Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    JVC KD-PDR80
    Bluetooth add-on module (BTA200)

Shows battery
    Shows signal strength
    Shows Caller ID
    Downloads phonebook/contacts
    BT Audio with Pandora/Net2Streams lite/Gas Passer App (my 4 year old loves this)

Have not tested Navigation yet.
    Just wanted to update the status of the JVC KD-R800:

For navigation - if I am playing Pandora/MP3/other music, Sprint Nav will mute the music for audio announcements (if enabled). I'm presuming that this is how the Pre handles things, so I think it would be redundant to state if it works across different head units. BTW, in my wife's van, I use the AUX in port to play music, and if using Sprint Nav, it will do the same thing of muting the currently playing music to give any voice prompts.
  3.    #23  
    I ordered the cd5030 after all. I will update how it goes. Anyone else have any other stereos to add to the list?
    Anyone with feedback on the Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT?

edit: Thanks Scoobdude...its fixed.
    Last edited by BMIC50; 11/10/2009 at 02:19 PM. Reason: corrected URL
  5.    #25  
    bmic50: just fyi your link is going to a different deck than you are asking about
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    All Pioneer decks work perfectly with the Pre. The AVIC series need an update though to resolve issues.

My DEH-P7100BT works perfectly, no issues at all except I can't change songs while playing music (which I don't really care about anyway since I don't play music from it).
    What about this Pioneer AVIC-U310BT unit? It has built-in Bluetooth with A2DP. I dont care for the Navigation aspect, but the layout looks clean and uncluttered. You said all Pioneers work, but are you certain about this one?
    Kenwood DNX6140

Shows battery
    Shows signal strength
    Shows Caller ID
    Downloads contacts (up to 1000)
    BT Audio with Pandora, Accuradio, Gas Passer App, and every other audio
    Pioneer DEH-6100BT: OK those of you familiar, I asked about the Pioneer 800 the other day. Long story short I ended up with this model in a 2004 Ford Expedition & 2002 VW Passat. Picked it up on Amazon for $197 each. Just set it up today & will post what is working.

1) Hands free is working perfect. I could hear people clear & had the same response from several people today. It is not truly hands free in that I need to end the call on the phone and dial from the phone. (No voice dialing). I did not buy the kit to hook up to the steering wheel, Sorry.

2) Pandora & AccuRadio worked without a hitch. However, when I get out of the car and back in I did have to push play again on the phone. (I only did this through bluetooth. I have not attempted to hook up through USB or Aux).

3) Navigation worked with turn by turn voice.

4) Phone Book synced up.

5) Voice dial is not supported. I thought we needed Palm to give us this option? Do some of the radios have this function built in?

Overall I have only had this unit hooked up for about 4 hours and am happy. I know that BMIC50 wondered about the controls on the 800 unit. The 6100 has the same strange set up. I do not find it that difficult. However, it is different and I think I will use the remote included when needed anyhow.
    Good luck to everyone on shopping for the right stereo! I am happy for the price I paid and was amazed how good the sound is through bluetooth while listening to music. No need for me to buy a usb cable or aux cable. I am content with the bluetooth stereo. Hope this helps somebody!
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Eclipse CD3200:
    Was able to connect with the Pre for A2DP audio only, and the connecting was not consistent - sometimes it would connect right away, and sometimes it would not connect at all.

Was not able to make calls through the Pre, either (but it did work with my old Treo 800w.)
    I've not had any problems with my CD3200. I get both BT audio, and hands free connection no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    All Pioneer decks work perfectly with the Pre. The AVIC series need an update though to resolve issues.

My DEH-P7100BT works perfectly, no issues at all except I can't change songs while playing music (which I don't really care about anyway since I don't play music from it).
    The newer ones might, but my 9800 does not. It works for the phone, but not for the BT audio. This has been a common problem on this 9800, with multiple phones. The phone thinks it's connected properly, but I never get audio from the HU when trying to use BT audio.

