Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So i ended up calling sprint. i got a airewave for free and no monthly charge due to where I live. So I have a question for you....How long did it take for you to get one? I was told it was on back order and I would have it by now. Its now been about a month and no dice. I call up sprint and I keep getting the run around. "Its on back order and we dont know when it will be sent out". While I understand its free Iam not happy. Im not able to use my phone at home. So I need to drive about 20 minutes in order to check messages and so on. I have been with Sprint for 10 years. Iam a Prm customer. They are not helping ><. Anyone have this issue or any thoughts on where to go from here? Local stores dont even have them....
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Ive had mine a month now and did not experience the back order issue. I would contact retention and advise them of how long you have waited and see if they can push the issue.
  3.    #3  
    Alright thanks Damigs. I will keep that in mind!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I got mine within 3 days. I called retention and told them I needed to cancel because I can't get a good signal at home.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs View Post
    Ive had mine a month now and did not experience the back order issue. I would contact retention and advise them of how long you have waited and see if they can push the issue.
    Hey Damigs!!

As you said I called that number. I told them what happend. The guy on the phone didnt even see an airwave on order for me. Turns out the rep who ordered it for me did not do it right. So He did the order with me on the phone and gave me the tracking number. Now IT IS on order. I can track it online! Also they gave me $100 credit on my account for the issue . Customer support was good an I'm now a happy camper!

Thanks again man!
    It took about 3 weeks for mine to arrive...they also said it was on back order. I've had it about 3 weeks now and it works great.
  7.    #7  
    I'm glad to hear that they work great! I cant wait to get mine! I really need it for work! I got rid of a free work phone to pay my own to own the Palm Pre.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Hey Damigs!!

As you said I called that number. I told them what happend. The guy on the phone didnt even see an airwave on order for me. Turns out the rep who ordered it for me did not do it right. So He did the order with me on the phone and gave me the tracking number. Now IT IS on order. I can track it online! Also they gave me $100 credit on my account for the issue . Customer support was good an I'm now a happy camper!

Thanks again man!
    awesome man!! Glad you got someone useful on the line and was able to get you squared up. Glad it all worked out and best of luck. Enjoy your new toy!!
    You have to have wifi or something to use this right? I get my internet via a data card -- nothing else available out here -- no dsl no nothing. I can't use the airwave, right?
  10. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandystreasures View Post
    You have to have wifi or something to use this right? I get my internet via a data card -- nothing else available out here -- no dsl no nothing. I can't use the airwave, right?
    I'm pretty sure you plug it into your broadband...at least I think that's what I was told

Mine arrives tomorrow and I had to wait about 3+ weeks for it.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    When retentions called me up after they sent an engineer out to survey my area, they offered to ship the free Airave out to me the next day.. I asked them if I could pick it up in a Sprint store instead, and the representative asked me which store, she called up the store to make sure it was in stock and then told me I could just go down and pick it up.
  12.    #12  
    It does plug into your internet router. So you will need a new modem.

As far as picking one up in the store. My local store doesn't have any . I went to check. I did get a confirm they sent my out though so Iam getting real happy!
    Mine is up and "pinging" now. Can't say running yet. Had GPS issue so plugged GPS unit in and set next to it and that issue is fine now. Just waiting for unit to finish setup. Been about 2 hours now. Hate the looks of it though. It is f'n white. Everything I have is piano gloss black....ugg. Going to have to vinyl it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I got mine a few months ago and Sprint just called me the other day to ask me how it was working out. I told them we had a defective unit at first but a tech came out and replaced it. They then asked me if I still needed it and would mine giving it back. Seriously... I'm not kidding. I just laughed and hung up.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    It does plug into your internet router. So you will need a new modem.

As far as picking one up in the store. My local store doesn't have any . I went to check. I did get a confirm they sent my out though so Iam getting real happy!
    Ah, as I suspected -- only have laptop with datacard, so I guess I will continue to have to walk outside to talk on the phone when I'm at home. While my husband and his cheap/inexpensive Razr has perfect service from anywhere in the house.

Can't figure that out.
  16. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    just got mine plugged in about 30-45min ago....how long did the setup process take for some others?

and my GPS light was still solid red so I plugged the external antenna in....I hope that helps.
    3 hours so far ....still waiting
    I got retentions to say they'd credit my account for the Airave. Then I went to a Sprint store and picked one up. I sent an e-mail to the person I'd spoken with at retentions and he immediately put a credit on my account for $100. He even comped me the $4.99/mth charge for the first 2 years for my trouble.
    Terry Rodecker

Palm Pilot -> Palm V -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> 700wx -> ppc6700 -> BB 8830 -> Pre -> iPhone (company requirement) -> TouchPad
    OMG! waited 5 hours. And still had a blinking system red light on the Airave. Turned it off and back on. It linked up in 5 mins. Now I went from 0-1 bars to a full 5 bars! Made a call and it really works. Now I can stay warm this winter on the phone by talking inside the house. Who would have ever thought you could talk in the house. Wow this cell phone thing might catch on some day...lol
  20. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    okay...not easy, but finally got it set up.

the problem was that our router and pc are in the master bedroom at the back of the house about 15-20 feet from the nearest window....I could not get a gps signal that would hold...if I stretched the gps antenna to the window it immediately locked on to a signal(but the cord was stretched across the middle of the room)...if I tried to bring it back to the pc desk I lost the signal.

so, up to the attic I went with 3 wire hangers stretched out and taped together...I pushed the hangers down along the internet coaxial cable that comes down from the attic and with me in the attic moving the hanger around, my wife was finally able to pull it through the hole where the cable comes in from the wall.

I tied a string to the hanger and pulled it up...tied the gps antenna cable to the string and pulled it down...routed it up under the desk, plugged it in the airave and BAM...instant gps signal!!

I now get 5 bars in the bedroom...3 bars down the hall in the living room....and 2 bars(but still enough to maintain a call) in the family room about 60-75ft from the airave...we live in a single story ranch house...I wish I got more bars in the family room, but as long as I can make/receive calls, I'm happy!!...and it was free, and the monthly charges are waived.

sprint helped me take care of a weak signal problem that I've had since we moved here...and also thanks to folks on this forum that helped me find out about a product I didn't even know existed!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast