1.    #1  
    Hiya!

Has anyone used the Plantronics Voyager 855? I am looking for a bluetooth headset that can do both mono (for when I am sitting at work listening to pandora, but still want to look professional :-) ) and stereo for the other times.

I THINK this headset will work ok, but wanted to ask if anyone here has tried it on the Pre.

Also, can you confirm that the charger connection is Micro USB like the Pre?

Thanks!
    nb

edit: I just found a review that confirms it is standard Micro USB.
    Last edited by biggnaa20; 10/07/2009 at 03:06 PM.
    I used the 855 for a while until I left it in my jeans pocket and it went through the washer and dryer. It still sounds fine to me but people can barely hear me.

so, as long as you keep it out of the washer you will probably really like it. The sound quality was good (for bluetooth) in both call mode and stereo mode. Battery life was good. I really liked that I could use it either with or without the extra ear piece. You can even use it in A2DP mode in just one ear. I did that all the time for listening to podcasts with drpodder. 31.50 at Amazon with free ship is a great deal compared to the logitech or Sony choices. Go for it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Homie View Post
    I used the 855 for a while until I left it in my jeans pocket and it went through the washer and dryer. It still sounds fine to me but people can barely hear me.

so, as long as you keep it out of the washer you will probably really like it. The sound quality was good (for bluetooth) in both call mode and stereo mode. Battery life was good. I really liked that I could use it either with or without the extra ear piece. You can even use it in A2DP mode in just one ear. I did that all the time for listening to podcasts with drpodder. 31.50 at Amazon with free ship is a great deal compared to the logitech or Sony choices. Go for it.
    Done and ordered. Thanks for taking the time to answer!
    nb