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Anyone with feedback on the Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT?

edit: Thanks Scoobdude...its fixed.
    I played with that one in the store, and got my Pre to work with everything I tried to do. BT Audio, calls, phonebook all seemed to work great.
    I'm looking to set up just A2DP HU and using a touchstone as a mount for my phone. Any one have an Ideas on making this possible on a budget? I need a new HU for my car, mine does not do BT.
    I too am interested in the 800BT. Problem is finding a good but cheap mouting kit available for double din in a 2000 Maxima. In the meantime I bought a Jabra Crusier handsfree device at Costco for $69. If you get a good connection w/ the FM transmitter, you wonder if you need to get the new stereo!! (Big IF however.)
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerbrothersstudio View Post
    I'm looking to set up just A2DP HU and using a touchstone as a mount for my phone. Any one have an Ideas on making this possible on a budget? I need a new HU for my car, mine does not do BT.
    What is your budget? Start at crutchfield.com They have the most info on the HU available right now. Then start shopping around

Quote Originally Posted by whippingboy
    I too am interested in the 800BT. Problem is finding a good but cheap mouting kit available for double din in a 2000 Maxima. In the meantime I bought a Jabra Crusier handsfree device at Costco for $69. If you get a good connection w/ the FM transmitter, you wonder if you need to get the new stereo!! (Big IF however.)
    There is a big diff in the T505 through an Alpine deck and the Eclipse CD5030. No static, plus source volume control means switching to another source does not blast your ears. Also crutchfield does supply the accessories on most cars for free on orders over 129 or something like that. Also arn;t maxima's ISO mount? I know my wife has a 95 na dit was not problem on hers for the 2 i have installed so far. Just to brackets that mount to the sides.

And sorry for slacking guys, i will try to update the 1st post and drop my review of the CD5030 later tonight. Still figuring where to put stuff and quirks etc. i will also try to post the links to the diff headunits to their crutchfield page in case people want to read more about the diff units.

p.s. damn i sound like a sales man for crutchfield huh? In all fairness i did by mine through them cause of the install kit and harness (alpine had 2 piece harness that i would not be able to reuse) even though the unit is available on amazon for 245ish.
    Last edited by scoobdude; 11/16/2009 at 05:55 PM.
    I've done some searchin on line, and talking to some people over at the radio shack and it looks like for the price this is my best bet.

Connects2 BTAV01 A2DP Bluetooth MP3 Player Adaptor 44.99 including VAT. BTAV01. Buy discounted car audio online at In-Car Express

it is a bluetooth A2DP receiver with RCA out thay can run to my HU. Has anyone tried this type of adapter before? Is the sound quality decent? Any other issues? Let me know what youguys think.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokerbrothersstudio View Post
    I've done some searchin on line, and talking to some people over at the radio shack and it looks like for the price this is my best bet.

Connects2 BTAV01 A2DP Bluetooth MP3 Player Adaptor 44.99 including VAT. BTAV01. Buy discounted car audio online at In-Car Express

it is a bluetooth A2DP receiver with RCA out thay can run to my HU. Has anyone tried this type of adapter before? Is the sound quality decent? Any other issues? Let me know what youguys think.

If its just A2DP, why not just run a patch cable to your stereo? (rca to 3.5mm plug). However if you plan to use it for HFP then you may want to look at other options as well. Plus the A2DP connection is kind of hit or miss so i would still say patch cable if nothing else due to consistency.

You may want to also look at other things offered my motorola and jabra. Most of those offer both profile support as well as changing your music from the external unit, however sound quality is hit or miss here.
    Kenwood FH-P800bt

Works great with the pre.
    - a2dp does not come up automatically, but handsfree does. I like this decoupling, as you can listen to sprintnav turn by turn if you happen to be tuned to a source other than bluetooth audio. Tuning to the bluetooth audio source will then connect to the pre, and it will then stay up until you manually disconnect it.
    - handsfree works well, and audio is reported to be clear on the other end, from tests with my dad.
    - phonebook transfer works well, and dialling from the phonebook is straightforward and useful vs. some other units I've used.
    - you can control the phone's media stream from the bluetooth audio source (pause, play, stop). Very cool!

Overall, I'm really pleased with the bluetooth on this unit. It doesn't have the best FM tuner in the world, however, and the sound is a little harsh with stock speakers in my '04 subaru WRX wagon.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Does anyone have experience with the Alpine CDE-103BT?
    Clarion CX-609 works very well. The incoming and outgoing voice quality is great, A2DP is great, basic controls work (next/previous track, etc). Phone book syncs properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Alpine CDE-103BT?
    The specs on it list only HFP (Hands-Free Profile) and HSP (Head Set Profile) so it would only work for phone, not streaming audio and playback controls (requiring the A2DP and AVRCP profiles). Now that Parrot is doing Alpine's Bluetooth for them I would expect the call quality and compatibility to be excellent.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    I posted this a few months ago about the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT in dash navigation system. Full voice dialing by contact name or number, Pandora, hands free, it's all great.

AVIC-Z110BT software version 1.00 right out of the box
    Palm Pre Web OS 1.1.0 and Firmware version CC1.2(334)

I've been using the Palm Pre with the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT for the past
    couple weeks and I must say that the two are wonderfully compatible through
    bluetooth hands free and bluetooth audio.

