Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hello everybody!

I just got my Pre a few days ago and I think its awesome. However, the blue tooth audio streaming is definitely not. I can get it to stream and sync phone and music via my own collection or Pandora just fine. The sound quality is just terrible though. It sounds like its clipping and peaking and does not seem to be coming in stereo. The talking on the phone sounds fine though. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem or if anyone has a solution?

For the record, I tried re-pairing the devices and that did not seem to do anything..

Thanks ahead of time for your help

edit: Also, I searched the forum and could not find this issue elsewhere..
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Have you checked this link to see if others have trouble? If not, you can file a bug report:

Bluetooth Related Issues with Car kits regarding the Palm Pre - Bluetooth & WiFi - Palm Support Community
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Awesome link, I will check it out.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Turn your volume on the phone down a couple notches and turn your stereo up instead.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I tried that, did not seem to make a huge difference in quality. But I can give it another shot.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Turning the volume on the phone down and the stereo up did not work :-(.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Ah sorry, guess it's a bigger issue. That fixed the clipping with my LiquidAux.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Yeah..its weird, i cant find much info about this problem. The phone is stock as well, just updated to 1.2.1. hmmm...
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    You don't say what you're connection the phone to. Car kit? Brand?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Ah sorry. Its a 2010 Ford Focus with the newest Microsoft Sync software in it.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Yeah, not seeing the focus posted anywhere in that thread. You should make a post there. Also, if you can, try another device and make sure that BT streaming works fine. Could be a hardware issue with your radio.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTMat View Post
    Ah sorry. Its a 2010 Ford Focus with the newest Microsoft Sync software in it.
    Re streaming BT I have no problems with my Pre and synch streaming Pandora, or my personal songs on 2010 Lincoln MKZ however it doen not support text display.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am going to try to exchange my device today since I only got it like a week ago. Hopefully that will do the trick.
    whenever I drive a car with sync my bt audio sounds great with pandora
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Have you checked http://www.syncmyride.com to see if you're system needs upgrading. I know that SYNC ver 1.2 to 1.3 made a big difference.

My 08 Edge shipped with the ver 1.1.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Well I exchanged my phone and still had no luck. Could two phones be bad? Also, my friends iphone sounded awesome so it is not the car..hmm and yeah my sync is up to date. I am running out of ideas, this sucks..
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    In my opinion, 1.2 broke bluetooth. I'm having major issues with my bluetooth adapter too. Hopefully there's a patch coming up to get everything straightened out.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I am inclined to beleive your right. I did not get to test out my pre before 1.2.1 as I bought it the day that patch hit. However I have read a ton of posts about 1.2 and 1.2.1 breaking bluetooth for a lot of people. I sure hope they fix that soon! I also posted my issue on the palm message board last night....we'll see what happens. I really appreciate all of the help so far though!