1.    #1  
    I just accidentally threw my Pre charger in the washing machine with clothes (dont ask ).... Can it be salvaged if it dries out, or is it going to ruin my phone by sending the wrong charge or shorting something out? or more importantly, freak out and burn my house down?

Ridiculous situation, I know....
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    If you're talking about the little thing you plug the USB cable into, i don't think you'll have a problem. Just let it dry out for a day or so before you try to use it.

Since there was not charge in there when it got wet, I don't think it will matter.

Later on (months or years) down the road, the connections might become corroded. But that won't hurt your phone either. It just won't charge anymore.
  3.    #3  
    yeah it was the little cylinder shaped part (no power through it)... i had it in a basket of clothes to take with me somewhere to wash, then forgot when i threw in the clothes and now its missing. the laundry isn't all the way done yet so i'll find out soon. has to be in there though.
    I would try to open it up to get most of the water out or use compressed air to blow it out thoroughly... then let it dry out for a few days. It should be ok.

most electronic circuit boards get washed with deionized water during the assembly process, so, water alone shouldn't kill it.
    you will be fine. Now that is washed might as well put it in the drier. You know for equal opportunity lol No but seriously, you should dry it out. and the drier is a safe method for this. You could also put it in a bag of dry rice, kitty liter, or Damp-RID [can get it at Walmart] to absorb the moisture out. I would recommend the Drier method first since its the quickest and easiest method. Now if your phone ever gets wet take the battery out and put the phone in a bag of dry rice, kitty liter, or Damp-RID and the battery in another bag with dry rice, kitty liter, or Damp-RID

Hope this helps
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    you will be fine. Now that is washed might as well put it in the drier. You know for equal opportunity lol No but seriously, you should dry it out. and the drier is a safe method for this. You could also put it in a bag of dry rice, kitty liter, or Dam-RID [can get it at Walmart] to absorb the moisture out. I would recommend the Drier method first since its the quickest and easiest method. Now if your phone ever gets wet take the battery out and put the phone in a bag of dry rice, kitty liter, or Dam-RID and the battery in another bag with dry rice, kitty liter, or Dam-RID

Hope this helps
    didn't know the drier would be ok, but makes sense. its just hot air....
    Also maybe you might want to put it in a sock or something to prevent it from getting damaged from all the tossing and tumbling.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I would throw it in a bag of rice for a couple days. The drier may work, but personally, I wouldn't chance it. Good luck though, hope you get it working.
    If you would like to donate for my time and programs for developing Apps, use the Link Below. As Always, Thank You!
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=8599279
    Drain any water you can out of it then put it in the refrigerator for a few days if you are patient enough. Great dehumidifier. Now you know why the cheese dries out. Works for phones with some luck to (with battery out.) Good luck
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions