Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Well it would be pretty foolish of them to ship the Veer without TS compatibility out of the box considering their USB/headphone adapter method for it.
    Not sure what the magnetic connector on the side has to do with TS... But I agree it is a good marketing move to ship it with the TS cover included.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    The back of the veer is not user removable so it has to have touchstone built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Not sure what the magnetic connector on the side has to do with TS... But I agree it is a good marketing move to ship it with the TS cover included.
    I think Orion's point is that the mag connector/adapter is cumbersome compared to a standard microUSB port, so the Veer had better ship with the Touchstone back, giving customers an easier method to charge (and an incentive to drop bucks on a TS).

EDIT: Oversteer325's post reminds me that there's no such thing as a non-Touchstone back for the Veer, since it's non-removable. Good!
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    I think Orion's point is that the mag connector/adapter is cumbersome compared to a standard microUSB port, so the Veer had better ship with the Touchstone back, giving customers an easier method to charge (and an incentive to drop bucks on a TS).
    Ah, that argument again. I found the flap over the standard microUSB port on my Pixi to be extremely cumbersome, which is what drove me to the TS in the first place. If my Pixi had the magnetic connector, I might not have been so fast to get a TS. So I guess it depends on how you look at it.
    Last edited by Syndil; 02/18/2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    For phones without a compatible back cover there's a micro usb plug from the mat to the phone.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Yeah, I tried that one too. For some reason it doesn't work with my Pre. I was able to use the connector on my iPod, but when I use it on my Pre, it does nothing. I'm not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    The Touchstone does stop charging when it should. All li-ion batteries have protection circuitry to prevent overcharging. If they didn't, batteries would be exploding all over the place. Are you talking about something more involved than that?

I didn't know that. When I have my Pre on the touchstone, when it get's to 100%, the screen is still on so I figuered it was still charging.

However, earlier today I used the powermat on my HTC Touch Pro, and when the battery was full the powermat shutoff & the charging light on my touch pro shutoff as well. As if it was not even plugged in. So that's what I was hoping the touchstone would do too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12