Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have my Pre paired to a BlueAnt Supertooth Light speakerphone unit in my car. When I get out of range of the Supertooth (i.e. leave the car) and come back, the Pre doesn't reconnect. I have to select the Supertooth from the list of devices again.

Is there a setting to have the Pre automatically reconnect to the last paired device when you get back within range?

My old Sony Ericsson would chime when I got in the car (telling me it had connected) and chime when I walked away (telling me it had disconnected) and I never had to take it out of my bag.

The Supertooth is the only BT device I have paired with my Pre and the only device within range, so it's not like the Pre should be confused about which device to connect to.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    This may be new with 1.2. I think that this has to do with battery conservation. Spending all day trying to connect to a device that is not in range isn't good for battery life.

I'd like to see BT auto-connect settings:
    1) Never, 2) Always, and 3) When battery is > 90%
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I hadn't really thought about battery life.

I guess I assumed that the BT device was sending out an "available" signal that the phone recieved, not the phone searching for it.

A new hands free law goes into effect here Jan 1, which I'm annoyed about already, and I'd rather not have to remember to tell the dumb thing to connect every time I get in the car.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    @rinkrat19
    Are you running 1.2.x? Did it change from before?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I'm running 1.2.1. It didn't auto-connect just by getting within range before the update, either.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i lose connection randomly and it takes forever for my pre to find the devices. i have my motorola h12 and a backbeat. i push the pause button on the backbeat and then i hear a beep from the backbeat and i lose connection. the pre says it is still connected but its not.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    This problem is killing me! I have tried 3 different Plantronics and one of them was on the list of verified BT from Palm. I have also tried the Parrot carkit and its all the same thing. I can connect to the phone and when the phone goes into sleep mode, it disconnects with the BT headset. I have to shut off the BT and try and reconnect the headset. The last straw was using the verified Plantronics and getting the same results. I know for some BT is a small issue but for me it is big and looking at my wifes Hero makes me wanna switch. I just dont understand how it is this problem cant easily be fixed. Oh and another issue with it is that once I shut the BT headset off, the phone wont recognize it and will continue to be in BT mode and if I use the phone I have to shut off the BT connection in order to use the phone. I had a Diamond and it never had an issue with connecting or reconnecting with the BT. I hope this gets fixed soon, if not, Yeah, Im jumping ship, and Yes I do love the phone.
    Same problem here. I have a Moto H690, and if I charge it, turn it off or go out of range for too long the Pre will not connect to it. In the end I have to redetect it to get it connected again. This definitely began after either the 1.2 or 1.2.1 upgrade, I did not have this problem in 1.1.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    1.2 and 1.2.1 didnt fix any bluetooth issues at all. im glad im not the only one who has these connection issues. my backbeat wont turn on right now i think the pre messed it up cause it disconnected on it.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Could some homebrewer come up with a patch to make our Pre's reconnect with paired bluetooth accessories? That would be a great patch.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I have a backbeat 909 that works well with the Pre
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    1.3.1 update has solved some of my bluetooth issues. seems to connect to my devices very quickly and recognizes when i turn the bluetooth headsets off.