When I first paired the phone to the headunit I did a search from the
    headunit. It found the Palm Pre and the phone asked me to put in the
    password. I entered 1111 and within a moment the two were paired. After
    another moment on the phone a message popped up saying that the Pioneer
    Navi system would like access to the contact list. Allow or disallow? I
    allowed this to happen and the phone book transferred to the AVIC-Z110BT.
    Just like that. One note on phone book transfer - in my system the phone
    book transferred backwards. Or first name last and last name first. If
    this does not work for you, it's an easy fix, just go to the contact list
    in the Pre and change the name display order and it will transfer the way
    you like it.

The Palm Pre and the Pioneer AVIC-Z110 auto reconnect every time I get back into and start my car.

So far in my experience voice dialing any name in the phone book works
    beautifully. It's very intuitive and easy to use. Of course microphone
    placement is critical for good performance. I put my microphone on the
    headliner right by the rear view mirror. This way both the driver and front
    seat passenger can be part of the conversation if needed. The people on
    the remote end of the phone call have told me the sound quality is
    excellent, and that certainly is the case in my car. The Palm Pre also has
    a cancel blue tooth button when you are on a call so that you can go to a
    private call at the touch of a button. When a call is completed, the
    system goes back to the music source, no matter what the source, in a
    matter of a couple of seconds.

Additionally, both the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and the Palm Pre support the
    bluetooth profiles A2DP and AVRCP. These profiles allow the user to stream
    bluetooth audio from the phone to the headunit. I was not sold on this
    idea at first, but with some experimentation, I love it. First, the Palm
    Pre has internal memory where you can store audio files, just the same as
    any portable music player. When you play music from the Pre and it is
    connected to the AVIC-Z110 through bluetooth, you can select Bluetooth
    Audio as the source on the AVIC-Z110BT and you are listening to your music
    collection from your phone. No wires needed. Any playlist you have in your phone applies.
    Since both of these devices support AVRCP, you can play, pause, skip
    forward or back using the AVIC-Z110BT. No need to touch the phone at all.
    One note, with my phone, you need to use the hard keys on the front of the
    AVIC-Z110BT to skip forward and back between songs on the phone.

But, just playing songs I have stored on my phone is not enough, I want to
    stream songs from Pandora Internet radio, through my Palm Pre and to my
    AVIC-Z110BT. Just start the Pandora application on the Pre select your
    personal radio station and hit play. Select Bluetooth Audio as your source
    on the AVIC-Z110BT and you are in business. It's that simple and it works
    great. You can skip forward a song but not backward when streaming songs
    from Pandora. That's a limitation to Pandora, not the phone or the
    headunit. Remember to use the hard keys on the face of the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT.

One note on audio quality when using the Bluetooth Audio source. The
    recording quality of the original file, either on the phone or streamed
    over the internet, is critical to overall sound quality. Or, as the saying
    goes, "garbage in, garbage out". On the Palm Pre, the volume button on the
    phone plays a big part in audio quality for the system. When using two
    audio devices in conjunction like this, you have to use one as a source and
    the second as a gain control for a preamp. For me, turning the volume on
    the Pre up to near but not all the way to the max, gives me the best audio
    quality for the system. You should experiment with your system for best
    results. By the way, this applies to phone calls as well as BT Audio. Use the volume control on the phone to find the sweet spot.

At first, I was not able to get the two to connect under the BT Audio
    source. Then I discovered and import step that I missed. When the phone is
    first registered with the AVIC-Z110BT, I selected hands free only instead
    of BT Audio and Hands Free. Once I went back to the registration screen on
    the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and selected both BT Audio and Hands Free, I was in business.

What happens when you get a call while you are listening to a song from Pandora and streaming through the BT Audio source? Exactly what should happen. When the phone rings, the song goes on pause, and you can answer the call in hands free mode, just as though you were listening to Sirius/XM or a CD. When the call is complete, press the red hang up button and the music from Pandora comes right back where it left off. In coming or outgoing calls make no difference. These two system work great together, and I can not recommend them highly enough.

By the way, I have had no trouble getting the Palm Pre and the Pioneer X series products to pair and voice dial. They seem to work great too. Though, I don't have as much experience with the X products as I do with the Z110BT.

The Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT and the Palm Pre. This is a match made in
    electronic heaven.
    Alpine W205 with Blackbird II

1) hand free profile: works
    2) stereo BT streaming audio: n/a
    3) Pandora: n/a
    4) Navigation: n/a
    5) phone book: syncs contacts, missed calls, and dialed calls
    6) voice dial: n/a
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast