn't slide up and interfere with the camera lens. It appears to be in good shape.

Now to look at the phone. It does not appear as though there is any discernible gaping in the two pieces of the phone as a result of using the case. This is good. I was worried about this. Damn, but this phone does look MUCH better naked than it does fulled cased.

There is some damage to the corner of the lower piece of the phone itself. Nothing major, but it looks like where there may have been some rubbing inside the case between this corner and case itself. This is disappointing. I imagine it's because of the tight fit and the sliding of the case up and down for three months causing a slight movement of the tight fitting case against this corner. Oh well.

Case snaps back on as easily as the first time. Build quality of the total device with the case on feels as substantial as it did on the first day.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS: Good case. Much better than the rocketfish case that barely made it out of the box before it was back on the shelf of Best Buy. I'm a little disappointed in the scratch on the phone, but it's not entirely unexpected. Not sure if it was worth the $30 or whatever, but it has done it's job well. I'd buy it again.

This Thread is Worthless without Pics!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mw03 View Post
    i've had the black innocase on my phone for about 2 months now.
    It lasted that long? That's gotta be a record!
    Yeah I have I have some scratches on mine too, that's why I take it off once a week to clean out the dust. Are you going to keep it on there? How's the condition of everyone else's pre with an Innocase? Are there scratches? Slidder gaps?
    Last edited by rem_kujawa; 10/08/2009 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mw03 View Post
    There is some damage to the corner of the lower piece of the phone itself.

Huh? The "lower piece?" You mean the battery cover? Or one of the bottom front corners on the face?
    i have the phantom skin on the front and the inno case over that and i have no damage at all i love my set up, it works well. besides a little dust im good.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I just took mine off this weekend I'm starting to get a faint rub mark where the case sits. So right not I just have the seideo USG on it. and use a case logic hip case, all though it was for my pre with the innocase. I might have to get a smaller one for with out.
    No pictures, and cryptic descriptions...this thread is becoming pretty worthless. "The corner of the lower piece." "Faint rub mark where the case sits."

Is anyone else having a hard time picturing what parts of the phone people are talking about here? It's gonna be hard to improve a product without knowing if there is a common problem with it, and where. Now, if this thread wasn't exactly meant to be helpful, but merely to say, "Great case, but it will damage your phone," then ok, I guess it's served its purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    No pictures, and cryptic descriptions...this thread is becoming pretty worthless. "The corner of the lower piece." "Faint rub mark where the case sits."

Is anyone else having a hard time picturing what parts of the phone people are talking about here? It's gonna be hard to improve a product without knowing if there is a common problem with it, and where. Now, if this thread wasn't exactly meant to be helpful, but merely to say, "Great case, but it will damage your phone," then ok, I guess it's served its purpose.
    Mine is on the top half of the pre, its leaving a ring from the edge of the Innocase all the way around it. And its not from dust and dirt I clean it out fairly regularly.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Mine is on the top half of the pre, its leaving a ring from the edge of the Innocase all the way around it. And its not from dust and dirt I clean it out fairly regularly.
    Ah, gotcha; now that, I can understand! I wish the OP would expain their post, though he/she didn't mention the same issue as you. Weird. Seems like Seidio could maybe soften the edges more, or use more of the thin foam they include with the back piece.
    my seidio bit the dust yesterday. Clip snapped off!!! Agh. I emailed the company so well see if the replace. I hope so.
    seidio is top notch
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    A clip randomly broke off my top case a little after 2 months on my case with no abuse what so ever nor any drops, so I called up seidio and they sent a replacement a week later. Couldnt be happier with the case, but more importantly their Customer Service.
    So, in keeping with the thread, did those of you who have received/are awaiting replacement cases notice any damage to your Pres when you removed your broken Innocase?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    My tabs broke on one corner this weekend. Case is now useless as it doesn't stay on. Emailed Seidio to find out if it can be replaced. Bought mine on July 17 so may not be so lucky. Just sucks as a case that's 3 months old and cost $30 doesn't last.

We shall see how Seidio handles.. Fingers crossed..!
    seidio is my go to company. The sent me a replacement case so I'm in good shape. I love this company... Amazing customer service.