1.    #1  
    I would like a short touchstone that can be mounted to the wall. Designed to be placed bedside (Doesn't stick out from the wall very much). Preferably designed to look like a round blob sticking out of the wall, blue tint transparent material that has a light inside (multiple colors selectable) for reading in bed (or night light) while the Palm Pre or Pixi is charging. Since this touchstone charger is rounded the charging Palm Pre or Pixi will be at an angle, perfect for running the (precentral.net/homebrew-apps/digiclock")DigiClock app effectively (and stylishly) giving me the best alarm clock I could ever have dreamed up. Final criteria is to make sure the charging pre can be in landscape position or vertical alignment with the touchstone. Please respond ti me at jeffreymblack @ msn.com
    Why not just get a regular old touchstone, and stick it to your wall?

The only thing you've asked for that it wouldn't do, is the crazy selectable color lighting, and since the backlight of the Pre stays on while charging, that's not much of an issue.
    Drill a couple of LED's on the side of the Touchstone and tie them into the circuit board. Maybe add a small switch to control the lights. The draw of the LED's shouldnt be too much to affect the Touchstone, but I could be wrong.
    I could make something like this, but I think you (and your wallet) would be better off sticking a touchstone and a reading light to the wall.

Although I will say that the multi-color lighting would be a nice touch... were you inspired by Philips' Ambilight?

Let's see... touchstone guts, custom case, power supply, high brightness white LED, microcontroller, Bluetooth for communication with the Pre, lots of RGB LEDs... Hey, I could make a couple payments on my boat!
    And while you're at it, if you could create a do-it-yourself touchstone back cover, that would be great!
    USB reading light would be at the correct voltage already
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyBlack View Post
    I would like a short touchstone that can be mounted to the wall. Designed to be placed bedside (Doesn't stick out from the wall very much). Preferably designed to look like a round blob sticking out of the wall, blue tint transparent material that has a light inside (multiple colors selectable) for reading in bed (or night light) while the Palm Pre or Pixi is charging. Since this touchstone charger is rounded the charging Palm Pre or Pixi will be at an angle, perfect for running the (precentral.net/homebrew-apps/digiclock")DigiClock app effectively (and stylishly) giving me the best alarm clock I could ever have dreamed up. Final criteria is to make sure the charging pre can be in landscape position or vertical alignment with the touchstone. Please respond ti me at jeffreymblack @ msn.com
    Are you for real? What color is the sky in your world?

Hey, whoever decides to take this A%$Clown up on his idea could you also find a cure for AIDS, a solution for world peace and workable cold fusion.
    Actually, BADD Flashlight stays on while on the touchstone. As another option : )