Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ikieg View Post
    I finally figured it out!!!! The problem with the Ford Sync will not resolve with downgrading to old OS. I tried 1.1 ad it still only connected as an audio device. The trick is to delete the device from both the Phone AND User device areas of the car. I was always deleting from the phone setting only and it kept reconnecting as an audio device. When I deleted from both areas (and of course delete sync from the pre) and re-paired, it worked. You need to go to settings in both Phone and Media to delete the pre from your car.
    Good luck
    I really wish I read your post before I went and ran WebOS Doctor on my Pre. After I ran Doc the phone still didn't work. I had to goto phone, goto the list of devices, delete my current Palm Pre, Deleted it on the Pre it's self (if you still have it) and then I as able to repair the two and now I have my phone and my music working!

what a PITA
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    I really wish I read your post before I went and ran WebOS Doctor on my Pre. After I ran Doc the phone still didn't work. I had to goto phone, goto the list of devices, delete my current Palm Pre, Deleted it on the Pre it's self (if you still have it) and then I as able to repair the two and now I have my phone and my music working!

what a PITA
    Hi, there,
    I think I've got the same issue as earlier mentioned - I've upgraded the OS to 1.2.1 but now I need to make Sync realise it's a phone and media player. It's only taking it as a media player.
    Do you know how to remove it as a media player? I've taken it out as a phone, but don't know how to move it as a media player.
    Hoping you can help!
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chafedbm View Post
    I thought the latest version of Sync was 1.3? I upgraded Sync to 1.3 on my 09 Focus.
    Yeah, I should've clarified. 1.2 = Pre, 1.3 = SYNC.
    I don't know what kind of radio you have in the car. Mine is the nav system with buttons on both sides of the touch screen. The second button on the left is the MEDIA button which bring up the bluetooth deviecs as well as the CD/DVD. If you choose settings under this menu you will find devices and need to delete the pre. The next step in the PHONE button on the left of the screen and repeat the process under settings. Then you ca re-pair the phone to the car and it should work. As far as updeting sync, I have version 2 and it works fine. To update if needed go to syncmyride.com, create an account and it will guide you through the update process.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I also saw this problem on my F-150... my pre (running 1.2.1) was not recognized by my Sync system as a phone...

Also, connecting my Pre to Sync for BT media streaming appears to be really, really buggy... I typically have to turn BT off (on the Pre) a couple times to jar it into working... it eventually does though.

Seems like 1.2.1 is big step backwards for BT... just does not seem a stable... Hoping I'm wrong! ;-) ..

Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by ikieg View Post
    I don't know what kind of radio you have in the car. Mine is the nav system with buttons on both sides of the touch screen. The second button on the left is the MEDIA button which bring up the bluetooth deviecs as well as the CD/DVD. If you choose settings under this menu you will find devices and need to delete the pre. The next step in the PHONE button on the left of the screen and repeat the process under settings. Then you ca re-pair the phone to the car and it should work. As far as updeting sync, I have version 2 and it works fine. To update if needed go to syncmyride.com, create an account and it will guide you through the update process.
    Thanks very much! I finally managed to get it paired by upgrading to 1.2.1 and then going in to my phone settings and 'deleting all devices', then re-pairing. Fingers crossed it's working so far.

As for the update, I've tried everything and each time it starts the install and then tells me it's failed. I'm tearing my hair out!

Thanks, again!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Well, I've done all these things and my car (08 Fusion) still will not pair with my phone, only the media player. This is incredibly frustrating! It worked great until the last Pre update
    Quote Originally Posted by av1atrx View Post
    Well, I've done all these things and my car (08 Fusion) still will not pair with my phone, only the media player. This is incredibly frustrating! It worked great until the last Pre update
    I hear you - it was driving me insane! Are you sure you updated your pre to 1.2.1? You could run a check for updates just to be sure. Mine was doing nothing on 1.2, when it worked fine on 1.1.

Then go in to your sync and instead of selecting to del device, select del all devices.

Once those two things are done, it should sync.

Good luck!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    OK, checked and DO have 1.2.1, so now I'll try the del all devices trick. I deleted the pre only before; maybe deleting them all will work. Thanks for the advice. I'll post back if it works.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Havisham View Post
    I hear you - it was driving me insane! Are you sure you updated your pre to 1.2.1? You could run a check for updates just to be sure. Mine was doing nothing on 1.2, when it worked fine on 1.1.

Then go in to your sync and instead of selecting to del device, select del all devices.

Once those two things are done, it should sync.

Good luck!
    Update: It worked! Thank you very much for making this suggestion. As soon as I deleted ALL devices, my phone paired properly and has worked ever since. THANK YOU!!!
    I have a 09 Fusion and incoming calls with my new Apple Iphone go directly to privacy mode. I had a Samsung Droid before and all call went to speaker. Anyone have suggestion to get incoming calls on Iphone to not be in privacy mode?
    Just recently, my sync has been stuck in the privacy mode. I cannot turn it off at all. I removed all devices and then re-installed my phone but that didn't work. Has anyone had this problem and do you know how to fix it. HELP!
    Have you tried removing the Pre from the Sync system as well as removing sync from the Pre?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12