Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I've been searching the forum, but I can't seem to find anything on this. I have a '07 Nissan Sentra with bluetooth and everytime I pickup a call, there would be a 2-5 second delay before I can hear the caller. When I answer the call, I can start talking practically instantly and the person on the line can hear me, but I can't hear anything even if the person is talking to me...after a few seconds the sound kicks in and I can hear the person. I tend to catch the last half of sentences once it finally connects.

I used to have a Motorola Q and it worked flawlessly. I saw there were some issues with sound quality for Nissans and Infiniti's with 1.1 and improvements with 1.2. But I couldn't find any complaints of a delay. I also have an LG headset that I use at home and I've never had a problem with delays. It's only with my car's bluetooth.

Has anyone run into this issue? It's very frustrating.
    I don't know how long the delay is, but I know there is a little delay, because it first tells the system to pause and mute radio/CD/etc play then it reroutes the audio portion back thru the system.

a headset won't have any delay as they usually aren't playing music, etc.

Mic pickup would probably be "hot" nearly instantly since that's a separate component of the system and bluetooth module.

(I'm assuming you are talking about a factory installed system and not aftermarket)
    I'm seeing something similar to that in my 2007 G35 sedan without the nav package. Unfortunately 1.2 didn't seem to fix it for me either. I also have a delay before the audio is routed to the stereo when I make a call. And none of this happened with my previous phone.

It seems like most people with Infinitis have the nav package. As far as I can tell, cars with nav had the static problem, whereas cars without nav have the delay problem and sometimes another problem with the phone not unpairing when you turn the car off, which I'm also seeing. I imagine that it's a similar situation for recent Nissans. So that's probably why you haven't heard much from anyone else about this.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I just found it weird that my previous phones wouldn't have any delay when answering, but I do with the Pre. At least I know other people are having the same problem and it's not just my phone. I guess I'll just have wait a few seconds before I start speaking...

Thanks!
    FYI - I still have trouble with the phone not unpairing when you turn the car off. This is still after the 1.2 upgrade. My car is a Nissan Maxima 2008 w/ Factory Nav. I've used almost every new sprint PDA in my vehicle (Treo 755p, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Diamond, Blackberry 8830, BB8330, BB8350i, Treo 700wx, Treo 800wx) and none of these have had this problem. I'm still hoping for a fix because right now it is a pain in the **** to even use my factory BT with the Pre....palm please fix this!!!
    I have the 2009 Nissan Altima with Factory Nav (Bose Sound). I have only just started using the BT again after the 1.2 update fixed the crackle issues. I didn't notice either the unpairing or delay problems, but it may have occurred, I will check, thanks for the post.
    Having used the BT for a few weeks, I think I can safely say that I haven't had any of the described issues. (09 Nissan Altima Nav/Bose) BT icon greys pretty quickly after I turn my car off. When making or receiving a call, I haven't noticed any delay between pickup and when someone can hear me or I can hear them. The only slight issue I notice at all is that with my old phone, BT paired up just after my nav boot screen went off, with the Pre, I am sometimes driving before they pair, not a deal breaker for me though.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimfeld View Post
    I'm seeing something similar to that in my 2007 G35 sedan without the nav package. Unfortunately 1.2 didn't seem to fix it for me either. I also have a delay before the audio is routed to the stereo when I make a call. And none of this happened with my previous phone.

It seems like most people with Infinitis have the nav package. As far as I can tell, cars with nav had the static problem, whereas cars without nav have the delay problem and sometimes another problem with the phone not unpairing when you turn the car off, which I'm also seeing. I imagine that it's a similar situation for recent Nissans. So that's probably why you haven't heard much from anyone else about this.
    I, too, have a 2007 G35 without the nav, and I thought that after 1.2.0 my Bluetooth was working great! Then it seemed that 1.2.1 brought the delay back again. And I am also noting the phone not unpairing. I have to remind myself to choose "Normal" in the output audio icon in the lower left corner on the phone screen. I hope this gets fixed, but I love the car, and I love the phone, so I live with it.