1.    #1  
    Will the touchstone scratch the back of your phone up when placing it on/off of the surface of the stone? I'm thinking about getting one but don't want the back of my phone all marked up from using it...yes I'm aware it comes with a special backing to use with the stone but I don't want that scratched up either. Call me crazy but I take care of my things.

Thanks.
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
    Not at all. Mine goes on and off a touchstone a dozen times a day...since I have one at work and three at home (the latter shared with my wife and daughter)...and the back of my Pre is pristine. The part of the back that is exposed (i.e., the external part) is plastic...with a matte finish...and fairly rugged.

cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 10/05/2009 at 03:09 PM.
    Normally, I'd say no need to worry - the touchstone has a felt surface and the matte finish of the back cover doesn't show minor scratches.

Given how crazy you've gone over a little light leakage, however, you might want to avoid troubling yourself with this risk. The back of the phone will eventually wear from contact with the touchstone.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    no you will be ok, but like Sini said, anything used over and over again will always begin to show. By the time you will need a new one, paying fifteen bucks or so will not seem that bad.
    There are also cases out there that work with the touchstone. I know most Sprint stores carry and hard case that comes in two colors, silver and red, that have a special spot where the TS sits. Ive used one (doesnt fit in pouch) and it works well with the TS.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiniStereO View Post
    Normally, I'd say no need to worry - the touchstone has a felt surface and the matte finish of the back cover doesn't show minor scratches.

Given how crazy you've gone over a little light leakage, however, you might want to avoid troubling yourself with this risk. The back of the phone will eventually wear from contact with the touchstone.
    LOL dude I didn't have "a little light leakage", I could have read a book in the dark with the amount of light that was coming out of the thing.

Also...

#1. I heard rumors that when using the touchstone the backlight on the phone stays on, has this been corrected with a OS update to the phone or was there no truth to this?

#2. Is it normal for the stone to create a slight buzz sound when in use? I've heard others complain about this as well-that would totally be a return point for me lol.

Thanks for the answers everyone!
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    LOL dude I didn't have "a little light leakage", I could have read a book in the dark with the amount of light that was coming out of the thing.

Also...

#1. I heard rumors that when using the touchstone the backlight on the phone stays on, has this been corrected with a OS update to the phone or was there no truth to this?

#2. Is it normal for the stone to create a slight buzz sound when in use? I've heard others complain about this as well-that would totally be a return point for me lol.

Thanks for the answers everyone!
    #1 There's a homebrew app (Brighness Unlinked) that'll allow you to use the TS without the backlight. Though the app has to be running or you can tell it to run in the background. Better than nothing but not ideal.

#2 I've read that too but mine is silent..
  7.    #7  
    I'm kinda confused, what exactly stays lit up on the screen when you have it on the stone?
    Well, if the phone is on, you see the screen. If it is off, you see a dimmed version of the screen with the time displayed...as well as any notifications that have shown up...although you can configure the pre not to show notifications when it is on the stone if you would like. Personally, I like the displayed notifications, which is why I keep my Pre on a TS in my office. That way, I can just glance it at to see if a message has come in.