Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi,

I just got my charger stolen yesterday, and I need a new one. I don't want to pay $35 at sprint store. Does anyone know of any other place to get a replacement micro usb home charger? I don't need a car one.

Thanks
    You can start right here:

http://store.precentral.net/palm-pre...and-cables.htm

I have three of the Seidio chargers and they work great. Absolutely no issues at all on any of our Pre's.

You can also go to monoprice and get a micro USB cable of pretty much any length for under $2...and then add something like this:

For only $1.47 each when QTY 50+ purchased - High-Speed WALL Power to USB Female Converter (1000ma) - Black | Power to USB Converter

(needs to be 1000 mA...no less)

Total cost: under 4 beans.

That said, while the USB cables from monoprice work great, I have heard complaints about that charger...so I bought several Palm OEM wall chargers (without USB cable) off of eBay for $10 each.

cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 10/05/2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Or take a look at the Marketplace forum here.

Trim81 has wall chargers back in stock.
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter to convert the old Palm (centro, treo) charger connector into a micro-usb connector? I have several old Palm chargers and it would be great if I can use them with my PRE assuming that they generate at least 1000mA.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by egotten View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an adapter to convert the old Palm (centro, treo) charger connector into a micro-usb connector? I have several old Palm chargers and it would be great if I can use them with my PRE assuming that they generate at least 1000mA.

Thanks
    They don't.

But: try eBay, seller named reaganwireless. OEM Pre chargers and cables for $12.49. I bought one when they were $19.99