Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    businesses dont own smartphones??? thats crazy to say.....blackberry was the business phone before but now that the palm pre and pixi are dirt cheap....its gonna happen
    who made the rule for 10 posts??? in order to touch a link or see it?
    I need help and now i have to post 10... welll now 7 more posts just to be able to get to the link I want to??? wow thats dumb
    i didnt buy this phone just to pump out 10 posts to click on some link
    does anybody ever look at these posts anyway??
    I like the ninja turtles
    whatchamacallit
    oh now I have to wait a few seconds before I can post it what a joke
    my favorite ninja turtle is ur mom
    see how pointless this is??
    I keep getting a message that says "Insert the disk that came with your Palm Novacom I don't know what to do just got my Pre today and was lookin forward to some home brews please help me

I just installed web os quick install v3.02
    and now it says i have in incorrect command line parameter??
    wat do i do??
    Am having trouble installing patches onto my pre, have installed WebOS Quick Install and successfully installed a few homebrew apps.

When I try to go into the tweaks section I am met with the message;
    "Tweaking requires both GNU Patch and Lsdiff installed to function. One or both of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?"

If I click ok to this nothing seems to happen, have tried closing WebOS Quick Install and trying again but same thing happens over and over.

Any suggestions...
    Quote Originally Posted by glanvog View Post
    Am having trouble installing patches onto my pre, have installed WebOS Quick Install and successfully installed a few homebrew apps.

When I try to go into the tweaks section I am met with the message;
    "Tweaking requires both GNU Patch and Lsdiff installed to function. One or both of these are missing from your device. Would you like to download and install them now?"

If I click ok to this nothing seems to happen, have tried closing WebOS Quick Install and trying again but same thing happens over and over.

Any suggestions...
    I see it's your first post, so here... you can ask your question in the forum run by the guys who created Preware and QI. The thread you posted in is old, and about a completely different subject.

Here is the thread that can help:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/
    You're *****ing about the device now because you didn't get your phantom skin.

Oh, the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    You're *****ing about the device now because you didn't get your phantom skin.

Oh, the community.
    Dude... this thread is from last year. The poster above revived it and posted off-topic. Just ignore the thread as it's dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by fsglfr View Post
    This device is a peace of S&*^&*t. I Have always had Palm devices. From the PDA to the Treo, and always love the easy user interface. This piece of work is to f N complicated. Palm has released the most measy device ever. This is a F N Joke, people. I feel this device really had a chance against Iphone, but with all the stuff going on with Apps, Itunes, user interface and the devices inabilities to do basic things such as text forwarding and video. I know Apple is sitting back and laughing at this site every time they read it. This site is just a place for people to make sense of the devices failures. I will have to seriesly look elswhere for simplicity. JOKE-Pre should be the new name for this device.
    Did you really say the Pre is too complicated? I don't think you should be using a smartphone. I heard the Razr is pretty nice..
    Quote Originally Posted by ncqueen09 View Post
    Can someone help me, I contacted them through email as well as called. No one answered my call and I haven’t received an email back. I was sent a confirmation email the 21st of September saying it was shipped that was the last I heard from them period. Maybe someone else has had this problem too….
    wow *** happened to this thread..

I ordered from them about 3 weeks ago nothing came, emailed them they said they will send me a new one if i dont get them a month after they shipped the product. My suggestion is email and phone them more
    First off, your steps take forever...this is more annoying than C++. Seriously, I've seen BluRay torrents download faster than this. And when you're all done....IT DOESN'T WORK!

NO!...It doesn't register that I have a Pixi (NOT A PRE!). No it doesn't auto-install Novacom, and when I click reinstall, it says Service Removed. I try to delete it, and turn UAC off on Windows 7 to do so, and it says I don't have enough access, try again? So what do I do?

Half your guide is wrong...for instance, it's not Tools, Options, Activate Novacom Reinstillation...it is File, Options, Activate Novacom Reinstallation. How can you get this type of stuff wrong if you are a software developer?

Fix your guide...this clearly doesn't work with Windows 7 or Vista. Next time make your guide more versatile, for people that aren't living in the dark ages using XP.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by chr1saz View Post
    First off, your steps take forever...this is more annoying than C++. Seriously, I've seen BluRay torrents download faster than this. And when you're all done....IT DOESN'T WORK!

NO!...It doesn't register that I have a Pixi (NOT A PRE!). No it doesn't auto-install Novacom, and when I click reinstall, it says Service Removed. I try to delete it, and turn UAC off on Windows 7 to do so, and it says I don't have enough access, try again? So what do I do?

Half your guide is wrong...for instance, it's not Tools, Options, Activate Novacom Reinstillation...it is File, Options, Activate Novacom Reinstallation. How can you get this type of stuff wrong if you are a software developer?

Fix your guide...this clearly doesn't work with Windows 7 or Vista. Next time make your guide more versatile, for people that aren't living in the dark ages using XP.

Thanks.
    Huh?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast