Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. jrheuman's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
       #1  
    The connection is fine, but when there is an incoming call and I select talk it automatically goes to the phone microphone, but car speakers. I have to wait 2 seconds to select the BT button to I can begin to talk through the car system. I do not have this problem in my Chrysler Town and Country or with other BT headsets. Only in my 2008 Ford Fusion. The Fusion does not have the navigation and the sync has been updated to the latest 1.3 update. I cannot find a setting to tell the phone to pickup in BT? Help!!
  2. #2  
    are you answering using the control on the steering wheel or are you answering on your phone? I have an 08 fusion and it works perfectly thus far, and has since I got the Pre on launch day... I'm not sure what version my sync is, I've never done anything to it as far as updates go.....
  3. ggee6688's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #3  
    It worked well with 1.1. I have the Sync with Nav and when I go to phone and sync like I did with 1.1, It would list the phone. Now, it says that my pre is connected for audio but not for phone usage. I hate using my bluetooth headset but I guess I will have to until it gets fixed.
    GO KU!!!!!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggee6688 View Post
    It worked well with 1.1. I have the Sync with Nav and when I go to phone and sync like I did with 1.1, It would list the phone. Now, it says that my pre is connected for audio but not for phone usage. I hate using my bluetooth headset but I guess I will have to until it gets fixed.
    Try deleting the phone then re-pairing it with the system....
  5. jrheuman's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
       #5  
    I answer on my phone. I have not tried on my steering wheel. That makes sense to try. Any other ideas would be great. I will report back tomorrow.
  6. #6  
    Wherever you answer the call, that's where audio goes (i.e. on phone or the car ).
  7. mckay25's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    #7  
    I had this same problem after updating to 1.2. I have a Ford Escape Hybrid. I had to delete Sync on my Pre and repair it. It is now paired as both a phone and an audio device. It took a fer tries.
  8. ggee6688's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #8  
    I tried it at least 5 times. Everytime i deleted from Sync and my Prezzone and nada. I am now the creepy guy with the bluetooth headset talking to himself in the car. Guess there isnt that much difference with Sync working.
    GO KU!!!!!
  9. #9  
    The Sync on my Ford Fusion has not worked since the 1.2 upgrade. I can do streaming audio but I cannot get the phone to work even though I have paired the two... I'll have to check if my Sync is up to date.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  10. #10  
    Any good ideas on a fix yet? I have a Ford escape 2009 with sync V.2 worked great with 1.1 Now it only recognizes my phone as an MP3 player when I pair it. Tried several times deleting it off the phone and car but still no luck.
  11. mybadcode's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #11  
    Have the same problem when I went to 1.2 with my 09 F150 and Sync 2.0. Have tried repairing it multiple times with no success. Also, with the Motorola INF 1000 I have to answer the call from the phone not from the 1000's control panel, this is an issue from 1.1 and 1.2. Hopefully they can send a BT patch to resolve these issues.
  12. atoy74's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #12  
    No problems with my '08 Edge. 1.2 works perfectly and the BT audio sounds better (don't know if that's my imagination.)

    ...and regarding the calls defaulting to the mic, I've found that the phone (or sync) remembers how your last call ended. So, if you switched to the handset and ended that conversation with SYNC in privacy mode, then the next phone call will still be working in that mode. Hope that makes sense.

    I'm not 100% but pretty confident that's whats happening.
  13. bc ct's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #13  
    Add my 2009 Lincoln MKX w/ Nav. to the list where SYNC was working flawlessly under 1.1 and is now broken under 1.2 (sees the device as audio and not phone). Looks like this may be a 2009 model year issue. Also, it appears to be working on some 2009 vehicles and not on others. As a stopgap, Palm has posted a link to WebOSDoctor 1.1 on its support site (primarily for users w/ Exchange issues). Hopefully, this gets resoved quickly.
  14. bc ct's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bc ct View Post
    Add my 2009 Lincoln MKX w/ Nav. to the list where SYNC was working flawlessly under 1.1 and is now broken under 1.2 (sees the device as audio and not phone). Looks like this may be a 2009 model year issue. Also, it appears to be working on some 2009 vehicles and not on others. As a stopgap, Palm has posted a link to WebOSDoctor 1.1 on its support site (primarily for users w/ Exchange issues). Hopefully, this gets resoved quickly.
    Good news... I updated the phone to the newly released WebOS 1.21 and went through the pairing process with SYNC in the 2009 MKX w/ nav. It paired on the second try and seems to be working well now. Changes to bluetooth are not in the release notes, but I know that there have been undocumented updates in past releases. Hope the new release works for others with the SYNC issues!
  15. ggee6688's Avatar
    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #15  
    Ditto. My Flex likes 1.2.1
    GO KU!!!!!
  16. #16  
    Still not working on my 09 Escape. Still pairs only as audio device.
  17. #17  
    I finally figured it out!!!! The problem with the Ford Sync will not resolve with downgrading to old OS. I tried 1.1 ad it still only connected as an audio device. The trick is to delete the device from both the Phone AND User device areas of the car. I was always deleting from the phone setting only and it kept reconnecting as an audio device. When I deleted from both areas (and of course delete sync from the pre) and re-paired, it worked. You need to go to settings in both Phone and Media to delete the pre from your car.
    Good luck
  18. atoy74's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jrheuman View Post
    The connection is fine, but when there is an incoming call and I select talk it automatically goes to the phone microphone, but car speakers. I have to wait 2 seconds to select the BT button to I can begin to talk through the car system. I do not have this problem in my Chrysler Town and Country or with other BT headsets. Only in my 2008 Ford Fusion. The Fusion does not have the navigation and the sync has been updated to the latest 1.3 update. I cannot find a setting to tell the phone to pickup in BT? Help!!
    Quote Originally Posted by atoy74 View Post
    No problems with my '08 Edge. 1.2 works perfectly and the BT audio sounds better (don't know if that's my imagination.)

    ...and regarding the calls defaulting to the mic, I've found that the phone (or sync) remembers how your last call ended. So, if you switched to the handset and ended that conversation with SYNC in privacy mode, then the next phone call will still be working in that mode. Hope that makes sense.

    I'm not 100% but pretty confident that's whats happening.
    jrheuman, any luck with your situation? Curious if my theory holds water.
  19. chafedbm's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #19  
    I thought the latest version of Sync was 1.3? I upgraded Sync to 1.3 on my 09 Focus.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ikieg View Post
    I finally figured it out!!!! The problem with the Ford Sync will not resolve with downgrading to old OS. I tried 1.1 ad it still only connected as an audio device. The trick is to delete the device from both the Phone AND User device areas of the car. I was always deleting from the phone setting only and it kept reconnecting as an audio device. When I deleted from both areas (and of course delete sync from the pre) and re-paired, it worked. You need to go to settings in both Phone and Media to delete the pre from your car.
    Good luck
    Help! I LOVE my Sync, but I've never been able to update it - ever. I've had blackberry curves till now and then got a Pre when they first came out in Canada. At first it synced no problem, now I get nothing. It was a little sporadic prior to my installing the new Palm OS (got a load me now note on Sunday) and now I've got nothing. The Pre is telling me it's connected - although mostly just music, sometimes phone. The Sync is giving me the pass code then telling the me 'safety' talk, then says there's no devices. I'm going insane.
    You mention deleting the Pre in 'both' places, phone and media - how would I do that?
    While we're on it, if you have any tricks for making the Sync update successfully, I'd be eternally grateful!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions